At War With Love

The Trip

It took about a complete day to reach the compound of the Greys Pack. The ride was filled with business calls, mindless chatter, and sleeping; I slept as much as I could manage. My wolf was having problems being cramped up in the vehicle for so long.
When we were almost there, they let me out to stretch my legs since I was shanking the car with every move I made- I couldn't get comfortable. As soon as my door was open, I exploded into my white wolf, startling Andy and my new Pack-mster. My nose caught drift of prey, and i was off. My footsteps were silent as I creeped on the innocent rabbit. I crouched down and sprang, my jaws crushing the thing, instantly killing it. I chomped on it, having my fill, and went in search of somewhere to drink and relieve myself. After marking a random bush, I pranced around, not being able to find somewhere to drink from. Huffing, I slouched my way back to my Alpha who happened to be talking on the phone. I stretched before i sat in front of him, waiting for him to finish.

"Ah, there she is. Yes, we'll be there as soon as possible," He hung up and gave me his full attention, "Are you going to shift back?" The question was full of amusement, but there was no demand in it.

I shook my wolf head no.

He chuckled, "Okay then," and opened the backseat door so i could clamber in. He shut the door and climbed into the front seat next to Andy as I made my self comfortable in the back. "There has been some sightings, so we need to get off the main roads."

I perked up at the word sightings. 'As in vampires?' my inner girl worried. I growled lowly, only to receive a look from Alpha.

"We try not to fight them without more wolves around. Their covens have increased in size, competing with our numbers. It's dangerous, and we don't want you to be getting hurt," Andy explained, "It would be best if you shifted back and buckled up- it's a nasty ride through the woods."

I huffed but did what was asked of me. Now, back in human form, my wolf whimpered- we didn't want to be in this form. We were more of one being than two; most people are separate, not connecting with their wolf as they should. Unashamed with my nudity, I buckled up and grabbed ahold of the edge of my seat as we bounced and bumped through the trees. The vehicle climbed and ran over things as well. All was silent other than voices emitting from a portable radio that sat in the cup holder up front. Pack-master directed orders through it every now and again. According to what I payed attention to, the home base was on lock down and we were coming from the back way.

I must have fell asleep because as I jerked awake, the first thing I noticed was that I was being carried. I took in a deep breath and instantly recoiled from the disturbing smell of rotten blood. My recoil made it so that I fell and instantly I am on my feet, facing the enemy.

"Oh, look-y here. The little pup has woken up," My enemy snarled.

I growled and partial shifted. My hands turned into claws, my teeth elongated, and my vision turned sharper.

"Looks like someone wants to play," he taunted, shifting into a crouch.

My mouth salivated as i growled once more, anticipating his attack. He crept closer and I fell into a defensive stance. There was a howl and absentmindedly I realized that it wasn't that far away. All of a sudden, I was caught of guard as he launched himself at me, forcing me to use his body weight against him to flip over- I would not let him pin me down.
I took a swipe at him, narrowly missing. He swiped back, but missed as well, we danced in a circle, and even though I should have seen it coming, he backhanded me throwing my body into a tree.
I howled in pain, it really hurt. I could hear thundering paws and a scream through my pain before I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up for the second time, only this time it was in a bed. I was disoriented, but i stumbled up and towards the door. Falling head first, I bumped into something, no, someone. I scrambled back and growled, my wolf breaking through to the surface.

"Hey, now you stop it," an older womanly voice demanded to me.

I smelt the air, expecting to smell something terrible, only to smell something normal, comforting- another wolf. I slowly calmed down, but only slightly. "What happened?" I questioned, raising my eyes to her face.

"You were attacked on your way here, to the Greys compounds. But, thankfully, our patrol found you, even though it was a little late 'cause you were already hurt," She explained, slowly walking closer. "Let's check out your head and your ribs."
I closed my eyes as she helped me up off the floor, a slight pain in my head. Now that the adrenaline faded, the body aches rolled over my skin. The back of my knees hit a chair, and I sat down.
"You've been out for a couple days, so I dressed you in comfortable clothes so that they wouldn't be a bother. As you can feel, you're healing nicely. Now, let's get you some medicine and get you introduced properly to our people! Oh, and a tour, too!" She exclaimed, getting excited the longer she talked.

"What's your name?" I rasped, opening my eyes fully, watching her wonder around the room.

"Oh dear, I must have forgot! I'm Helen, the healer here, in case you didn't notice," she said, shooting me a wink on the last part.
I smiled a small smile, amused.
"Open up and swallow," she ordered, a glass of water in one hand and herbal medicine in the other.
I did as I was told then stretched, wincing slightly at the tenderness of my ribs.
"All I can tell you is to be careful, okay? I'll send the medicine to wherever you may be staying, once it's figured out of course," She started up again, "Now, comeonnn, there's people to meet and places to see!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, questions, suggestions, or corrections?
Let me know :)