Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Ten

“Good morning good people of Britain and the whole world!” Nick grinned and I laughed, “I am joined for the whole week by the ever beautiful Blair Styles!”

“Hello.” I grinned into the microphone, “aww Grimmy I didn’t know you thought I was beautiful.”

“Course I do.” He chuckled, “I think it’s the hair.”

“We Styles are known for our good hair.” I laughed and he grinned.

We started playing another song as I nursed my third cup of tea of the day already. I forgot how much fun Nick and I had last time I was on the radio, my phone was buzzing with pictures of Darcy staring at the radio. I showed Nick who was laughing at how many pictures Harry was sending me, keeping me up to date with exactly what the pair were doing before he dropped her off at nursery.

“So Finchy always gets so excited when you come in Blair.” Nick grinned as Matt rolled his eyes.

“I like Blair, she’s lovely.” He nodded and Nick smirked.

“He squealed like a right fan girl when I told him you’d be in for the week.” Nick told me and I giggled, “thinks your right one direction royalty now you’re all married and stuff.”

“He’s exaggerating.” Matt told me and laughed softly.

“I’m not!” Nick gasped, “anyway, we decided that as even though we love you nobody really knows much about you.”

“Nobody?” I laughed and he grinned.

“Alright, I do. But we’re best buddies.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Why do I feel like I’m about to be interrogated?” I asked and he cackled.

“It was Nick’s idea.” Matt sighed dramatically.

“Course it was.” I rolled my eyes, “alright, go on then.”

“We need some callers!” Nick grinned, “so if you have an itching question for Blair get in contact. Is anything off limits?”

“Nah.” I shrugged, “I’ll answer whatever.”

“Blair has no boundaries.” Nick chuckled, “so take advantage of it!”

“Alright well here is another song.” I shook my head laughing.

The phones started ringing and I shook my head as Nick grinned happily at me. My phone buzzed and I picked it up to see a text from Louis.

Can I ring in and find out if we can hang out today?

You're hanging out with Haz today right? I'll see you for sure laterz babes ;) I miss your beautiful hair.

“Alright first caller.” Nick grinned at me and I smiled, “hello Aimee.”

“Hello Nick, hello Blair” the girl’s voice was really soft.

“Hello Aimee.” I smiled, “how are you today?”

“Really good, I’m just going into school.” She told me

“Really? I used to hate school.” I screwed my face up as she giggled, “I always forgot to do my homework.”

“So do I!” she giggled and Nick laughed.

“Do you have a question for Blair then?” he asked and I bit my lip.

“What was the last one direction song you sang?” she asked and I laughed.

“I actually sang I would last night.” I looked at Nick who laughed, “with Gimmy here.”

“It was a beautiful rendition.” Nick chuckled, “dancing round the kitchen singing it loudly as young Harold looked like he wanted to die.”

“We like to embarrass him.” I grinned.

“It’s our favourite thing ever.” Nick laughed, “what about you Aimee? What was the last one you sang?”

“What makes you beautiful.” She giggled.

“Such a classic.” I nodded.

“Blair? Can you tell Harry I love him?” she asked and I smiled.

“Course I can sweetheart.” I bit my lip, “he’s listening though so you’ve just done it yourself.”

She giggled embarrassed and Nick grinned at me.

“Alright it was nice talking to you love!” he cut her off and clicked on a new caller, “hello Madison!”

“Hey Nick! Hey Blair!” she was really cheerful.

“Hello Madison!” I spun the cup of tea around in my hands, “how are you?”

“I’m alright.” She told me, “my question is what does Harry’s breath smell like in the morning?”

I burst out laughing and nearly fell off my chair. Nick was in much the same situation as I was and the whole studio was laughing loudly.

“Well that is a question I’ve never been asked before,” I choked out between laughs.

“That is a very unique question.” Nick nodded still laughing, “so Blair, answer?”

“Oh right.” I bit my lip screwing up my face, “god. I don’t know.”

“You wake up to him every morning!” Nick laughed, “what does it smell like?”

