Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Eighteen

“So let me get this straight,” Nick said as I popped a grape in my mouth, “if you two have another baby I’m not necessarily a shoo in to be a godfather?”

“We won’t be having another one for a while,” Harry rolled his eyes at Nick as he shuffled on the bench we were sat on outside whilst rearranging his aviators briefly.

“Not for a long time,” I shook my head my eyes fixed on Darcy who was talking to a little boy in the play area.

We were once again in the beer garden of the pub down the road from us. We’d been here for a good 2 hours, Darcy was happily playing in kids area and Nick had been trying to get another godchild to add to his long list.

“So how will you pick?” He asked taking a sip of his cider, “just so I can start ticking all of the boxes.”

“You need to not eat my chips after not ordering your own.” I narrowed my eyes at him and he chuckled.

“You’ll thank me for that when you’re in your bikini later this summer!” He said cheerfully and Harry laughed until I hit his arm, “I kid, you’ve never been more in shape. Damn Styles, how’d you keep her so well trained?”

“Is that you sucking up to us?” Harry asked with a grin on his face.

“You know, you’re hair has never looked better Harold. Are you doing something different with it?” Nick asked innocently and I snorted.

“I see you started without us.” Jenny sat down next to Nick.

“Hey lovely,” Nick grinned at her and she kissed his cheek happily, “where’s your irish counterpart?”

“Getting drinks,” She grinned and spotted Darcy, “oh hello precious.”

Jenny stood up and sweeped Darcy off her feet. Darcy started squealing as she spotted who it was that had her. I grinned and looked at Harry who was also watching Jenny with our daughter. There was something about seeing our friends with our little munchkin that always made me happy and as Niall abandoned the drinks on the table to have a cuddle with her I couldn’t help but lean into Harry happily. I looked up at him and pressed my lips to his cheek briefly before pulling away, he grinned and put his hand on the back of my neck pulling my lips to his. I kissed him back and giggled as his hands snaked under the sides of my tshirt. It was always difficult to pull away from him when all I wanted was to stay forever wrapped up in his arms, kissing him and loving him.

“You two disgust me.” Nick huffed and I pulled away from Harry laughing.

“You’re just jealous.” Harry wrapped his arms around me pulling me as close to him as possible.

“Sure I am.” Nick rolled his eyes sarcastically.

“You are, you’d love to be over here making out with Harry.” I grinned and ducked as he threw a piece of cucumber at me from his pimms.

“I swear Darcy gets cuter every time I see her.” Jenny shook her head in disbelief as she sat back down next to Nick.

“I know,” Harry sighed looking over at her as Niall ruffled her hair before walking towards us, “every time I go away I come back and she’s changed in some way.”

“That sucks man,” Niall took a sip of his beer, “you guys organized when you’re coming out yet B?”

“Not yet.” I shrugged, “but it’s our wedding anniversary whilst you’re away so…”

“You’ll be there then.” Jenny grinned and I looked at Harry who nodded.

“That’s the plan.” I finished my beer off as Louis appeared in the garden.

“Hey you lot,” he grinned standing at the end of the table.

“I didn’t know you were coming here.” Niall grinned standing up to hug his friend.

“I’m not staying,” Louis shrugged playing with his keys as I stood up, “just picking up B.”

“Where are you two off?” Jenny asked.

“Meet the siblings.” I bit my lip before walking over to Darcy, “hey baby, mummy is going to be back before dinner okay? I love you.”

“I love you.” She beamed at me and kissed my cheek.

“Bye bye munchkin.” I waved.

“Bye bye mummy.” She waved back before running away to her new friend.

I walked back over and rested my hands on Harry’s shoulders, he leant back against me as I listened to our friends chat for a few minutes. Harry tilted his head back and I smiled down at him.

“I love you.” He mouthed at me.

“I love you too.” I mouthed back before leaning down and kissing him upside down.

“Alright we better go.” Louis bounced on the balls of his feet and I nodded.

“Okay, I’ll see you lot later.” I slid my sunglasses down from the top of my head before turning to Harry, “and I will ring you as soon as I’m done.”

“Kay.” He nodded giving me a sad smile.

“I love you.” I bit my lip and he nodded.

“I love you too,” he sighed before bringing me down to a hug.

“Please don’t be angry you’re not going to be there.” I pleaded with him and felt him sigh again.

“I’m not angry,” he assured me, “I just really wish I was coming with you.”

“I’m sorry.” I kissed his neck and he nodded.

“I know.” He pulled away and pressed a soft kiss to my lips, “ring me though yea?”

“Course.” I smiled before standing up and taking the hand Louis was holding out to me, “wish me luck.”

