Status: Now updating a few times a week! <3

A Far Cry From Innocence.

It Ain't Over Yet.

"Are you ever going to tell me what's wrong?" Brian asked, smoke billowing out with each word. He stared at me, waiting for a response. "You've been acting weird all week and I'm not letting you play the quiet game anymore. What's up?"

I took a drag on my cigarette and sighed, rubbing my arms to make the goosebumps go away. "It's a lot of shit. I don't really want to talk about it..." I avoided eye contact with him to try and hide the hurt in my eyes, but I knew he wouldn't have to look into my eyes to know something was up.

"Bullshit, Avigaiel. What the fuck is wrong? If you don't tell me now, I'm going to beat the shit out of Zacky until he tells me." He handed me his leather jacket, just shoving it more in my direction when I tried to refuse it.

I sighed, pulling the jacket over my shoulders and enjoying the warmth it gave off. I knew he would talk to Zacky, or at least Jimmy, to see what anybody knew. But could I really tell him? I sighed, looking over to see Zacky and Roni up against the wall of the venue and making out. I couldn't resist the disgusted face I made.

Brian followed my gaze and scoffed a bitter laugh, looking back in my direction and rolling his eyes. "Get a room, Baker," he yelled before looking at me. "I can't believe him... You find out about his long-time love for you and then, what does he do? He starts playing tonsil hockey with the first chick he meets afterwards..." He sighed and shook his head, looking at me sternly, "Now do you understand why I didn't want you to know?"

My eyes fell to the ground and I nodded silently, taking another long drag to put my focus somewhere other than wanting to cry. I dropped the cigarette butt on the ground and used my toe of my shoe to roll it through a puddle before grabbing another cigarette out of the pack in my pants pocket.

"That's another thing... You've never been a chain smoker and you've just lit up your third cigarette in a row." He eyed the cigarette between my lips and the two on the ground then looked back at me, "Tell me what's up. I'm your brother."

I eyed Roni and Zacky again, obviously ignoring what my brother had yelled at them, and I sighed shakily. I looked back at Brian as walked over next to me and leaned back against the bus. I blinked tears away and nodded. "Alright... But you can't get mad. I can handle this by myself. Okay?"

He stared at me blankly for a minute, thinking about what I had said, then nodded slowly and hesitantly. I could see on his face that he already wasn't going to like this and he knew it. "I knew about Zacky but I never told him how I felt."

I put his hand up to stop me and I couldn't help rolling my eyes. I had barely begun and he was already going to give me shit. "Whoa, wait. What is there to tell, Avigaiel Elizabeth?" He almost glared at me as he waited.

"I like him too..." Brian looked ready to say something again, but I cut him off before he had a chance: "I didn't realize until that day I had that panic attack. It was after that when Zacky and I were talking that I realized..." I sighed and flicked the ash off my cigarette before taking a drag. I slowly exhaled the smoke and sighed. "Roni kind of attacked me that morning, leading to the anxiety attack."

I looked over to see the fury take over my brother's expression. He slowly turned his gaze over to Roni and Zacky before he snapped his head back to me, eyes clamped shut and gritting his teeth. "What did she do?" he asked, his jaws still glued together.

I sighed, not really wanting to give him enough detail to make him mad, but I knew that ship had sailed. I took another drag and held the smoke in my lungs until they burned and I nearly choked it out. I coughed a couple times, stalling for time, but I wasn't able to stand the way he was looking at me any longer. "She didn't hit me, she just pushed me and yelled at me and threatened me. She told me to leave Zacky alone because he's hers."

Brian looked conflicted, but quickly choose what side he was on. He grit his teeth and shook his head. He ran a hand over his face and through his hair, breathing deeply. "Alright... Anything else?"'

I nodded slowly. "Zacky talked to me afterward. He asked me about the kiss the night before, then I remembered it... And realized I liked him. But I told him I didn't because, honestly, I'm worried about how she'll react because I never would've expected her to attack me like that." I sighed deeply, "And I don't know what she's capable of, so I don't want to get between her and the one thing she wants." I shrugged, taking another drag.

"Alright. I can understand that." He flicked the ash off his cigarette and took a deep drag. I saw his hands shaking and his jaw was still clenched tightly. I wasn't sure how he hadn't shattered his teeth by now.

Brian was silent for a minute, before he nodded once and walked off toward Roni and Zacky. I took the last drag off my cigarette and threw the remains in a puddle before going after him. He ripped Roni off Zacky and threw her a good six feet back. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" he spat, stomping toward her.

Roni's eyes were wide and she stumbled back, looking completely shocked by what was happened. "What are you talking about Synyster?" she squeaked.

"Hey, Brian, what the fuck, man!?" Zacky jumped in between Roni and my brother, putting his hand on Brian's chest to stop him. "What the fuck's gotten into you?"

Brian glared hard at him and ripped his hand off. "Why don't you ask your fucking girlfriend what happened between her and Avi the night after your crazy party?" He push Zacky out of the way pulled Roni off him as she cowered behind him. "You crazy bitch, I'm glad you fucking leave tomorrow. If you lay a finger on my sister ever again, you can forget fighting her for Zacky, because I will fucking kill you." He glared at the girl for a minute as she shook with fear, then he stormed off for the bus.

Zacky ran to catch up with him and grabbed his shoulder, flipping him around, "Bri, what the fuck is going on!?"

My brother shot a glare at Zacky and jabbed him in the chest, "Your little girlfriend threatened me sister to stay away from you." He looked at me as I slowly walked over, and he put his arm around me securely. "No one messes with my little sister, that's my job. If anyone ever tries to do anything to her, I'll snap their neck," he barked, glaring at Roni as she stood back where Brian had left her, clearly still stunned. "Clearly, you've downgraded your choice in women." He looked down at me, his expression softening a little, "Come on, Avigaiel."

We walked to the bus and I glanced back at Zacky, the confliction and confusion written on his face was all too clear. I hoped he believe my brother and tomorrow would be the last day we would ever see Roni.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm sorry for taking so long to post this. I've been having some internet problems that were fixed only last night. Between that and trying to get ahead in another fanfic, I kind of put this one on hold for a couple days. I'm going to try to get ahead in this one now, too, though!

Please remember to comment, subscribe, and recommend! It helps and I truly appreciate it! <3