Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Eleven

“B?” Harry asked as I put a saucepan away.

“Yep?” I looked over at him as he fed Darcy.

“Have you told your Dad about seeing her?” He asked and I pursed my lips together.

“No.” I shook my head and turned back to the dishes I was putting away.

“Don’t you think you should?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Why should I?” I turned around and put my hands on my hips, “last time I told him something he hit the roof.”

“You guys cleared the air,” Harry sighed stroking Darcy’s back as she coughed.

“That doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten about it.” I felt my jaw tighten at the memory of it.

3 months pregnant

“Champagne?” the waiter asked.

“No thank you,” I smiled at him, “can I just get an orange juice please?”

“Why are you not drinking?” My dad looked confused as he sipped at the champagne he had in front of him.

“I’m just not.” I gave him a small smile before looking down at the menu, “so how have you been?”

“Good,” he nodded, “lot’s of work so that’s always good, how about you?”

“I’m alright.” I nodded, “better than alright actually. I’m really happy.”

“Really?” he sighed, “I’m pleased. I worry about you two you know?”

“Why?” I looked up and he shrugged.

“You’re both very opinionated.” He chuckled, “you both have a fire in your eyes.”

“I love that about Harry,” I admitted, “I love that he’ll fight for what he wants.”

“As long as he’s always fighting for you, I’m happy.” My dad chuckled, “so how is Louis?”

“Good,” I beamed, “finally asked Eleanor to marry him!”

“I take it she said yes by your reaction.” My Dad chuckled as I grinned.

“Course she did! They are two of the most perfect people ever!” I bit my lip, “I’m so glad he’s happy.”

“So am I.” He admitted, “Louis has always been so good for you.”

I smiled and we both ordered when the waiter came over. We were at the Dorcester and I hated it, I hated that I had had to get all dressed up when I had spent most of the morning with my head down the toilet throwing my guts up. My loose fitting dress made me feel fat no matter how many times Harry assured me that I looked beautiful, he couldn’t say anything else though; it was half his fault why I was getting fat in the first place. I huffed to myself as I pushed my hair off my face, my dad was explaining a restaurant he’d been to whilst he was in Barbados the other week that he thought Harry and I would love it. I nodded along and tried to concentrate on what he was saying but I was distracted by the fact I knew I had to tell him I was pregnant today. My food arrived and I pushed it around my plate eating about half of it.

“You’ve barely touched your food.” My dad observed and I bit my lip.

“Sorry, I’m not really that hungry.” I admitted and he nodded.

“Is everything alright Blair?” he asked and I nodded.

“Course it is,” I gave him a soft smile and he raised an eyebrow, “do you think we could get the bill? Harry will be here in a bit and we said we’d have a drink with him and catch up. Maybe up in your room? These chairs are so uncomfortable.”

“Sure.” He nodded looking at me curiously.

He called the waiter over and had him but the bill on his hotel tab, I followed my Dad out the restaurant and looked around when we got to the lobby. Harry walked in sweeping his hair off his face, he was in a navy blazer with a white shirt under it and a pair of skinny jeans with boots. He looked flawless and I had never felt so dumpy stood next to him as he pulled me into a hug as if he hadn’t only seen me two hours ago.

“I love you.” He whispered in my hair and I smiled as he pulled away, “John.”

“Harry,” My Dad nodded and the two men looked at each other before awkwardly laughing, “shall we?”

“Course.” I smiled lacing my hand through Harry’s.

We all got in the lift and Harry told us about some fans that had stopped him as he was walking in. My Dad was laughing at his story before walking out the lift, I tugged at Harry’s hand before leaning up and kissing him softly.

“Whatever happens, I love you.” I mumbled into his lips and he chuckled.

“We’re married Blair, it’s not like we’re 16 and I knocked you up in the back of some car whilst we had a quickie before your curfew.” Harry rolled his eyes and I laughed.

“You really need to stop watching the teen drama section on netflix.” I told him and he grinned.

“Shut up.” He shook his head, “let’s go tell your Dad all about our little munchkin.”

I put on my hand on my stomach stroking it softly as I thought about how much I already loved the little life that was growing inside of me. I followed Harry through the door and into the lounge of my Dad’s suite. We sat down and my Dad started asking Harry about the record he was working on at the moment. I kept shifting awkwardly and sipping at my water.

“Dad.” I sighed finally, “we have something to tell you.”

“Is this why you’ve been unable to sit still since we got here?” He asked and I bit my lip, “what is it Blair?”

“Harry and I are really happy about it okay?” I told him and he looked confused, Harry laced his fingers through mine and gave me a reassuring smile, “I’m pregnant.”

“What?” My Dad blinked his voice was monotone, “you’re what?”

“I’m pregnant Dad.” I smiled at him trying to show him how it was good news.

“No.” he shook his head standing up and running a hand through his hair, “you’re not. This is just some really fucking bad dream.”

“What?” I stood up my eyebrows furrowed together, “how are you not happy for us right now?”

“You’re 24 for christ’s sake!” My Dad roared, “you should be travelling, making mistakes and growing up not having a fucking child Blair!”

“I’ve travelled the whole fucking world, I’ve made more mistakes that I could ever recall and I grew up the moment you ran away and left me after mum did the exact same thing.” I snapped at him.

“Blair,” Harry’s voice was low, “please try and keep calm.”

“Calm has never been one of Blair’s strong points.” My Dad narrowed his eyes at me and I glared at him.

“Being understanding has never been one of my Dad’s strong points.” I spat back at him and he shook his head.

“Blair.” He said in a warning tone.

“Oh sorry? Was that not fair? How about how being happy for me isn’t exactly one of your strong points either?” I asked and he shook his head.