“Luck!” they all chorused and I grinned before walking out the pub with Louis.

“How are you feeling?” Louis asked as we pulled away from the pub.

“Nervous.” I admitted as my knee bounced up and down, “do I look alright?”

“Perfect.” He smiled and I bit my lip, “it’ll be fine Blair.”

“I hope so.” I looked out the window and Louis squeezed my knee.

The journey to the restaurant was quicker than I thought it would be and I was biting my lip as I waited for Louis to lock the door of the car. He took my hand in his and kissed the back of it without saying a word. I was nervous to say the least and I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to not throw up before seeing them. I let Louis guide me through the doors and I vaguely heard him give my name to the waiter and as he guided us through the restaurant my eyes landed on two people sat on a table for four. The boy was older, he looked about 19, he had dirty blonde hair that looked like he had rolled out of bed and ran his hands through it a couple of times. He was wearing a black Imagine Dragons tshirt and a pair of grey jeans, he was fiddling with the glass of coke in front of him and looked like he’d rather be anywhere else other than here. The girl sat next to him was younger, probably around 16 maybe 17 at a push, she had brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was smiling as she texted on her phone, her phone had a One Direction cover on it which automatically brought a smile to my face. She was beautiful in a red tshirt and a pair of white shorts, she looked up and a smile appeared on her face when she saw us.

“Hey,” I said quietly waving awkwardly, “I guess I’m your sister?”

The boy chuckled awkwardly as the girl pulled me into a hug.

“I’m Madison,” she told me, “you’re Blair.”

“I am.” I nodded and the boy huffed, “this is Louis, he’s always been kind of like the brother I never had…only I guess I do have a brother.”

“Liam.” He nodded before turning to Louis, “Maddie has a picture of you on her wall.”

“LIAM!” Madison gasped and hit her, our, brother.

“It’s alright.” Louis assured her chuckling, “that’s cool. So you’re a fan then?”

“On repeat.” Liam rolled his eyes and I laughed softly taking a seat next to him and opposite Madison.

“Imagine Dragons,” I pointed at his shirt, “you a fan then?”

“No, I wear this shirt because I hate them.” He told me and I laughed at his sarcasm.

“Blair’s seen them like 14 times.” Louis grinned and Liam raised an eyebrow at me.

“Seriously?” He asked

“Yea,” I nodded, “I’m a bit of a geek when it comes to gigs. Nothing better than live music.”

“You’re amazing live.” Madison told Louis who smiled back at her.

“Really? Thanks.” He chuckled, “have you been to any of our shows?”

“Yea, once.” She smiled and played with her phone in her hands.

“So we should probably get to know each other right?” I asked as the waiter came over, “oh, can I get a coke please?”

Louis ordered and the waiter left us again, Madison was biting her lip and looking between Louis and I excitedly whilst Liam kept checking his phone as it continued to buzz. It felt really surreal to be sat with these two strangers that were actually relations of mine.

“What do you want to know?” Madison asked.

“Well, I’m Blair obviously,” I bit my lip and rested my hands on the table, “I’m 26 and I’m married…I don’t know just the basics really.”

“Well I’m Madison,” she smiled happily, “I’m 15 and I love one direction, I saw them once at the o2 and then I accidently bumped into Zayn once outside a costa coffee.”

“This is so lame,” Liam rolled his eyes, “I’m 19, I study media and communications at university and I drink a lot. That’s about it.”

“I’m Louis,” Louis waved awkward, “I’m also 26, I’m engaged and I kind of feel like I’m at some kind of support meeting right about now.”

Liam and I chuckled as Madison laughed like it was the funniest thing she had ever heard.

“I’m happy we’re meeting.” I gave them a smile and Liam nodded as Madison beamed back at me.

“Mum is a bitch.” Liam announced, “I can’t believe she’d kept this from us.”

“You didn’t know about me?” I asked and they shook their heads.

“First we knew was her asking us to meet you.” Liam shrugged.

“I was really excited,” Madison grinned and I giggled.

“I was pissed off.” Liam glared at the table and I bit my lip as I looked over at him, I glanced at Louis who put his hand on my knee under the table and gave it a light squeeze, “who keeps her daughter a secret? It ridiculous.”

“I’m sure she had her reasons,” I gave him a small smile but I knew I didn’t sound very convincing.

The waiter came and took our food order and we started talking about things that we might have in common. Madison was very sweet and very obviously starstruck by Louis. She spent a lot of lunch talking to him and asking him questions about the band which was lovely, but it just felt like once again who I am isn’t as important as One Direction. I probably should be used it by now though. Liam, however, I did get a chance to get to know and we were very similar in a lot of ways. He’s almost finished his first year of university up in Leicester and then was coming back to London for the summer.

