Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Sixteen

“It’s so beautiful.” I grinned as Gemma nodded.

“I think it’s definitely going to go in the lounge,” she smiled, “with some beautiful flowers and pictures…it’ll be perfect.”

“It will be.” I smiled as my phone buzzed, “it’s Louis.”

I bit my lip reading over the message.

“What does he want?” Gemma asked and I sighed.

“To see me,” I shrugged, “but I’m out with you so he’ll just have to wait.”

“No,” she shook her head, “I’ll go to the last two shops on my own then head back to the house. Go see Louis.”

“I don’t know.” I bit my lip and she chuckled.

“You’ll feel better.” She put her hand on my arm and I sighed before dialing Louis’s number.

“Hey Louis,” I smiled as he answered the phone.

“Hey B.” He sounded relatively happy, “what’s up?”

“I can hang out now if you can.” I told him.

“Sure, I’m home if you want to come over here?” he suggested.

“Sure,” I nodded even though he couldn’t see me, “I’ll be there in a few.”

I dropped the phone back into my bag and pulled out the keys to my mini, I bit my lip and looked at Gemma who shook her head with a smile.

“I’m fine Blair, I promise.” She pulled me into a hug, “everything with Louis will be fine as well.”

“I hope so.” I hugged her back before walking back to the car.

I hummed as I walked along the pavement with my head down in the hopes of going unnoticed, I had spotted a few cameras earlier and wasn’t particularly in the mood to be bothered. I eventually got into my car and it made me feel better instantly, I very rarely got to drive my vintage cream mini now that we had Darcy so when I did it always made me happy. The drive to Louis’s house wasn’t too far and it felt like all too soon I was parking next to the red brick building that I had always thought felt too normal for Louis but then he did have a bush shaped like a squirrel on his front lawn so I guess it wasn’t completely normal. I knocked on the door and Louis appeared moments later with a small smile on his face. I followed him in and we made our way up to his den on the top floor. Eleanor hadn’t had any input into this room and it was by far my favourite in their house because it just felt like Louis. There were pictures on the walls of the boys on tour, pictures of us growing up and loads of random bits of memorabilia that he had collected over the years. The walls were all white apart from one that had red stripes across it, I walked in and dropped my bag and fell onto the sofa that was one of those sofas that was old and worn but so comfy.

“So we talk.” Louis sat opposite me and I nodded.

“You’re keeping something from me.” I stated and he sighed.

“I know.” He bit his lip.

“Why?” I asked and he shrugged.

“You’re my best friend.” He nibbled at his lip and it was an action that was entirely un-Louis.

“I know.” I sat up and he looked at his feet.

“Do we have to jump straight into this?” he asked and I sighed.

“I’d rather we did,” I admitted, “we’re meant to be each others person Louis, we always promised we would be.”

“You have Harry now Blair.” He said in an almost bitter tone, I sat back surprised, “he’s your person Blair. Not me. It hasn’t been me in a long time.”

“Louis.” I said softly and he shook his head.

“I get it B.” he shrugged, “he’s everything to you and you know I love you two. You’re both so happy together and it’s inspiring. It really is.”

It had never really occured to me how my relationship with Harry had made Louis, never had I ever considered that Louis felt somewhat pushed out by Harry. They were two very different parts of me and it seemed that they both felt like some kind of claim over me which I wasn't necessarily complaining about, how could I complain over being loved by two of the most amazing people to have walked this planet? It suddenly made me consider if one of the reasons Louis had been so set against Harry and I being together both times was partly due to the thought that he might lose me to Harry. That only reminded me of what Harry had been saying in the bathroom back in Holmes Chapel about how he felt like he was playing an elabrote game of who knew me better with his friends. Both Harry and Louis meant the world to me in different ways and I guess I needed to assure them of that a little more than I had been.

“I love you Louis.” I moved to sit next to him and rested my head on his shoulder, “I really do.”

“I know.” He nodded, “but we aren’t the same two people who made that promise back in Doncaster.”

“We might not be the same people but the promise still stands Lou.” I threaded my fingers through his, “we promised to be there no matter what, we would listen and talk about everything. We carved our names on that tree and said we would be best friends no matter what.”

“We’re still best friends.” Louis scuffed his foot on the floor.

“You’ve never felt so far away.” I admitted, “even when you were off travelling the world, I felt closer to you then than I do right now.”