“Like breath?” I gave him a confused look, “warm? Can breath smell warm? I don’t know, he just smells like Harry.”

“Is that alright Madison?” Nick asked.

“Sure!” she giggled and said goodbye before hanging up.

“I like questions like that.” Nick said and I laughed, “like when Harry was asked how long his longest toenail was.”

“It’s time for the news.” Matt told Nick who groaned.

“Alright Finchy, we’ll have some more callers in a bit.” Nick rolled his eyes, “always spoiling the fun. Anyway over to Tina for the news!”

As the news started my phone started buzzing and I looked down to see Harry’s name flashing.

“Is that Harold?” Nick asked and I nodded.

“Hello.” I grinned as I answered it.

“Put him on loudspeaker!” Nick told me and I nodded.

“You’re on loudspeaker.” I told him.

“I love how you had to tell him, what would you have said that we couldn’t hear?” Nick asked and Harry laughed.

“You know you don’t want to know the answer to that Grimmy.” Harry told him as Nick laughed, “My breath though guys?”

“Don’t.” I laughed, “I almost wet myself.”

“It was a beautiful moment for the breakfast show.” Nick grinned and I rolled my eyes, “how is my favourite little Styles?”

“I hope you’re referring to our daughter and not Harry’s penis.” I retorted and Nick burst out laughing.

“Heyyyyy.” Harry groaned, “don’t imply it’s little when it’s not.”

“Sorry babe.” I laughed as Harry huffed.

“Darcy is fine though, just dropped her off at nursery.” Harry said happily.

“Did you get hit on?” I asked and Harry chuckled as Nick looked at my curiously.

“Nah, I was quick. I dropped her off with a kiss on the forehead and a cuddle before legging it out of there.” He laughed.

“What?” Nick looked confused.

“This old teacher at Darcy’s nursery keeps hitting on him.” I laughed and Harry sighed.

“It’s not funny! It’s really awkward.” He groaned.

“I’ve got to go, the songs are almost over.” I told him.

“Alright, ring me when you can yea? We can get lunch or something.” Harry suggested happily, “love you beautiful.”

“Love you too,” Nick grinned and I laughed,

“Love you too Haz.” I hung up as the song stopped.

“Alright we are back interrogating Blair after that Union J song,” Nick started, “I have a question, can I ask you something Blair?”

“No.” I shook my head.

“Hey! That’s not very fair! Why not?” he asked and I giggled.

“Cause it’s probably mean or something inappropriate.” I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

“It’s breakfast radio how bad could it be?” he grinned as I sighed dramatically.

“Fine, go ahead.” I nodded.

“Union J.” he started, “that George Shelley that looks like Harry, ever maybe seen him out and mistaken him for your beautiful better half?”

“No.” I shook my head.

“What? Not even when you’re at one of those fancy parties and you come back from like the loo or something and see him from behind so go over and like cop a sneaky feel only for it to be him instead?” he asked and I laughed.

“No, I can’t say I have.” I told him.

“You should, it’d be the perfect cover up!” Nick laughed, “you could just be like ‘you both look so similar!’ and Harry couldn’t be mad cause well they are like twins and George would probably enjoy it. What with you being voted the number one something for that Nuts magazine the other day. You’d all be winners.”

“Except Harry.” I shook my head grinning at how ridiculous this conversation was, “how’s he won?”

“He hasn’t but you’d have touched up a member of Union J.” Nick grinned.

“You just want this to happen so I can tell you all about it.” I rolled my eyes as Nick laughed.

The rest of the show carried on in much of the same way with Nick asking ridiculous questions as well as answering some funny questions from fans. It was all quite jovial until the final call.

“Hi.” The girl’s voice was really soft.

“Hello, you’re Anna right?” I asked.

“Yea. I am.” She sounded nervous, Nick looked at me and I shrugged.

“Do you have a question love?” I asked.

“I do. When you were at school…did you ever feel like maybe you weren’t…good enough? Like did people ever pick on you?” she asked and I bit my lip.

