At War With Love

What are we going to do?

The walk to Packmaster's office was an awkward one. The two behind me were hung up on each other, while Packmaster radiated anger. I, on the other hand, was stuck in the middle, freaking out. I just found my soulmate, but he's already with a different wolf. 'WTH' Why. Why did this have to happen? What did I do to deserve this? All my life has been devoted to finding him. Where do I go from here?

I stumbled to a stop almost hitting Packmaster as he opened the door to, what I am guessing, is his office. A blast of air conditioning danced over my skin, cooling my, what I didn't realize was hot, body. There was a reception desk, simple and small, out of the way, filled with paperwork and an old dial-up computer. I followed my leader into another office, big and spacious, seeing a huge desk taking up the majority of the room. It was also filled with paperwork and little knickknacks that one receives from their children. The walls were a ark green while the desk, chairs, and floor matched by being a dark brown wood.
"Sit," came the command, and sit I did, in a decent size chair cushioned to oh-so-softness. It was off to the side yet still in front of his massive desk. My feet dangled- the chair dwarfed me. Pack-master sighed and rubbed a hand down his face; You could tell he didn't know where to start.

Victoria growled under her breathe, "Why are we even here? He is MY mate!"

"Victoria, I know he was promised to you, but he's not yours. He is her's, no matter how much I wish it wasn't that way," Pack-master told her gently, ignoring my presence. He succeeded in breaking my heart, I knew that I'd never be welcome here. Not after this.
I tried to hold back my emotion, keeping the straightest, poker face i could muster. My wolf whimpered; Right after finding her mate, all she wanted was to be accepted into her pack.

"Are you joking? He is Mine! I don't get why you are saying other wise!" She yelled, red face. Her wolf was lurking under the surface.

"She's my soulmate," Came a deep, husky voice that called to the deepest core of me. It filled the air with tension, Victoria gasped, looking like she's been slapped in the face.

"What-what does that mean? For us? For the pack? This no good home-wrecker - "

"Now, excuse me. But you need to behave Victoria," Packmaster intervened, no real threat behind it.

My wolf became angry at the two. Ho could these wolfs act like this. Like a child throwing a fit and a parent letting it.

"NO! This home-wrecker is not coming between me being alpha!" She ground out.

I humorlessly laughed, "Honey, you need to shut up and get out. Now. I am done listening to your tantrum."

"What?" She finally looked at me.

I sat up higher in my chair, looking at her as she stood above me, "I didn't stutter. Get out, before I make you."

"I-"

"That's enough, just go. You've done enough damage," that voice rumbled, sending a tremor down my spine. I risked a glance at him for the first time since I first laid eyes on him.
His eyes were on me, and I shuddered as they met.

Victoria sulked away, slamming the door.

My tense muscles relaxed- but only slightly. I was still on guard.

A whistle of breathe escaped the pack-master, "Whew, that was a doozy."

"That's what happens when you put a power hungry wolf in the process of getting what they want then take it away," I said, kicking my feet.

There was a moment of silence only filled with our breathing.
"Well son, this is Elaine. She's our new pack member," The Packmaster said to Him, gesturing towards me.

A chuckle was issued from His chest as he looked towards me once more, "It's a pleasure to meet you m'am," Matthew said eyes crinkling as he smiled.

My heart stopped and I gasped, blinded by the beauty of his smile that radiated happiness. Stumbling over my words I got out, "I-it's, the pleasure is all mine."

A laugh came from the both making me blush and smile as I looked into his eyes. And in that moment I knew that he wanted me back, no matter that we just met, that we had difficulties ahead. My wolf howled in happiness, knowing, one day, we'd have what we've always hoped for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my lovelies for how long this has taken, stuff went down.
But, I'm almost done with the next chapter, so I should have it posted soon!
<3
Also let me know if there's anything that I need to fix, or if you want to be in the story, or any ideas you'd like to see happen!