Sequel: The Pain Of Love.
Status: The end is near!

You're Automatic.

Brotherly Competition.

The cop had finished questioning me and said I would be taken into the station when they had their suspects so I could identify the man that had robbed the hotel. I wasn't looking forward to that experience, but would do whatever I could to get him put in jail.

Tom showed the officer out then walked back into the living room, looking between Bill and I. He decided on looking at me. "Why didn't you answer my texts? Where did you go?" He sounded like my mother - well, not my mother, but a stereotypical mother that actually cared.

I started to answer him, but was quickly cut off by Bill. "She was with me. After her ordeal here, we went to the park and talked." He pursed his lips for a second before sighing, "And now we need to talk to you."

Tom raised a brow and nodded once. "I think I agree, Bill." Tom looked like he was on the brink of snapping completely; his eyes were closed, his jaws were clenched, and his hands were in tight fists causing his knuckles to turn white. I was pretty sure he was about to start yelling, and that's exactly what he started doing. They were fighting in German, Bill on edge but calm enough to have control.

"Tom, I know you want what's best for me and you want me to be happy, so please don't make a big deal out of this. I love Bill and I want to be with him," I injected as Tom's tone started to get more hostile.

Tom grit his teeth and walked over to the door throwing it open. "Gehen Sie hinaus... Jetzt." He looked at me sternly, and I could feel that he was having a hard time resisting the urge to glare at me.

I looked to Bill for translation, despite having a pretty good idea what Tom had said. "He wants you to leave," he said, looking at his twin in disgust and annoyance. He eyed Tom and shook his head, "You don't need to be so rude to her. We thought you'd want what's best for her, whatever made her happy."

I pushed up off the couch, deciding it was probably best to leave, and grabbed one of my bags since Tom had made me get some new clothes that were a little nicer and closer to his standards. I walked toward the door, Tom not having moved an inch, and looked back at Bill. He smiled at me reassuringly and nodded. I glanced at Tom, only receiving a cold, blank stare, and walked out; I was barely out of the room when Tom slammed the door behind me, making me yelp in surprise.

I walked down the hallway a little, still hearing their yelling, and quickened my pace for the stairs. I walked up two flights then through the door, sitting on the floor with my back to the wall since I didn't know which room was Bill's, nor did I have a keycard for it. I took a shaky breath before pulling my knees up to my chest; I buried my face in them and began to cry silently.

[Bill's POV]
"Tom, I think you're being irrational," I said shortly after Tom had slammed the door on her back, crossing my arms. He was overreacting, something he was all too good at.

"Irrational. IRRATIONAL!? I can't believe you! You're a liar! Either you liked her before and are only telling the truth now or you're just doing this to protect her from me," he barked angrily.

I shrank back for a minute. He was right, I had lied and taken her from him. But Gustav's words echoed in my head, giving me a little bit more fuel: "Man up! Don't be such a wimp!" I stood up. "You're right, I lied in the beginning, but only because I knew that you liked her. But... I love her, Tom, and she loves me. Why is it so wrong for me to have this for once?"

"'Why is it so wrong for me to have this for once?'" he repeated like it was ridiculous. "It's wrong because you had your chance and did nothing, Bill! You blew it with her and now you're trying to steal her from me." Tom glared hard. He was pissed and that truly scared me; I had never seen him so mad in all my life. "Sie sind ein Feigling," he spat.

I winced at the insult, but he was right... I was a coward."Tom, I'm fighting you for her... I never fight you for anything, don't that make you realize just how important this, Amanda, is to me?"

[End POV ;; Tom's POV]

His face was sincere, he did truly love her... But he gave up his right to be with her when he told her he didn't love her and walked out! Was I just supposed to give up my chance with a girl I really liked as more than just a piece of ass because he had made a stupid decision? I knew it was the right thing to do since Bill was my brother and I always got the girls, but I felt it was unfair to just sacrifice my happiness with Amanda so that he could have a second chance.

"Please, Tom. I love her. I really do..." He looked at the ground for a minute, "I really don't want you to be against this. I want your blessing, you're my brother." He looked at me pleadingly.

I stood motionless, two equal parts of me clashing to the death over the subject. "You don't deserve her. You made this stupid decision to let her go and now you expect me to give it all up?" I glared at him.

Bill looked at me sadly. "I know it's not fair to ask this of you... I know I don't deserve her... But how do you know that you really like her? How do you know that you don't just want to sleep with her?"

I grunted and rolled my eyes. "You were gone for three days, you have no idea what went on while you were gone," I hissed through clenched jaws. I watched the blood drain from his face and resisted the urge to smirk. "Maybe I already did. If you want to be a man and fight me for her then you're in way over your head, little brother." I stared at him as he thought about the subject, face pale as a sheet. "Jetzt gehen hinaus," I muttered, averting my gaze from him as I walked toward the bedroom. I would leave things a that until I made my decision or had a plan at how to win Amanda back.

[End POV]
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys. I know how I'm going to end this now. I'm not sure how far off it will be but I'm afraid it won't be much longer. Don't fret, though, for we aren't there quite yet and you still have a few chapters to enjoy! I apologize for taking so long, my muse has been so low for this story lately and just spiked super high tonight.

Remember to comment, subscribe, and recommend! Your support keeps me motivated! Thank you for all your love and support so far and I hope you all continue to enjoy this story! <3