“I know.” He nodded, “I feel like I barely know you anymore.”

“You know me just as well as you ever have.” I gave him a small smile.

“Eleanor cheated on me.” Louis said and I felt my jaw slacken in surprise.

I knew one of them had cheated so I shouldn’t have felt so surprised when he told me. Deep down I knew that it had to have been Eleanor, that Louis was too loyal to ever do that and it just wasn’t in his nature. He was impulsive, he was reckless but he was unbelievably loyal.

“Oh.” I nodded, “why didn’t you talk to me.”

“When Harry cheated on you,” Louis said quietly, “did you want me to know?”

“I didn’t want anyone to know.” I admitted.

“To admit to you that Eleanor cheated on me would mean fully admitting it to myself.” He sighed, “it would make it real.”

“I know.” I played with his fingers, “I understand.”

“She’s apologized hundreds of times.” He said softly, “she’s cried, made promises and told me how much she regrets it.”

“She loves you Lou,” I rested my chin on his shoulder and he nodded.

“I know.” He bit his bottom lip for a moment, “we’re past it, I guess.”

“It takes time.” I told him, “to trust again, to fully move past it and to stop imagining it happening.”

“That’s what’s bugging me,” he turned to me, “I feel like I can see it over and over in my head.”

“Imagining how it happened.” I nodded, “what was going through their heads, what they said that made the other person think it was okay to do it and how they rationalized it.”

“Was he better than me.” Louis rested his head against mine, “did she compare us.”

“Was he thinking about me at all?” I bit my lip, “Louis I get how you feel.”

“Why.” He pursed his lips together, “the one question I can’t get out my head.”

“I know.” I nodded.

“What was Harry’s why?” Louis asked and I sighed.

“Louis, Harry and Eleanor are different people.” I shook my head.

“I know.” He nodded, “but maybe I can understand the reasoning behind why El did it.”

“Have you asked her?” I suggested and he sighed.

“She just says it was a mistake, something that shouldn’t have happened.” Louis played with my fingers for a moment, “never a proper explanation.”

“Louis,” I sat up straight and looked him in the eye, “if it’s something you desperately need to move forward you need to talk to her about it.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you B.” He stroked his thumb across my tattoo of the wedding date.

“I kind of get why you didn’t.” I told him, “but I really wished you felt like you could talk to me. I mean you told Harry.”

“He walked in on me crying.” Louis admitted, “I’d just found out and he walked in here after letting himself in and I was just sat here crying.”

“Oh.” I nodded.

“I made him swear he wouldn’t tell you.” He bit his lip, “don’t be angry at him for it.”

“I’m not.” I assured him, “he’s your best friend as well.”

“You’re my bestest.” Louis gave me a lopsided smile, “even though I feel like you never have enough time for me.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t want you ever thinking that, I always have time for you. You’re my Louis.” I held his face in my hands, “I need you in my life Lou, I need you to be there and I can’t imagine my life without you. You’re the only man who has always been there for me.”

“Harry…” he started but I cut him off.

“Wasn’t there when I was throwing things because my Dad didn’t make it to my performance at the talent show.” I gave him a soft smile. “He didn’t come over every weekend to talk to me when I was adamant on being the biggest mess possible. He didn’t lecture me on my bad life choices and he wasn’t the one to work out that I didn’t feel like me anymore. That was all you Louis. It’s always been you.”

“We’ve both kind of messed up huh?” Louis sighed and I nodded.

“We just lost ourselves.” I sighed, “forgot who we are.”

“Louis and Blair.” Louis smiled softly.

“Blair and Louis.” I shrugged, “always a team.”

“Always.” He nodded.

I stood up and held my hand out to him suddenly, he eyed my outstretched hand curiously.

“What?” he asked and I grinned.

“I have an idea.” I grabbed his hand and yanked him onto his feet, “trust me.”

“This never ends well.” He muttered as I tugged him down the stairs.

After Louis put his feet in a pair of toms and grabbed his keys to lock the house I made him get into my mini and started driving.

“Where are we going?” he asked.

“To make a promise of sorts.” I shrugged.

“This car is no way making it all the way to that tree in Donny.” Louis shook his head and I giggled.

“Not the tree in Donny,” I bit my lip to suppress my grin, “think of it as somewhere more…permanent.”