“I can’t say I was ever picked on at school but a few years back reading about myself in the press made me question myself a lot. It made me feel really insecure about myself, it made me question who I was and what I was doing.” I glanced at Nick to check what I was saying was okay, he waved me on, “I didn’t feel good enough then.”

“What about now?” she asked hesitantly.

“I’ve learnt that people are always going to say negative things. Somebody is always going to have horrible things to say about the clothes you wear or the music you listen to or even really stupid things like the way you laugh.” I recalled things that I had read about myself, “but then there are people out there who will love you for those reasons to. It’s really hard when you’re young and people tell you that it gets better. That someone out there will love you for all the things you hate about yourself but when you grow up you learn to accept those things. What I guess I’m trying to say is that the people who put you down aren’t the people you should bother yourself with. You should just keep around the people who care about you, the ones that make you feel alive and focus on loving yourself. Even if you only have one person that does that for you, that one person will know the real you and I promise you that the real you is beautiful.”

“Harry’s a lucky guy.” She told me and I laughed softly, “I’ve always been a huge fan of yours Blair and what you just said is the reason why. You’re so honest and beautiful on the inside as well as outside.”

“Thank you Anna,” I smiled softly, “I hope school gets better for you, tweet me and let me know how your day goes.”

“I will.” She promised happily.

“Have a good day Anna, bye!” Nick said happily before cutting the line, “and here are some more beautiful tunes to round out the show with. I’ve been Nick Grimshaw with the wonderful Blair Styles on the radio 1 breakfast show. Next up is the gorgeous Sarah Cox.”

“Wow.” I leant back in my chair as the music started, “that was intense.”

“You handled that really well.” Nick grinned as we stood up and walked out the studio, “it was good advice.”

“I felt like I was waffling.” I admitted and he laughed shaking his head.

“You weren’t.” He assured me, “it was wonderful. Now you best ring that husband of yours, I have to go off and work on material for the show. I don’t just make it up on the show you know!”

He dropped a kiss on my cheek as I waved him off. I grabbed my jacket from the cloakroom and checked my make up before popping my cute black hat on my head as I dialled Harry's number.

“I’m just leaving now, do you want to meet at the White Horse?” I asked as he answered.

“Yeahuh,” he sounded distracted.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I walked onto the street and hailed a taxi.

“Playing fifa with Louis.” He told me, “he’s coming as well.”

“Alright,” I nodded, “you two better be there when I get there. It’s literally a five minute stroll from our house.”

“Yea yea, we’ll be there.” Harry groaned as I heard Louis yell out in the background, “got to go bye!”

I rolled my eyes as he hung up before dropping my phone in my bag. I finally got into a taxi and asked to go to the White Horse.

“You’re Blair Styles right?” the driver asked.

“I am.” I nodded shifting awkwardly in the seat.

“You married that kid in one direction right?” he checked and I nodded, “my daughter is a huge fan of yours.”

“Is she?” I gave him a warm smile, “that’s lovely.”

After the entire taxi ride being filled with questions that ‘his daughter’ wanted to know the answer to I got the distinct impression it was him who was the fan. I scribbled a made up autograph on the back of a receipt he had in the front of his car before getting out. I say made up because I don’t really have an autograph, it changes everytime I sign anything. I repositioned my hat before walking into the pub, I walked straight up to the bar and ordered a glass of rose wine before checking the boys weren’t inside. I walked into the beer garden and spotted the pair in the corner as Harry laughed loudly. He was wearing a pair of black raybans with a soft blue t shirt that he’d rolled the sleeves up at the edges and I could make out a pair of white skinny jeans. I weaved through the tables and placed my glass next to Harry, dropping my bag on the bench and leant to press a kiss on Louis cheek. He was in a red and white striped tshirt with a pair of jeans that he’d rolled up at the ankles. My aviators hit the side of his as we kissed and I giggled before sitting next to Harry who wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed a kiss to the edge of my mouth.

“So who won?” I asked and Harry huffed causing me to laugh, “oh babe, it’s the taking part that counts.”

