Sequel: The Pain Of Love.
Status: The end is near!

You're Automatic.

Girl Meets Boy.

"Are you alright?" there was an accent in the voice that asked, which made the already sweet voice that much sweeter.

I just shook my head, far too embarrassed to even look up at who was asking if I was alright. "No. No I'm not," I grumbled into my arm. "I just humiliated myself and was robbed."

I heard him chuckled, then he gently put a hand on my arm. "Hey, it's okay; it's just a cart. And we all publicly humiliate ourselves from time to time. Would you mind if I got you another drink?"

I glanced up and suppressed and whine. It was the cute guy. Why couldn't I just wake up already!? "It wasn't just a cart. My favorite bag was in that cart. And my wallet!" I slowly got to my feet, him helping me. I sighed and straightened my shirt, running my hands over my hair and straightening my posture. "Thank you, but I'll be alright." I turned to walk away, hoping to leave with some shred of dignity, but I stopped when he grabbed my wrist. It made my heart jump to my throat.

"No, please, it's the least I can do to help turn your bad day around." He half smiled and gave my arm a gentle tug. He widened his smile, coaxing me back toward the cashier. "Please?"

He looked elated when I reluctantly smiled and walked back with him, ordering my drink. We stood together, waiting. I chanced the occasional glance at him, blushing when he'd be looking at me. We both chuckled nervously.

"I'm Bill, by the way," he said with another smile, holding his hand out toward me.

I blinked stupidly for a second. "Oh, uhm, it's nice to meet you," I said, shaking his hand and trying not to blush even worse at his adorable smile.

The man behind the counter called Bill's name again and he tried to grab all five of the drinks that belonged to his name. I tried to offer to help and take mine, but he shook his head and strategically gathered the drinks in his arms. He walked toward a table, swinging his head in a gesture for me to follow.

"Jesus, it's about time, Billiam," one of the men at the table he walked over to mumbled, his accent the same as Bill's.

Bill made a face and stuck his tongue out, carefully setting the drinks down and giving a proud smile when none of them spilled or fell over. "Okay, this is the plain coffee. This is the mocha. This is the vanilla cappuccino and this is my hot chocolate." He handed the drinks to their owners. "And this is your white chocolate mocha," he said, sliding my drink toward me.

"I didn't know you could order cute girls here. Guess I know where my new favorite hang out is," one of the other men at the table mumbled to the others, making them all snicker.

I ducked my head and blushed, looking at the floor and pulling at the cardboard wrap of my drink.Bill nudged me with his shoulder and gave me a small smile. "This is my new friend. Her name is... uhm... I don't think you gave it to me, actually." He giggled and smiled again.

"Gosh Bill, I thought you weren't like that..." The one who'd said something about ordering cute girls shook his head in disapproval. "At least now we know why you took so long." He laughed, the other two snickering.

I smiled sheepishly and stuttered for a second. "Amanda. M-my name's Amanda." I cleared my throat and smiled nervously.

"Can't believe little Bill here got you. Should've been me. I'm Tom, I'm Bill's better looking twin brother." The who had teased Bill and me smirked. He had dreadlocks and sunglasses hiding his eyes. I couldn't really see the two being twins.

Bill rolled his eyes and sat down. "Don't listen to him, we're identical... that's Georg and Gustav," he said, pointing at the other two men at the table.

Tom said something to Georg in what I assumed as German due to their accents, and they both snickered as they looked me over. Tom smirked as Bill shot a glare at him. "Chill, baby brother, it's just a joke." He reached over and messed with Bill's hair. "You can sit down with us if you want, we don't bite...hard," he teased, pulling the chair between he and Bill out, patting the seat and looking at me with a devious half smile.

I reluctantly sat down, Tom to my left and Bill to my right, and tore a paper wrapper apart out of nerves. All four of these guys were good looking, so I was bound to say something stupid or make a fool of myself, so I tried to keep quiet. I looked at the guys, remembering their names by how they looked. I was pulled from my thoughts when Tom put his arm over the back of my chair and leaned toward me.

"So Amanda. Tell us a little bit about yourself."

I blinked and furrowed my brows, thinking. That was something I hated. When people asked me to describe myself. How exactly does one describe themselves anyway? What did he want to know? "Uh... Well, I have a twenty year old brother named Skyler. We live with our mom and step-dad, but Skye is more of the parental figure in my life than either of them. He makes sure I always have my homework done and takes care of me and all that." I shrugged.

