Sequel: Cold as Winter
Status: If you haven't read the story Blood Red Snow White, this might make no sense. Go read it. :)

Grass Green Moon White

Meeting

A mountain pass swirls beside me as I gallop through the worn out trails. Wolves.

They'd been here before.

Their scent mixes and strengthens their numbers in my mind. So many wolves.

My heart drills in my chest, could I have finally found them? Were these the others?

My species? My sisters and brothers?

Always I was left pondering my state. Since I was 14 I had become a wolf on my own. I hadn't been able to breathe in the darkness that night so I slithered out my window and into the woods. Scrubbing my arms against the barks of familiar trees that hardly missed me since I had been there that afternoon I cried. What was I? Was I part monster or insane? Was I delusional or deranged? Who would comfort me now that I wasn't the same?

These leaves, the dark green grass, the water trickles between the brooks, they had become my sanctuary.

My bones split and I became a wolf. My senses sharpened and my woes became engulfed. A new longing in my magnified heart. Beneath this brown fur, something began to hurt.

Snout to the floor I began to pray, Oh God, was I going to be okay? This isn't what I'm used to, how could I become this thing, out of fairy tales and comics, so fast I was changing. Why couldn't I be Rapunzel with golden locks spiraling out a window, a fine eyed man to meet me, instead of being a wolf hungrily chasing a doe?

A lady? A princess? A gentle mermaid or countess? How had this become just me against the elements?

Was I really me anymore, part wolf and part girl? Did this animal form have feelings, would Sara be no more, or would I become a huntress and hide behind closed doors?

Terrifying children. Was that who I was?

Destruction.

No, I had to be more. I knew in my heart I was always meant to soar. An optimist by choice, I saw my bike as a Rolls Royce. There had to be others that had opened their eyes to see the whole world different and freshly opened ties. Knots no more. I knew it. Not even a rock was made alone. Not even a fish. How was it that a giant beast could just appear, random flesh and bone? Just from a little touch, a ray, the moon's kiss?

Yes, there was more, I had decided that very night. The orphanage was no more and I could see my path in sight. The truth was calling me, blowing open a path. I could now clearly see, blessed that my body was made fast.

I chased the wind, it spiraled and made my thoughts spin. I swayed with the rivers, they rushed me forward to the truth. I trekked the mountains, their strength aided mine.

Now I was surrounded, the presence of strangers. How far were they, their scents had been here, maybe days?

A twig cracks.

I swivel.

The forest never seemed so dark, never seemed so terrible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Spin off of http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/509767/Blood-Red-Snow-White/