“That’s such a mum line.” Louis chuckled and I grinned.

“Just practicing, if Darce takes after me she is going to always be losing at sports day.” I shrugged.

“She might take after me.” Harry smiled hopefully.

“You just lost at fifa, let’s hope not.” I grinned as Harry pouted.

“So how was the radio show?” Louis asked taking a sip of his beer.

“Good, this girl rang up. She was being bullied at school.” I spun my glass around, “she wanted to know if I’d ever felt not good enough.”

“What did you say?” he asked curiously.

“Told her the truth.” I shrugged, “I don’t know. It was sad. I hate thinking about people putting other people down, some people just really suck you know?”

“Speaking of people sucking.” Harry bit his lip, “are you going to try and speak to your mum again?”

“What?” Louis almost choked on his beer.

“Yea,” I played with my wedding ring nervously. “I’m going to meet up and talk to her. Would you look after Darcy when I do? I kind of need Harry there.”

“Course.” Louis nodded, “you really feel up to it though?”

“I guess.” I shrugged, “when you met your Dad…”

“That was different.” Louis shook his head, “I didn’t really have a choice, he just showed up.”

“So did she.” I took a sip of my drink, “you gave him a chance though Lou.”

“I know.” He nodded, “I just…I love you B. I’ll support you whatever, you know that.”

“Course I do.” I gave him a smile, “cause you’re the brother I never had.”

“Can I get you any food?” a girl asked.

She was pretty with her cute summer dress on and wavy brown hair. I looked to see Harry checking her out, I stepped on his foot and he grinned at me knowing he’d been caught. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I giggled lightly and he pulled me closer placing a kiss on my shoulder where my top has slid down as Louis ordered his lunch.

“I’ll have the chicken burger with no mayo please.” I smiled at her, “can I also get a glass of pimms please?”

“Can you make that a jug?” Louis asked as he finished his beer off, “might as well.”

I laughed softly and nodded. Harry played with the bottom of my tshirt.

“Can I get you anything?” she asked Harry cocking her head to the side and batting her lashes at him, I rolled my eyes at Louis who laughed softly.

“Can I just get a normal hamburger with no mayo please?” he smiled.

“Anything else?” she asked pouting her lips slightly.

“Nope” he smiled, “that’s all.”

“Well if you need anything else.” She leant over and took the menu from the table in front of Harry giving him a full view of her chest, “just let me know.”

“Sure.” He nodded awkwardly and I laughed.

“So that was awkward.” Louis chuckled and I shrugged.

“I guess I shouldn’t have married someone so beautiful huh?” I pressed my lips to Harry’s quickly.

“I walked in on B getting chatted up in here the other day.” Harry finished his beer, “we’re just pretty hot people.”

“Way to be modest Haz.” Louis laughed and Harry grinned.

“When you got it flaunt it babe.” Harry winked and I let out a loud laugh that caused people to look over at us.

“Sorry.” I apologized as Louis and Harry laughed at me.

“You’re funny.” Harry grinned and I rolled my eyes at him.

“You ordered a burger with no mayo so we could go halves right?” I asked and Harry nodded.

“Yep.” He checked his phone quickly and typed a response back to whoever text him, “that’s cool yea?”

“Course.” I nodded and Louis gave me a weird look, “what?”

“You two have been married too long.” He shook his head, “you order with the intention on going halves.”

“Sometimes I want chicken and beef burgers, I can never decide which one I want.” I defended, “Harry’s the same and this way we get what we want.”

“You’re both scary similar.” Louis shuddered and Harry laughed.

“We’re not scary similar Lou, we’re married.” He shrugged, “what’s mine is hers and what’s hers is definitely mine.”

He eyed my boobs and I laughed shaking my head before crossing my arms over my chest.

“Eyes up Styles.” I rolled my eyes at him and he grinned cheekily at me.

xxxx


“Come here.” He held his hands out and I took them walking towards him, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I pressed my lips to his gently.

“So what was that in your hand?” he asked wrapping his arms around my waist and holding me close to him.