"Where's your real dad?" There was something in the look Bill gave me, something curious and understanding.

"He, uh... He died when I was little. A car accident. Mom was never the same after that." I shrugged again, this time my shoulders barely moving. I focused on shredding the straw wrapper, trying not to think about it. I didn't like to talk about the past, it was painful, so I just did everything in my power to avoid the topic.

Bill wrapped his arms around me in a hug and I wouldn't help smiling as he scooted his chair closer to mine. "I'm so sorry! I hope I didn't make you sad." He frowned like that was the worst thing imaginable. He looked at tom for a second, then at me, "Our parents are separated when we were little. Mom remarried, but we never really see dad anymore." He looked at me sincerely, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head and gave a weak smile. "It's okay. I was just little kid. I don't really like to talk about it." I sighed, running my hand through my hair. I cleared my throat, hoping to get rid of the lump that was starting to form.

There was an awkward silence for a while after that. Everyone sipped quietly and thoughtfully at their drinks, no one saying a work. Finally, Gustav broke the silence.

"Have you ever heard of the band Tokio Hotel?"

I looked and him and shook my head. "No. My friend really loves them, though. She's been trying to get my to listen to them but," I trailed off and shrugged, never having the motivation to look up the band. I looked at him again, "Why? Are they good?"

Georg made a face at Tom and they both rolled their eyes before looking at me. "We're gonna have to fix that." He stood up and smirked, taking my hands and pulling me to my feet.

My eyes went wide. "But, but, but..." What did he mean? I couldn't go with them I just met them. I mean, I kinda wanted to go with them. I really wanted to go with them. They looked at me, waiting for me to give a reason. I bit my lip, trying hard to think of something. "My brother!" I cringed slightly at my voice, high and loud. "He, uhm, doesn't know where I am. He'll worry." I pursed my lips and fiddled with my hoodie sleeve.

Tom seemed to think about that for a minute, looking at the guys as they waited like a dog sled team, waiting for their master's word. "We'll explain it later, don't worry," he said with a careless shrugged as he pulled along behind him out to the parking lot to a black Cadillac.

I stood my ground when he unlocked the doors and opened it for me. It wasn't like he could force me into the car, right? Wrong. Next thing I knew, I was being thrown over Georg's shoulder and carried into the car. He sat on one side of me and Bill got in on the other side. Gustav laughed as he got into the front passenger seat. I crossed my arms and huffed in annoyance. Sandwiched between the two grown men, even if Bill was a bit smaller than the average male, it was a tight fit and it wasn't exactly comfortable.Bill looked at me a second then crossed his arms tightly over his chest, sticking his bottom lip out in a pout with brows pulled together in frustration.

"What are you doing?" I asked, half curious and half annoyed.

"Imitating you," he explained simply, imitating my tone and expression. I raised a brow at him, trying to keep from seeming amused when he copied me. After a couple minutes of him being my copycat, I snatched the black beanie from his head and stuck it under my legs, "Haha!"

"Hey, give that back!" He pouted, trying to get the hat back.

I looked at his hair, the black dreads stopping a few inches before the roots where it was soft and fluffy. I was tempted to reach out and touch it until Bill started tickling me. Georg soon joined in and I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. "Okay, okay, take your stupid hat," I screamed, throwing it at him.

I hadn't even noticed we were driving until the car was stopped, parked in front of a building. I got out of the car with them, Tom pulling me toward it by one hand while Bill held the other reassuringly. When we got in, I looked around at the dirty sofa and love seat in the corner of the room, instruments neatly organized around the rest. It looked like a rehearsal spot.

Bill pulled me over to the couch and pointed at it. "Sit." When I sat down, he smiled and pat my head. "Good girl. Now staaay," he said, slowly backing away with his hands up. He walked over to a microphone and waited while the others goth their instruments ready and fiddled with the amps.

Finally, I had to ask. "What's this all about?" I was curious, confused. One second they're asking me about a band, the next I'm sitting in a room full of instruments.

Tom plugged his guitar into an amp. "Our band," he stated in explanation. He looked at the blank expression on my face and laughed. "Tokio Hotel. That's us, our band," he gestured to himself and the others.

Oh marvelous job, Amanda, you made a fool of yourself like you knew you would. My face turned red and my ears felt hot. I jumped, startled, as they started to play.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter two, brought to you by COFFEE and 4am.

comment, sub, rec?