Status: Now updating a few times a week! <3

A Far Cry From Innocence.

Trashed And Scattered.

Sitting in a circle in a smokey room post-concert, Pantera's Cowboys From Hell playing in the background. Brian was sacked out in a chair, his mouth wide open as he snored loudly; Val was asleep with her head in Matt's lap; and Johnny was chugging a beer while watching some Disney movie on the television.

"Truth or dare?"

The question came to me through the smokey haze. I lolled my head to the side to look at Matt, a joint between his lips. He took a hit and passed it to Roni. I put a finger to my chin as I thought, knowing things would be unpleasant either way. With a sigh, I slurred, "Truth."

Matt pouted in disappointment and thought, watching the joint get passed to Zacky. He smirked appeared on his lips as he looked back at me, "Is this the first time you've smoked weed?"

I took a drink from my beer just before Zacky took a hit from the joint and passed it to me. I shook my head, "Nope. Sophomore year, I was skipping a class and some of the punks were smoking behind the school. They gave me a joint, but I thought it was a cigarette. Learned that lesson real quick." I giggled as I took the joint and took a hit, passing it to back to Jimmy.

Roni shifted as she thought about who to ask the dreaded question. She had been at almost every show since we met her. After about two weeks of following us, Zacky just had her come stay on the bus with us until we went back through her state. "Johnny, truth or dare?" She turned to looked at him with that girlish smile.

The rest of us groaned. "No, he isn't in the circle! You can't ask him," Matt complained, almost scolding the girl. "It's like a circle," he and I quoted from I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry in sync, drawing circles in the air. We looked at each other with wide eyes before busting up laughing.

Roni pouted for a second and looked at Zacky, who just tried to hide his smile. She looked at Matt, "Fine, truth or dare?" She raised a brow, daring him to scold her again.

He looked her up and down, without a doubt sizing up what kind of dare she could give him and if it would even be worth it. "Alright, dare. Give me your best shot."

She smiled, glanced at Val, then looked back up at Matt. "Go out onto the balcony and scream your love for Val." She beamed proudly, obviously thinking she had come up with something clever. I couldn't help rolling my eyes.

Matt scoffed a laugh and shook his head, obviously disappointed by her lack of imagination. He glanced at me before getting up, "Women." He walked over to the sliding door and opened it, stepping into the cool night air. Clearing his throat, he screamed like he did in all his songs, "I fucking love Valary DiBenedetto!" He turned back around and walked back into the room, sliding the door almost all the way shut so the smoke filtered out.

Jimmy reached across and pat Roni on the head as she smiled widely, obviously proud of herself. Again, I couldn't help rolling my eyes. "Nice try, little one." He looked around the circle and wiggled his fingers in the center before pointing to me, "Dare or dare?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes again. "It's truth or dare, you bastard." I laughed anyway, taking another drink, despite already being really drunk, and high. "Since you've given me no other choice, dare." I stuck my tongue out.

Jimmy smirked and looked between Zacky and I. "I dare you to kiss Zacky. No less than ten seconds." He rested his chin on his hand, smirking.

Zacky looked at me with huge eyes then glared at Jimmy. "I told you so you knew what was up, not so you could play match-maker!" He looked ready to strangle The Rev. He looked back at me, "You don't have to do this, Avigaiel."

Jimmy looked ready to protest, but I put my hand up to stop him. "Oh, just shut up, Baker boy." Then I did something I never expected to do: I leaned forward and pressed my lips to Zacky's. He was startled at first, but kissed me back quickly. Whether it was the drugs or the alcohol that influenced me into doing it, I didn't know. All I knew was that it felt like an electric shock shot through my entire body in that moment. I shut my eyes as his hand came up to gently cup the side of my face.

"Alright, love birds! Time's up," Matt announced while Jimmy whooped and hollered, clapping. Zacky lingered for another couple seconds before pulling away, gasping a quiet wow. We looked at each other for a second before we both began to blush deep red. I caught a glance at Roni, her face flushed in jealousy and embarrassment. I could help feeling a little pride and cocky in the moment. Maybe the drugs and alcohol were summoning Hazzard Gates.

x-x-x-x-x

I slowly drifted out of sleep and into consciousness, wondering what time it was. I searched under the blanket to find my phone, but knew it was late morning by the light coming through the curtain of my bunk. Finally finding my cell, I clicked the button to turn it on and read the time. 10:26. I buried my face in the pillow, feeling a nasty hangover from the night before.

"Oh my! Well, goodmorning to you too!" Roni's girly giggle followed along with the loud smack of a kiss.

I rolled my eyes and rolled onto my back, throwing my arm over my eyes to block out some of the light that pierced my eyes like shards of glass. I dropped my arm and my eyes widened as the sounds from the bunk across from me went from innocent kissing to something a like more... disgusting, accompanied by moans. My stomach heaved and I rolled out of my bunk, running for the bathroom as I emptied my stomach.

"Welcome to Hangover City, sis," Brian mumbled, holding my hair out of my face. He yawned loudly and pushed his free hand through his hair. "You were so trashed last night." He snorted a laugh, looking at me groggily. "You were still awake and trashed at 6am this morning when we had our wake up call." He smirked sleepily, eyes half closed, "Do you even remember anything from last night?"

I remembered bits and pieces. Smoking, drinking, hanging out and talking. But most of the night either didn't come to my memory or was too blurry. I didn't even remember wake up call, or how I even got in my bunk on the bus. I reached up to wet my hands in the sink, washing my face and turning around to face my brother; I pulled my knees up to my chest and slowly shook my head. "I really don't remember a lot. What happened?"

Brian raised a brow at me and draped his arms over his knees. He shrugged, yawning. "I passed out, so I don't know all that happened..." He made a face, like he was thinking about something, and he stared at me. "I heard some stories though." Just as Zacky stepped into view, Brian glanced at him for a moment in a suspicious way, "Wanna tell her what happened last night?"

Zacky's face flushed and he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He looked at me for only a second before his eyes fell to the floor. "You really don't remember?" He sounded disappointed and even a little hurt. He watched me shake my head and he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck again. He looked at me sadly and shook his head. "Nothing," he mumbled as he walked away.

Things seemed like they were finally getting back to normal between me and Zacky. What had happened that would bother him so much? What had happened that I couldn't remember?
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe, comment, reccomend! <3