Sequel: The Pain Of Love.
Status: The end is near!

You're Automatic.

Rescue Me.

It had been three days since Bill had left, and no one had heard anything from him. The thing that bothered me the most about the situation was that I seemed the most worried and they were leaving in only three days. Not even Tom seemed that bothered by his twin's disappearance; he just kept insisting that he was fine.

I pulled out my cell phone and started a new text. "Bill, i know youre probably annoyed by all the texts i keep sending you but i just want to know youre okay. Plz write me back soon.
xoxo, mandy
"

I sent it without any expectations of a reply. I had already texted him thirty-two times since I had gotten my new phone, and I never got a single reply for him. It was really disappointing and even hurt a little bit to think that he was ignoring me. I looked at my phone as it chimed for a new message, expecting it to be from Tom or Skye. I opened it and gasped quietly.

"Hallo Amy. Your texts are not annoying me. I'm glad you have a new phone. I am okay, I guess. Please don't worry.
Love, Bill
"

I sighed and read the text over and over, wishing there was more. I typed out a reply, "How can i not worry? Youve all but completely fallen off the face of the earth, william... I miss you..." I hovered my thumb over the button to send it for a minute before I pushed it and quickly sent my phone face-down on the arm of the couch. I looked over as Tom dropped down beside me.

"Hey, do you want something to eat?" He put his arm over my shoulders and looked at me. He sighed in mild aggravation when I shook my head. "Amanda..."

"I'm not really hungry, Tom... If you want to, I can go with you, I guess." I eyed my phone anxiously, waiting for to go off and desperately hoping it would.

He sighed and ran his hands over his face. "No, it's fine... I guess I'll be back in a few minutes." He stood up and headed for the door, stopping and looking at me just before walking out, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, staring at my hands, and he walked out of the room, shutting the door a little too hard. I winced, knowing he wasn't too happy with me. I knew he would forgive me before too long, though, and refused to worry about it anymore. My phone chimed and I picked it up almost too quickly.

"Normally I hate when people call me William... But I don't mind when you use it. I miss you too. Meet me in the hotel lobby by the front desk in five minutes? By yourself, please?
Love, Bill
"

I let out a sigh of relief, drooping my head back against the couch for a second. I quickly jumped up to put on my shoes and head out to see my teddy bear for the first time in too long. "Okay. Ill see you soon." I ran and hand through my hair before pulling the hood of my sleeveless, checkered shirt up over my head in case the guys were in the hallway; not like they wouldn't know it was me since I was currently the only one in this room, but I didn't want to risk it.

I casually walked out of the suite, holding my phone so tightly in my hand that I thought I might break it, and I walked toward the elevator. Each second felt like fifteen minutes as I waited for the doors to open and I hoped none of the guys would be waiting inside. I was relieved to find it empty when the doors parted, and I quickly slid inside. Tapping my fingers impatiently, I waited as the elevator slowly traveled downward. When it arrived at the main floor, I stepped out and walked out to the front desk, searching the lobby for the familiar face. I smiled as I spotted someone wearing a black hoodie standing by the front desk, the hood pulled over their head to hide their face. I jogged over and tapped his shoulder, then my heart nearly stopped and my smile turned into a look of pure terror.

The man under the hood flipped me around so my back was pressed against him, and the barrel of a pistol was pressed to my temple. The cold metal made me scream and immediately start shaking, but I followed the man's jerky movements. "Nobody move!" The man pointed the pistol toward a man at the front desk, "You! Give me the money, or this pretty little girl won't see the light of day again! NOW!" The gun was back to my head and I stared at the man behind the desk in horror.

The clerk looked between the robber and me before he opened the cash register and started handing him wads of money, taking his time a little to stall until help could arrive. He looked at me apologetically.

The robber wrapped his arm around my neck to keep me from running away, the gun right in my face as he used his free hand to stuff the money into his pockets. "Now, I'm going to walk out of here and no one is going to call the cops, got it!?" He switched arms and pointed the gun at anyone in the way as he edged toward the door, dragging me along with him. As we got outside, the freezing cold hit me like a brick and made goosebumps rise on my bare arms, making me wish I had worn a jacket. I clamped my eyes shut as he continued to drag me along with him. What could he possibly need me for now?

"Amanda!?"

My eyes flew open and I jerked my head over to where the mellifluous voice had come from. "Bill," I shrieked, a smile flitting across my face for a the briefest of seconds just at the sight of him, but I gasped as the robber pointed the gun at my teddy bear.

"Hey buddy, stay back!" His hand shook nervously at the unexpected confrontation and I wondered if he might accidentally shoot someone.

