Sequel: The Pain Of Love.
Status: The end is near!

You're Automatic.

Help.

[Skye's POV]
Oh dang, did she say what I think she said? I expected Bill cared about her but - whoa... I stared at her, unable to really come up with something to say. I blinked hard as she peeked an eye open. "Well... What do we have to talk about then? He loves you, you love him." I shrugged and smiled.

"Well, he's three years older than me... And he's a rockstar that lives in Germany." She looked at her hands.

I turned to face her and nodded. They were both things that caused some issues. "Amanda, I don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but you're kinda of setting yourself up for disaster. I mean, just think of how many girls throw themselves at him all the time." I watched her face fall sadly as she nodded. "Since he lives in Germany, you won't get to see him very often. And, even though it’s only three years, I’m sure he has much more experience in relationships than you and I don’t want that getting you into trouble. I’m sure you know what I mean by that." I didn't want my baby sister getting pregnant with some guy's kid when he couldn't even be around. It wouldn't be fair to her and I wouldn't let it happen.

She looked at me, her brows knitted together. "Skye, you know I'm not like that. And Bill isn't like that. He really cares about me. I’ve finally found someone who, as soon as I see him, my heart races; I’ve found the one that can say my name and I smile. His very presence makes everything okay. Skye, for once I’m happy. That makes everything worth it." She smiled, and it reached her eyes.

I had never seen her so happy and I had a feeling she would fight to keep that, no matter what. But she didn't know what she was getting herself into, she had only known this man for a week, and I had to protect her... "I know you're happy now, but think of the different situations you could be put in. Some of those situations could really hurt you, and I don't want to see that happen to you. And you know if mom and Shawn caught wind of this, they'd go straight to the police and press charges. They don't need proof to get him in trouble for being with you."

"We have to think of something, Skye. We just have to! I can't give this up... Don't I deserve to be happy?" She looked ready to cry, the desperation in her eyes was almost too much to bare.

I didn't like the situation, my innocent little sister dating some famous rockstar that would hardly get to see her... And she needed my help to make everything work. "Okay," I said hesitantly with a sigh. "Just... Do me a favor and don't make him your everything? If you do and something happens, you'll be left with nothing." I ran a hand through my hair and sighed loudly before rising to my feet. "I guess big brother is on the case." I ruffled her hair and watched her relax and smile, then I headed into the house.

I had to call a lawyer. Would I really be able to do it? Would I really have it in me to undermine my mom and step-dad, to suffer whatever consequences they would throw at me? I felt like I could make a good case and would win, but would it be worth it? Seeing how happy my baby sister had become, I knew it was.

"Anthony, do you know any good lawyers? I don't know if I can afford it, but I have to try." I couldn't help smirking as I saw Bill go pale. "Don't worry, this is to help you and Amy." The smirk faded and I raised a brow. "Not that I approve... Amanda has it in her head that you two are inseperable and she's you everything."

"We will be, if she wants. And she is my everything," Bill murmured, his face going bright red and his eyes quickly falling to look at the ground.

Anthony chuckled and pat the boy on the back. "I do know a pretty good lawyer, actually. Why do you need him?" He glanced at me and I shared a look with him that hee seemed to understand almost immediately. He nodded once, "He owes me a favor, I'll call him immediately." He turned and walked into the other room.

End POV]

I stood on the porch, just breathing in the cold air in hopes that it would make me fell less jittery. Skye seemed to take the news well but he left it unclearly as to what he was going to do and it worried me. I knew he was worried about me getting hurt but he had to believe it could work, just like I knew it would.

"Amanda!" Olivia's voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked over just in time to see Aubrey tackle me to the ground, leaving a short trail of groceries in his wake. I yelped and giggled as he hugged me tightly. "Get off of her you freak," Olivia said as she lightly kicked him in the ribs.

He rolled his eyes and got off of me before helping me to my feet. He peered down at my foot then looked back up at me with a raised brow, "Amanda Sanders, where is your foot brace?" My innocent smile made him roll his eyes once more. "You know, I bet you didn't wear it for two hours after you left here," he said, gathering his groceries again.

"Not true! I wore it until I took a shower the next morning." I grinned at him and took a bag of grocceries before I scurried into the house and away from his scolding German, though I could tell he was trying very hard to hold back a laugh.

I walked through the house and put the bag in the kitchen. I briefly helped unload the food and put it away with Aubrey and Olivia then we joined Bill and Anthony in the living room. "Where's Skye?" I asked and I planted myself in Bill's lap. He blushed a bit but put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and burying his face in my hair. It made me giggle.

Anthony knotted his fingers together and smiled at us. "He had an important phone call. He probably hasn't told you, but he's going to be very scarce for a while... He has a lot of work to do."

I frowned but nodded. My brother being scarce would be scary. Before too long, I'd have to find somewhere else to go before the boys had to go back to Germany for touring. That stress weighing on me was terrifying. I turned and looked at Bill sadly. Before long, I'd be without my teddy bear... What was I going to do without my savior?