“My mum dropped off her card in our letter box.” I told him and he nodded.

“Are you going to ring her then?” he asked and I bit my lip, “I’ll be right here if you want to do it now?”

“Maybe.” I rested my forehead against his and he licked his bottom lip, “maybe I just want to be with you though.”

He cocked his eyebrow at me and I leant down and kissed him softly, I could still taste the pimms from lunch on his lips and I pulled him closer.

“This is a lovely distraction but you should just do it now.” He mumbled into my lips pulling away from the kiss.

“Harry,” I whined and he chuckled.

“Darcy is having a nap, I am right here and you are holding her card. Now seems like as good a time as any.” He grinned and I pouted before sighing.

“Fine.” I picked the phone up from the cradle next to us and punched in the digits on the card, “here goes nothing.”

“I’m right here.” He whispered kissed my cheek and resting his head on my shoulder holding me flush against his chest in between his legs.

“Hello?” A female voice answered, it was my mum.

“Hey,” I bit my lip, “it’s Blair.”

“Blair?” she sounded surprised.

“Yea, I hope it’s okay I rang only I found the card and thought maybe…” I trailed off laughed awkwardly.

“Of course it’s okay you rang, its better than okay actually it’s…perfect. How are you Blair?” she asked and I clenched my eyes shut as she attempted to engage in pleasantries with me.

“Do you think maybe you’d want to come over at some point? We could have a chat or something?” I asked and Harry squeezed me in reassurance.

“Come to yours?” she asked

“If that’s okay?” I asked, “it just gets a bit awkward out in public sometimes and this isn’t really something I want put online and I get if you’d feel uncomfortable. Harry would be here, but he won’t necessarily be around around like he’s give us some space. I’m sorry, I really don’t know what I’m saying. Sometimes I just ramble…”

“B.” Harry pressed a kiss to my neck, I let out a shakey breath.

“Sorry.” I bit my lip and she laughed softly.

“Of course coming to your house is okay.” She told me softly, “when were you thinking?”

“I’m on radio one at the moment.” I bit my lip, “so would about 1 – 1:30 be okay? Just so I have time to get home and change and stuff.”

“Tomorrow?” she asked and I nibbled at my lip.

“Um, one sec.” I placed my hand over the mouthpiece to whisper to Harry, “tomorrow?”

“It’s fine with me and Louis should be fine to look after Darcy.” He nodded.

Darcy didn’t have nursery tomorrow but as long as Louis could have her seeing my mum tomorrow seemed like it would work and it would just mean I’d have less time to freak out over it.

“Tomorrow is good for me if it’s okay for you?” I checked.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Blair.” She said happily.

“Alright, bye.” I said awkwardly.

“Bye Blair.” She hung up and I ended the call on my end before nuzzling into Harry’s neck.

“You did good baby.” He rubbed my back softly.

“I hope I’ve made the right decision.” I mumbled into his neck.

He didn’t say anything as he pressed soft kisses along my shoulder before I lifted my head and pressed my lips to his. It was a tender kiss and it was like Harry was assuring me of how much he loved me in the kiss. It made me feel warm and relaxed. No matter what happened with my mum Harry was my home and he wasn’t going anywhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...this wasn't quite how I expected it to be but I'm going with it.

I love writing her on the radio with Nick. I listen to him every morning so I hope it sounds realistic as I try and imagine him saying some of the things in my head. Sorry, rambling.

Okay so I have posted a one shot of Niall and Jenny if you fancy reading how they ended up together you can here.

I am currently in the process of writing another Harry story and can't decide it I should write it in the third person or not. How do you guys feel about third person stories? Do you prefer first person?

If you fancy following me on tumblr please do! Yay!

Also can I just take a second to thank ViralStorm for mentioning me in her mibbian of the week interview! It meant the world to me! So thank you so much!

Also thank you to everyone who is reading this and commenting...you have no idea how happy it makes me.

Peace.Love.ThisWasALongAuthor'sNoteSorry!

P.S I found this gif and thought it was really Harry and Blair.

Image