Status: Now updating a few times a week! <3

A Far Cry From Innocence.

Don't Fall Off The Track.

It had been a couple months of things being somewhat normal. Nathan had moved back with his brother, school was boring, my birthday originally had big plans but I just wanted to spent it with my family. Zacky didn't talk to me much and I kinda avoided him for a most of the time, which kinda hurt but I had to try and make things easier for a while. But something was about to make avoiding me a little more difficult.

"Touring? How long, where are you going?"

Brian grinned, taking a bite from the sandwich I had made. "We will be touring for two months. In the majority of the U.S. and some of Canada." He was clearly vibrating with excitement, hardly able to sit still, so I found it easy to ignore how disgusting his full mouth was.

I giggled and raised a brow. "What do you mean 'we'?" I had gone on tour with them once before, and I wasn't sure it was something I wanted to experience again. Seven people crammed in a van, and only two of them being girls... It wasn't always a pretty sight. Or smell, most importantly. And sleeping was the worst on the nights we couldn't even afford a shitty, sketchy motel.

"I mean the guys, Val, and you! You know you've become almost as famous as us?" He shook his head with a laugh. He was in such a good mood, I didn't think anything could bring him down. And it made it impossible for me to say no to, whether I would be crammed in a stinky van or not.

"Alright, when do we leave? And how am I going to be excused from school for two months?" I tossed a couple chips in my mouth and crunched them loudly while I waited for his answer.

It came quickly and a little too easily, in my opinion, accompanied by a smug smirk. "I talked to your teachers and they're going to give you a copy of the schedule. Then I'm gonna hire a tutor to come with us to teach you. We leave in three days." He took a drink of his water, waiting for my next challenge.

The tutor was unexpected. I was really thinking he'd say he already pulled me out of classes or something, but he was actually being responsible and that was almost alarming. I was impressed. I nodded once, staring at him with a straight face. "So... two months?" My serious expression failed me as I smirked.

He beamed a grin at me and howled in excitement. "Go pack your shit, Hazzy! We're going national!" His eyes sparkled with excitement and he could barely sit still.

x-x-x-x-x

I sat in the living room, half asleep at 7am. I was still in my pajamas and Taz slippers, though we were expected to be leaving soon. The guys had done a show last night and it was clearly a success due to the way my brother's sluggish movement and his whines and groans. "Welcome to Hangover City," I mumbled with a smirk as he winced when he stepped into the light from a curtain I had opened, groaning loudly in protest to what I knew was stabbing pain. "So who's bringing the van?"

Brian held his hands up while he slumped down into a chair. "Shh, don't yell so loud, please..." He rubbed his temples and shut his eyes tightly. "I think Matt is, but it's not a van." He groaned and slowly got up, making his way over to shut the curtain.

Not a van? That could only mean one thing. "Wait, if it's not a van, that means... We have a bus now!?" I grinned when he nodded, wincing against my excited voice. "So that means you're legit now!" He nodded again and the only thing keeping me from celebrating was the pained look on his face.

The relief I felt was amazing. I would have to bitch at whoever was driving to go to a gas station or rest stop so I could pee, I wouldn't have to sleep in the uncomfortable van, I wouldn't have to sit in a confined space with five stinky men. It sounded like heaven, and I was definitely more excited than I had been by tenfold.

It was then I heard the deep, loud honk of what could only be the bus. I jumped up and ran to the window to looked at my future home for the next couple months. It was beautiful; big and black with windows tinted so dark that you couldn't see inside. It was truly a wonder and I wasn't going to have a single complaint about the time until coming home.

"Isn't she beautiful?" My brother looked out the window through his aviators. I had a feeling those wouldn't be coming off much this tour. He sighed a grabbed his backpack, slinging it over his shoulder and grabbing another dufflebag. "You ready or what?" He headed for the door.

I threw a bag over my shoulder and grabbed the other one I had packed, running to catch up with Brian as he walked out the front door. As he was locking it, I looked over the house, a little sad I wouldn't be seeing it or my friends or my parents for two months. It was a little depressing. Thinking about not seeing Nathan for such a long time was especially saddening, but at least I could call and text him. I sighed and linked arms with my brother as we walked toward the bus. It was an exciting moment when we stepped on board and everyone hollered and shouted their hello's, hugging and laughing; the excitement was clear.

"AVI-MONSTER! We're famous!" Jimmy scooped me up in a bear hug and spun in circles, laughing. His face was bright and he seemed really happy. It was so infectious, I couldn't help laughing myself, despite the struggle I was having breathing. "Can you believe this bus?" He dropped me and grinned happily.

Zacky laughed and walked over, hugging me. "Don't be stingy, Sullivan! We all think it's amazing, but I wanna give her a hug too!" He looked at me and smiled, his eyes bright as emeralds. "I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

I chewed on my lip anxiously as I looked at him, waiting for an answer. Having to be in the bus with him for two months was going to be difficult. I forced a smile and nodded, hugging him back half-heartedly. "I've been good, thanks. How about you?"

Some of the happiness faded from his eyes at my formality, but he nodded. "That's good. Oh, I've been great. This is the chance of a lifetime. I'm glad you're here to be a part of it too." He looked at me for a moment and I wondered what he was thinking. "Maybe, someday, Twitch & Gizmo will tour the world." He smiled.

I nodded slowly, wondering how I could continue the awkward encounters, nevermind our side project. I mentally sighed and shook my head. This was definitely going to be awkward...
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, not real proud or excited about this chapter. it's pretty much just a filler, maybe a little development. i have the end written out, though, and a few ideas of events between now and then, so hopefully the next chapter will be better!

thank you to all of my wonderful subscribers! you guys inspire me! thank you to everyone who has commented! i love you!

comment, subscribe, recommend! <3