Louis looked at me confused but laughed as I pulled up outside of the tattoo parlor Harry and I seemed to frequent way too much. I got out and so did Louis, I locked the car and we walked inside with stupid smiles on our faces.

“Hey can we get tattoos today?” I asked the girl.

“Do you have an appointment?” she asked.

“She doesn’t need one.” The guy walked out and I looked up to see Martin, “hello Blair.”

“Hey Martin.” I grinned walking over to him and into the hug he was offering.

“Did you not bring me your beautiful baby to cuddle?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Sorry, just me and Louis.” I gestured to my friend.

“You’re in Harry’s band, right?” Martin checked.

“I am indeed.” Louis grinned and shook the hand Martin was offering him.

“So what can I do for you two today?” he asked.

“We need matching tattoos.” I told him and he raised his eyebrows.

“If I remember correctly you and Harry don’t even have matching tattoos.” Martin said and I nodded.

“We don’t.” I shrugged, “but Louis and I need them.”

“Alright.” He nodded grabbing a piece of paper, “what do you want.”

“Yea Blair, what do we want?” Louis grinned and I bit my lip.

“Can I?” I asked pointing to the pen and piece of paper in Martin’s hand.

“Course.” He nodded and I took it from him and started sketching.

“Is that a tree trunk?” Louis asked and I giggled, “we’re literally getting it forever.”

“Do you not like it?” I asked and Louis laughed.

“I love it.” He assured me.

I carried on drawing the small tree and then made sure to add in the engraving onto the bark. It was just a small L &amp; B but to us it was a symbol of all the promises we had made to each other. After finally agreeing the design with Martin I jumped onto the bed and pulled my top up asking him to put it on the right side of my ribcage just below my bra line.

“Did you tell Harry?” Louis asked holding my hand as Martin started on the tattoo. Due to where I wanted it I was laying in an almost fetal position.

“Nope,” I bit my lip, “he shouldn’t care. It’s my body anyway, he just gets to look at it.”

Martin laughed as he heard what I said.

“He’s doing that thing he always does right before he goes away as well,” I huffed and Louis laughed, “it’s not funny, I hate waking up to kind a camera in my face.”

“A what?” Martin asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Harry records like everything that happens the week before he goes away. Just gets out this camera and starts filming random things.” I pursed my lips together, “I’m all for him recording Darcy, that’s fine and I’ll happily hold the camera and record them. But I hate it when he turns it on me, always appearing with it and recording me doing stupid things like cooking or cleaning my teeth or even making a cup of tea.”

“You have no idea how much it helps him though.” Louis squeezed my hand, “you forget that I see him watching those stupid moments.”

“It’s quite sweet.” Martin commented and I laughed.

“Yea when it isn’t you on the receiving end of it.” I shook my head.

“Oh babe you forget I am.” Louis chuckled, “they are outside right now.”

“I hate cameras.” I pouted and Louis laughed.

“B, your phone is buzzing.” Louis told me.

“Gimmie.” I smiled and he handed my the phone, “it’s Harry. Sorry Lou, I should probably take this. It might be about Darcy.”

“No worries.” He shrugged and gave me a smile that I knew meant that he honestly didn’t mind.

“Harold.” I smiled as I answered.

“Blair.” He responded and I laughed.

“What’s up Hazza Bear?” I asked causing Louis to snort.

“Don’t call me that.” Harry whined and I grinned, “what are you doing?”

“I am currently with Louis in a tattoo studio.” I told him.

“Right.” He sounded confused, “why?”

“Getting a tattoo.” I said casually.

“Cool.” He chuckled, “come home soon? Darcy’s asleep, Gemma is still out and I’m bored.”

“Ring Grimmy,” I rolled my eyes, “you two haven’t been gay just the two of you in a while. I’m busy with Louis right now.”

“You both suck.” He huffed, “so you’re back to being the two of you? Why can’t you involve me?”

“Don’t be such a brat you get Louis for 2 months straight. Let me bond.” I shook my head as Louis laughed.

“Fine.” I could imagine him pouting for a second before he lowered his tone, “am I good to assume you and Louis have been talking and all is right in the world again?”

“Sometimes you’re so clever it surprises me.” I giggled as he let out an indigent ‘hey’ in response, “I love you though so if that was all you wanted I shall bid you adieu. My side is killing me and I need to squeeze Louis’s hand.”

“Right,” Harry chuckled, “I love you beautiful, see you real soon yea?”

