Sequel: Cold as Winter
Status: If you haven't read the story Blood Red Snow White, this might make no sense. Go read it. :)

Grass Green Moon White

Journey

One deep breath plunges deep into my lungs and escapes again.

I breath.

I whimper.

My paws hold ground, but my legs shiver. I tremble.

Those green eyes felt like home.

Come back.

A piece, deep inside of me, whispers.

I breath.

He breathes.

Stands there staring at me. Eyes burning through my face and unraveling my knotted up dreams.

I heard you. Here, I brought you some clothes. Change back to human. I'll be far enough away.

I don't know how.

Okay, you just focus on the human part of you. Your thoughts, your home, and your friends. You have friends, right?

My Rolls Royce pedals through my mind, two wheels more than I ever had before.

He races away.

My human self again. Feet covered in mud. Beautiful green and brown covered feet. I rip open the bag to a hoodie and sweat pants. I pull them on and I slump down.

A twig snaps.

I glance up. A tall young man makes his way to me. He rests in front of me, muscles easily relaxing. The Nike bag at our feet.

"Hi, I'm Tyler." He breathes.

My heart attempts to jump out of my ears.

"Hi, I'm Sara." I say. My body feels like rocks climbed down my throat.

"Sara. Sara, have you ever seen a wolf before?"

My head shakes and the earth quakes. My eyes burn and the small fear I had takes a turn. My eyes on the ground. The forest surrounds us as my sanctuary. Whispering sweet tales as the waves of leaves move on its melody. My pale bland features to his lush green tropical breeze.

Why is it that I feel like we are the only two left on earth, is this destiny's tease?

"Sara, are you okay?" From the ground he places his hand over mine. Smooth honey feelings slip into my palm. The forest's whispers become a gentle song.

"No, and now that I found you, I feel so weird. This is not what I was expecting."

"It's, uh, it's normal. I'll take care of you from now on. You'll be okay, Sara."

"You'll take care of me? Like family?" I breathe. My heart attempts to catapult itself out of my shoulder blades.

"Yeah, you and me." He tries a small smile, and it makes my mind speed a mile. That heart is wandering up and around my back, I think it's trying to escape. Is there something that I lack?

"But, that doesn't make sense. Just like that? Are we the only wolves on this entire earth?" A sad longing feeling wells up inside me. Pouring out those buckets of hopes I dreamed of from this journey.

He laughs. Eyes lit up and hands hitting his knees. He breathes and stares back at me.

"Is it lame that I thought of that pick up fail. You know, where a girl asks a guy out and she says she won't date him even if he's the last guy on earth?"

A small smile hits my lips. I cover my giggle. The vibrations of our laughter mingle with the melody.

"So this is real after all. Not even my dreams are this ridiculous." His eyes twinkle. I grin. I never even knew love until this moment, and it just happened.

My heart nestles into it's place next to my lungs. It seems this revelation was enough.

We grin at each other. Our knees close to our hearts and our heads tilted to the side as if looking at a fine piece of art.

"I can't wait to tell Anna about you. You'll love her. You can join our pack and we can all stay together in the pack house. Alpha Blake will more than welcome you. Trust me, under his tuff exterior he's....he's...more tuff interior, but he'll love you too."

"Anna, Alpha Blake? You have so many friends. Do you think they will really love me and want me to come."

"Yes, and my parents will love you too." He takes my hand again, my resting heart dreams up butterflies and they swoon around my lungs and sway peacefully on my insides. " They'll all love you. I'm sure Anna and you will be best friends."

The butterflies morph into moths. It feels like there is something lost.

"Who is she?" My voice wavers in my mind, but outside it is fine.

"She's my friend, she's our Luna. We...I mean, the pack and anyone in it is under her leadership soon. She's almost our Alpha. Alpha's take care of the pack."

"But, you love her?"

Tyler's eyes sparkle and he frowns. If they sparkle anymore than just dew, I'll most certainly drown.

"As my dearest friend, I love her, but I need to tell you more."

I stand and move closer to the trees. The wind chops my tears into little diamond spears and let's them puncture my cheeks. The darkness surrounds me better.

Tyler positions himself to stand and watches me swipe the blades away. He comes to rest beside the trees.

"Do you want me to tell you everything?" He breathes.

"Please?" I say, the blankets on my heart harshly ripped away. "Being a wolf is hard, but this pack and this Luna and everything is bothering me. You not being the only wolf is bothering me. Tyler, I don't understand."

"Sara, calm down. I'll explain everything. Every pack is full of mates, they come together to make each other stronger."

"Soul mates?"

"Yes, soul mates. The moment you turn into a wolf you can find your mate. Your one and only mate. As soon as you see them you know it's them. You'll want nothing more to be with them until forever."

"But can you really promise me forever, Tyler?"

His eyes lit up.

"So you know then, that we are mates?" He takes my hand. He brushes the drops from my eyes. He rests on his knees in front of me.

"It feels right, like every fairy-tale I've ever known. Like, I guess, like we are supposed to belong?"

"That's mates. That's exactly it." His breathing wavers and I smile at the peace in my soul.

He winces. The sun rays split between the tree leaves and hit his eyes. I put my hand over his eyes.

"Then Tyler, let's go home." I whisper. The soft cotton of my clothes warm slightly with the sun rising around me.

"I don't know about you enough Sara, but I want to promise you something." He takes my hand and we rise. The green grass glints just like his eyes.

The moon disappeared and the sun is shining strong.

"What is it?"

"I want to promise you forever."

I smile, eyes to the floor. He grins hand resting on mine. He pulls the bag of clothes from the ground and we begin our stride.

Home awaits.