At War With Love

Being Picked Up

It took until the next nightfall for the car to arrive.

I spent my last day in my favorite spot. It was high, high in the great oak, higher than any dared to climb other than the children. You could see from miles in every direction, having the view of a soaring bird in the sky. I saw the cars coming way before they arrived at the gate to our compound. My wolf was anxious with excitement, she couldn't wait to find our mate, she had a good feeling about the Greys Pack. I rolled my eyes at her while my stomach rolled with nausea at the anxiety of going somewhere new filed me.

"Elaine, are you up there?" I heard a voice travel up to me. It sounded like Pack-master's wife Lorelei. The sun was setting, and i didn't see the cars anymore, they must have arrived while I was stuck in my thoughts."Pack-master Greys is here and it's time for you to go. Your stuff has already been put in vehicle."

"Sorry Lorelei, I had ment to come down earlier, I'll be right there," I called down to her as I saw through the branches as I climbed down that it was indeed her. I knew she would still be there when I jumped down, and I was glad. I don't want to take this walk alone.
Even though she's an alpha, Lorelei was one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. But, I knew better than to take he kindness as weakness as most do at first. I've seen first hand how she can tear a wold apart before you could blink your eye.

She held an arm out to me and i hooked mine throw it. We started a lazy stroll while she started talking, "I know you're nervous, but you'll be okay. You're tough, no matter what anyone else thinks. I know the current pack-master as well as the one next in line. They'll be good to you; they are good wolves." She patted my arm. Her voice as soothing and just what I needed, it calmed my nerves.

"Thank you," i told her, honestly meaning it. All she did was smile as we walked toward the meeting building.

~~~~~~~~~

It took about 10 minutes to reach our destination. Two big, black SUVs took up the roadway. The meeting building was used for many things like pack meetings, trials, business deals, etc. It was where I first met Lorelei and Drew, the pack-master. Now, I'll be meeting my new Alpha and be on my way to a new home.

"Ah, Lorelei, I see you found her," Drew said, holding out his hand for her to take. As she did, it left me facing everyone. "Elaine, I'd like you to meet Pack-master Greys and one of his sons, Andy. " He motioned to the two unfamiliar men standing in front of him.

A polite smile graced my face as I tilted my head toward them. "Hello, it's nice to meet you."
The man closest to me was more of a boy with lanky arms, messy brown hair, and a boyish face. My eyes met the man next to him would looked in his 40's and was taller than the boy, though not by much.

A gruff voice met my ears as he responded with, "It's nice to meet you as well, Elaine."

"Well, I know you have a long journey ahead," Drew prompted.

"Of course, Father?" Andy picked up.

"Yes, let us go ahead to be on our way," Pack-master Greys stated. "Elaine, after you," He motioned for me to lead the way.

I waved to Drew and Lorelei, "Thank you for your hospitality, I've really appreciated it." A smile graced my face as I thought of the times I've had there.

An answering smile as received from them both, "It was our pleasure."

I turned and walked out the door, leading the wolves back to their cars.

"So, Elaine, are you ready? We have a long ride ahead of us," Pack-master Greys asked as he unlocked the first SUV, the second came alive as the security detail I could see through the windshield turned it on.

"As ready as I ever could be be, Sir," I replied to him dryly in my soft raspy voice.