“Maybe.” I giggled as he groaned.

I hung up the phone and chucked it ontop of the bag that was under Louis’s chair. The tattoo was finished and Louis swapped positions with me choosing to get it in the exact same place. He was getting quite the collection and I couldn’t help but trace over the ones on his arms, the ones that solidified his friendship with Harry and reminded him over where it all started. The entire time Louis filled me in on the little things that had gone on in his life that I was yet to know about. It was easy as he made me laugh like he used to, made me smile so my cheeks hurt and brought out my completely ridiculous side. Louis Tomlinson had been my best friend for longer than I could remember and as we both stood in front of the mirror taking a picture of our matching tattoos I knew that we’d be like this forever.

@Louis_Tomlinson so glad this happened, just as spontaneous as the first time.

@Blairr this is the best way to let our other halves know we just etched each other onto our skin. #OOPS @HarryStyles @EleanorCalder


“Do you want to go grab a drink?” I asked and he grinned before nodding.

“For sure,” he laced his hand through mine, “doesn’t Harry want you back?”

“He’s a big boy I’m sure he’ll survive. I have something I need to talk to you about.” I told him and he nodded.

“Sounds serious.” He looked down at me and I bit my lip.

“It kind of is.” I admitted and he pursed his lips.

“You’re not pregnant again are you?” he asked, “cause I love Darcy but you were a mean pregnant
person most of the time.”

“I was not!” I huffed.

“You told me my cologne made you want to throw up!” he defended and I giggled.

“I think you smell great now though Lou.” I sniffed his arm and he laughed.

“I haven’t worn that cologne since.” He pouted and I shrugged.

“Probably did the world a favor then.” I grinned as he shoved me.

“Your pregnancy just seemed to magnify your personality.” Louis observed and I smirked.

“It did indeed.” I nodded and he narrowed his eyes at me.

“I hate it when you do this.” He rolled his eyes.

“Do what?” I asked grinning as we walking into a Starbucks.

“Think about having sex with Harry. He’s my best friend and so are you, it’s creepy.” He shuddered and I laughed.

“Well it happens a lot.” I informed him, “I’m always left feeling very satisfied if that helps.”

“It doesn’t.” he shook his head and I grinned.

We ordered our drinks and made our way to the back of the shop and into two really comfy brown leather chairs. We spoke for a bit about the song I was writing for him and Eleanor, it felt weird talking about it after hearing about her cheating on him only this morning but if Louis was happy with her I had to support him. I could easily do what he did when he found out about Harry and I getting back together but that would make me a hypocrite, it would also be unfair. I had to support Louis with the decisions he made in his life, I could pass comment but at the end of the day I was his best friend and I had to stand by supporting him unconditionally just like he always did for me.

“So what did you want to talk about?” He asked.

“I have a favor to ask you.” I spun my tea around and he nodded, “would you come out for lunch with me on Wednesday?”

“Sure.” He nodded looking confused, “how is this a favor?”

“I’m meeting my brother and sister then,” I told him, “and I really would like you there. Just because they’ll have each other so I want you. My brother.”

“Of course I’ll come with you B.” he squeezed my knee and gave me a soft smile, “you me and Haz facing them yea?”

“Just you and me.” I bit my lip, “just our little team.”

I could never put into words the way Louis looked at me in that moment. It was like someone had given him every single one of his Christmas and birthday presents all at once but even that didn’t describe it will enough. I knew it meant to world to him that I’d rather have him there than Harry. Harry was my husband, he was my soulmate and he was everything I needed but he wasn’t Louis. Louis was my brother, he was the only family I had ever had until Harry and I knew that if I was going to have to meet my siblings by blood I had to have my sibling by everything but.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whenever I write the number sixteen I always contemplate writing sexteen and I never know why...

Anyway! I have handed in 1 of 4 assignments that are in this week so I thought I'd write a celebratory chapter.

As always I would love to hear what you thought of this and how it played out. I did consider making them argue but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I don't think it would be true to the story.

I like to think that Blair not getting angry and going off on one over Eleanor cheating on Louis shows how much she has grown up since the days of flying off the handle at Henry.

Save Rock and Roll is one of the favourite albums ever. I honestly cannot put into words how much I am in love with it. If you haven't checked it out yet please do, it is the most amazing and honest album ever. The person you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger.

Peace.Love.HarryStylesMakesMeHappy