Status: As finished as it will ever be

Ignorance is Bliss Right?

Ignorance Is Bliss

“If they knew they’d die. Hell, if this weren’t me right here I’d die too.” I sighed laying there in the damp grass. The moon was right above us, but all I could see was her eyes. How did I ever get to be this lucky? There must be a God, and he must be watching over me.

“I’d doubt we’d be any other place right now. It’s fate.” She says taking my hand and holding it over her heart. I can feel the pattern; one beat, one beat, two beats, one beat. Music if I’d ever heard it. I could never believe in something more perfect than the moment we were living. It would be a dream if it were anything greater than this.

“You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be. So for right now I’m glad to be here with you. I’m glad to be able to hold you. We can’t tell right now, they wouldn’t get it. I get it though, and you get it too. We’re the only ones who count in this unforgiving world. It’s you and me until the end. I love you. I just love you so much it seems impossible. You’re such a beautiful gift, that it’d be a sin to unwrap you. One day though, but for now we should just enjoy the night. I promise there will be other nights like tonight. Not saying there will be many, but they will be there.” She leaned towards me and held me close.

In her eyes was the most meaningful message. They screamed love, fear, intensity. They were all a person could wish for. They spoke alongside her truth bearing lips. They both were always speaking meaningful words into my soul. Sometimes I thought we could be the same person. It was unlikely, but a valid thought. We were too much alike. There were differences though. She was a person who’d been deemed unfit for love, then named a criminal for finding it in the most forbidden way. She was a beautiful person, some people couldn’t see it. I could though; I could see every inch of her beauty, both inner and outer.

“I love you.” She whispered. So I whispered it right back. Said with more words than just the three, the phrase seemed strong, but saying it all by itself it seemed extremely fragile. It seemed so fragile that if it were said too loud it might just break apart and crumble beneath us.
It was a good feeling to see how we were in comparison to the world. The world- an abomination. We were an abomination. The hated ones in the world. I just wish everybody around us could see that we felt about each other, and understand that we were happy. I was happy. She was happy. We were happy and in love. I don’t know, maybe we were in the wrong here. Though the way I feel is simple. “If loving you is wrong, then I don’t want to be right. I’d rather be damned and hated, than have to suffer because of the views of those around us. Plus we don’t have to tell anyone. Ignorance is bliss right?” I asked, with a bright smile. The only time I smiled like that was around her.

The sky was just so beautiful. It was nights like this that I wish I could bottle up the sky. Bottle each other up rather. If I could I would, but hey I’d take what I could get. Maybe she doesn’t feel the same. “That was… random.” She said out of the blue. “Huh?” I replied. “ You just…you just all of a sudden said that. What if we don’t have to hide it? What if we shout it from the rooftops? Would that make you mad? Huh, would it make you feel like you don’t need me? Now that I’ve ruined your fun. Maybe you’re just another part of the selfish machine.” She huffed. I cringed at her tone.
“Maybe I am a part of it, but so are you! You think I’m doing this just for the fun of it? I wouldn’t be here with you if I didn’t care. I wouldn’t have ever talked to you, I love you. But honestly, what’s you without me?” I questioned. It may have came off a little rude, but it wasn’t meant to be. “ What’s that supposed to mean?” she snapped. “It’s supposed to mean both of us, not just you not just me, are a whole. We were put together for a reason. It was kismet. I know you and I aren’t perfect together, we might be anything but. I’d pronounce our love from the rooftops if it made you happy. Because you deserve nothing less than anything your heart desires.” I explained to her.
She looked at me, a little… I guess you could say stupefied. I wouldn’t want to say that to her though. She’d react in a way that isn’t really needed at the moment. I looked back into her eyes. Those eyes, those eyes, those eyes. The eyes I could wake up to. Those eyes were the eyes I’d hope to find happiness. This is paradise. I guess she’s paradise all in herself. But like I said, we both had to have each other. We both needed each other. It took two halves to make a whole. We were the missing pieces in each other’s puzzles. Look at me. I meet a girl, and get sentimental. I’d laugh at myself if it wouldn’t ruin the moment. I would keep it exactly the same.

It felt nice to know that we were the glue keeping our love together, if only we were stronger. Maybe if it were, we wouldn’t have nights like this. Nights that I wanted to bottle up the sky. Bottle up the moment. Bottle up the fights. I’d keep all of this bottled up if it meant staying with her.