“This baby is a mistake.” He told us, “you’re both going to regret it and wish you had waited until you had both grown up a bit. Or at least until Harry, you weren’t on tour all the time.”

“You’re one to fucking talk about not being around.” My jaw clenched and Harry rubbed his thumb across the back of my hand softly.

“John, this might not be something you ever envisioned for Blair at the age she is but right now in there is your granddaughter or grandson.” Harry put his hand over my stomach, “right now Blair is growing the most amazing little person ever and I can not wait to them. We’re married so we don’t really need your blessing on this but we really do want it when you feel like you can give it to us.”

“This is going to be the biggest mistake you two ever make.” My Dad told us, “mark my words, this is going to be what breaks you two apart.”

“Well, that is your opinion and I’m sorry you feel like that.” Harry started walking towards the door tugging me along with him.

I ducked my head down as I passed my Dad, I felt the tears start to fall down my face and I sniffed before wiping them away. Harry closed the door after me and pushed me against the wall wiping the tears off my face with the pads of his thumbs.

“B, Blair.” He rested his forehead against mine, “look at me.”

I didn’t look at him as I kept my eyes closed crying silently as my Dad’s words echoed around my head.

“Baby please just look at me.” He begged and I bit my lip shaking my head.

I felt him drop down on his knees and I opened my eyes to see him with his hands on my belly.

“Blair all that matters is our little munchkin in here.” He promised me, “just the three of us yea?”

“He thinks we’re making a mistake.” I choked out and he shook his head a line appeared between his eyebrows as he looked up at me with concern written all over his face.

“Munchkin is anything but a mistake B.” He gave me a small smile before kissing my stomach quickly, “I have so much love for this little one already, I don’t even know how to explain it to you and I know we’re not making a mistake. Munchkin is the best thing that's ever happened to us and we're only going to be better after having him or her, I promise. We’re a family Blair, you’re Dad will come round in time but until then…we just be.”

“I love our munchkin.” I put my hands over his, “so much Harry.”

“I know.” He nodded before standing up and wrapping his arms around me, “I love you two, my two special people and I promise you this is all going to be okay.”

“I love you.” I mumbled into his shirt as I cuddled him.

We eventually made it to the lift and I rested my head on his shoulder as he rubbed small circles on my back before placing a kiss on my head.

“How much do you want to bed mum nearly passes out with excitement?” Harry asked and I giggled.

“I’m so excited about telling her,” I looked up at him, “I was nervous about telling Dad but telling your mum just fills me with excitement. She’s going to be so happy.”

“We just need to go home and change,” he took my hand in his as we walked out the lift, “our bags are in the boot of the car already but I bet you can’t wait to get that dress off.”

“I hate it, remind me to burn it.” I muttered and he laughed.

“I think you look beautiful.” He told me and I rolled my eyes.

“You’re such a liar Styles.” I shook my head as he laughed.

“I’m not, your hormones are just messing with your head.” He said as we got in the car.

“Don’t talk about my hormones.” I pursed my lips, “I’m tired, I spent all morning with my head down the toilet and my boobs really fucking hurt.”

“Be nicer to your mummy.” Harry rubbed my belly and I laughed.

Present day

“I’ll tell him after I’ve seen her.” I promised before picking Darcy up, “let’s go put you to bed munchkin.”

“Munchkin!” Darcy giggled and I smiled kissing her head.

“You coming?” I asked and Harry nodded.

We walked up the stairs and laid her into her bed tucking her in.

“Night night Darcy.” Harry kissed her head and she shook her head.

“No night night.” She told us and I laughed.

“Yes, it’s time for bed baby.” I stroked her hair.

“No.” She pouted.

“Do want us to sing you to sleep?” Harry asked and she shook her head.

“No night night.” She huffed before climbing out from under her covers.

“Oh no you don’t munchkin,” Harry picked her up and tucked her in again.

“No no no!” she whined pulling the covers off her again.

“Darcy please.” I tucked her back in and stroked her head, “it’s time for sleep.”

She shook her head before climbing out of bed again, Harry groaned picking her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Let’s just hope she’s this hard to get into bed when she’s a teenager.” I chuckled and Harry glared.

“Don’t.” his jaw tightened, “the amount of nights I have laid awake worrying about her growing up.”

“She can’t be as bad as we were.” I shrugged and he groaned.

“She is us in one person.” He said, “she is literally double the trouble.”

“Maybe we should build her a tower like in rapunzel.” I suggested joking.

“Do you rekon it would work?” he asked and then laughed, “oh, you were kidding.”

“I was.” I laughed prizing her off of him and back into bed, “come on baby, sleep time.”

“No,” Darcy yawned and I smiled.

“How about mummy and daddy sing you a little song until you sleep?” I suggested stroking her hair as her eyes druped.

“Okay.” She nodded and I looked at Harry who was also stroking Darcy’s hair, he nodded.

“There’s a girl who could never belong to an age that’s so unkind. She can take the weight of the world and lay it easy on my mind. A little flame in the coldest of winters. For me, well, that’s enough.” Harry sung softly and I smiled as I sung with him. Our first dance song, the song we’d listened to so many times when we were dating and the song that had become Darcy’s lullabye, “and if you ask me why do I love her? I’d say, ‘tell me now, what’s not to love?”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter wasn't that full of action but I thought it was important for you to know about her Dad and what was going on with him.

You're comments mean the world to me so thank you for leaving them! I read them all about 10 times...that's not even me exaggerating.

So yea, check out my Niall one shot for him and Jenny...thinking of maybe doing one for Lou and Eleanor...not sure yet maybe later to better explain what's happening with them.

Peace.Love.IShouldBeDoingHousework.

Follow me on tumblr it'll make me ridiculously happy, maybe say hello as well? I'd love to get to know people a bit better :)