Bill put his hands up in front of him. "I don't have a phone and I don't have a weapon, just calm down and let the girl go. You don't want to do this." His eyes flickered just passed us but was back to the man's face in a fraction of a second.

Next thing I knew, both the robber and I were on the ground and Bill took a quick step toward us. The gun was a good two feet away, but my kidnapper snatched a knife from his pocket and pushed himself up to a crouching position, swinging the glinting object at Bill lightning fast.

Bill yelped and jumped back, nearly tumbling over, holding his arm. "Grab her and get her away," he barked at someone behind me.

Before I had a chance to look over at who he was yelling at, a gun went off right beside me. I slammed my hands over my ears as the sound echoed deafeningly, leaving a loud ringing in my ears.

"DAMMIT!" The sound was barely audible over my ringing ears but I looked over to see a man rolling on the ground, clutching his leg and hissing curses. Before I got a good look at him, his eyes widened and he rolled to dodge the thief as he tried to plunge the knife into his shoulder.

"Amanda!"

I was pulled up off the ground and, when I took stumbling steps instead of hasty ones, I was picked up into Bill's arms. I buried my face in his chest, too much in shock to cry but feeling safe being so close to him. He ran down an alley and knelt down, setting me on the ground in front of me. "Amanda, are you okay?" he asked frantically, eyes wide.

I leapt forward and wrapped my arms around him and burying my face in his neck, choking back sobs. "No! First I thought something happened to you then, when I finally get word from you, I get a gun pressed to my head and dragged out of the hotel! Have you ever felt the terror of looking down a gun!?" That made me lose it and I sobbed. "Next thing I know, you and some other man are trying to save me and... Are you okay!? Who was that guy?" I pulled back but couldn't see the mystery man in the dark alley. "The robber cut you and-"

"Amanda, please calm down." I felt his hand on my face, thumb gently stroking my cheek bone. "I'm fine, it's just a cut; not too deep, already done bleeding." I could barely see the movement of him moving his head to look past me. "I met him at the bar across the street, don't worry. Stay right here."

I heard him stand up and I jumped at the sound of cloth tearing followed by someone suddenly yelling. "Hey, Bill, you down there?"

"Hey, yeah. Are you okay?"

I looked down the alley where the other man's voice was coming from. I could see his silhouette against the setting sun in the streets. "The bastard cut my leg up something good but I'm okay. Didja get the girl?"

Bill helped me up and we walked toward the entrance of the alley, toward the man. We emerged from the darkness and I squinted and blinked until I could see. I recognized the man and smiled widely. "Oh my god, Andy!" I leaped from Bill to the man, nearly tackling him in a hug. "I thought you lived in Arizona!"

"Whoa, hey, squirt! I didn't recognize you, you've really grown up!" He hugged me briefly, laughing. "I do but - well, I did. Mary filed for divorce and kicked me out, so I thought I might as well come home." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly before waving it off, "Eh, Arizona's too hot and boring for me anyway!" He ruffled my hair.

Bill looked between us skeptically and questioningly. "You two know each other?" he asked carefully, still eyeing Andy and I.

I nodded, giving Andy another quick hug. "He's my cousin. I haven't seen him in a good six years, though; since he got married and moved to Arizona."

"What a small world," Bill muttered in slight awe, staring at us like he couldn't believe it.

I let go of my cousin and walked back over to Bill, hugging him. "No, not really. It's just...fate, I guess." I smiled up at him and he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, binding me to him.

"Fate." He smiled when he said it. "I like the sound of that. Come with me." He released me from the hug and grasped me hand in his. "Thanks again, Andy. I really appreciate all your help." He gave my cousin a nod.

Andy nodded once in return and looked at me. "Let me guess, Aunt Mel and your step-dad don't know about this." It wasn't a question and he didn't seem amused.

I nodded slowly. "And you can't tell them anything, Andrew! You have to promise me you won't tell!" I looked at him pleadingly.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Hell no, I won't say a thing to anyone! You're a smart kid, I know that. I've got your back, squirt. Have fun." He saluted and started to walk away, stopping before he got too far and looking back at us, "But not too much fun." He pointed sternly at Bill, "That's my baby cousin, you better treat her like a princess because that's what she deserves." He nodded at us and walked away.

"No, she deserves better," Bill said in return, mostly to himself. He sighed with a half smile then looked down at me. "Let's go." When I nodded, he gave my hand a slight squeeze and we walked down the street, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
REUINTED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD. I thought it was only fair to give you guys two chapters in one night after making you wait so long. I might post one more, but I would like to get ahead a bit so this kind of thing doesn't have to happen again. );
Anyway, more adorable Bill&Amy moments to come. c;

Comment, subscribe, recommend! <3