“You have a daughter right?” he asked playing with his glass as we waited for the waiter to take the plates away.

“Yea,” I smiled, “so you have a niece. Her name’s Darcy.”

“What’s she like?” he asked cocking his head to the side in interest.

“Adorable,” I laughed softly, “you’ll have to come over and meet her. You’ll have to meet Harry as well.”

“Your husband?” He checked and I nodded, “which one is he?”

“Dimples, tall and has brown hair. It used to be curly but it’s quite quiff like at the moment.” I bit my lip and then grabbed my phone from my bag, “this is probably easier.”

I scanned through my pictures till I found one of Harry and Darcy in the garden a few days ago. He was sitting with his legs spread out with Darcy between them. They were clapping at each other and Harry had a huge smile on his face. Even though he was wearing sunglasses it was quite a good photo of him and Liam nodded as I showed him.

“Is that Darcy then?” He pointed at my daughter and I nodded, “she’s beautiful.”

“She is.” I smiled and he grinned before handing the phone back to me.

“I’m glad we’ve done this.” He said and I bit my lip, “I’m angry at the whole situation but I know it’s not your fault. I shouldn’t be angry at you so I’m sorry if I was a bit off earlier.”

“You weren’t, it’s a weird situation to be in.” I assured him, “I’m glad as well. I’m not our mum’s biggest fan and I won’t pretend to be but I really don’t want to be the reason you two fall out. She shouldn’t have kept this from us but she’s still your mum.”

“She’s yours as well.” He pointed out and I pursed my lips for a moment.

“By blood she is, yes.” I nodded before looking over at Louis who was listening to Madison, “but my mum is Jay Tomlinson. She’s been my mum since I was 13 and I love her. I guess I’ve only recently started to realize that though.”

“Is that Louis’s mum?” he asked and I nodded, “he seems nice.”

“He is.” I ran my finger along the rim of my glass, “one of the good ones.”

“He must be to put up with her going on at him. She’s obsessed with that band.” He rolled his eyes and I giggled, “I’m glad you had them though, you know, to make up for our shit mum.”

“Has she been a shit mum to you?” I asked curiously and he sighed.

“She’s alright,” he shrugged, “I mean she wouldn’t win any awards for mother of the year but she’s there for us when we need her. But she hasn’t been there for you and that just seems so…heartless to me.”

“You shouldn’t let it change your opinion on her though.” I put my hand over his, “at least we’ve met each other now, right?”

“Right.” He nodded and I smiled.

“We should trade numbers or something.” I put my phone on the table and he nodded.

“We should.” He nodded before we swapped phones and put our numbers in.

We eventually got the bill and I paid much to Liam’s protests, Louis just laughed and put his hand on Liam’s arm shaking his head as he told him that once I’d decided something the decision was usually made and it was best just to go along with it. We said goodbye in the carpark and they both assured me they wouldn’t tell anybody about seeing Louis and I just yet. The press were going to have a field day over it and it was something I knew I was going to have to go talk to management about.

“So your sister is…” Louis trailed off as we drove away from the restaurant.

“A fan girl.” I laughed softly.

“Yea.” He nodded and I shrugged.

“At least she isn’t a hater.” I chuckled and he nodded.

“Lucky really.” He nodded, “you and Liam seemed to get on well though.”

“I think we’re quite similar.” I bit my lip, “or he’s quite similar to Harry. I can’t decide.”

Louis laughed and I bit my lip as I looked out the car.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked and I shrugged.

“I’m not really sure,” I drummed my fingers against my knees, “I’m glad I met them.”

“But?” He asked and I shook my head.

“No but.” I gave him a small smile and picked my phone up.

On the way home. Are you still at the pub?

Just got home. Darcy is exhausted. How did it go?

It was good. Put the kettle on? :)

Louis pulled up outside and I leant across the console and hugged him.

“Thank you for coming with me.” I mumbled into his shoulder.

“Thank you for wanting me there.” He kissed the top of my head, “for what it’s worth they seem lovely.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek before getting out the car. Harry had the door open before I got to it and he was looking at me curiously. I smiled before wrapping my arms around his waist resting my head on his chest.

“You alright?” he asked and I nodded before leaning up to kiss him softly.

“They were lovely.” I told him, “Madison, my sister, is a huge fan and spent the whole time asking Louis questions about you all.”

“I’m sorry.” He followed me into the kitchen, “that must have sucked.”

“A bit,” I nodded, “yea.”

Harry sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as I made a cup of tea.

“What about your brother?” he asked.

“You’d love him,” I smiled happily, “we really got on. I think I’m going to ask if he wants to come over so he can meet you before he goes back to uni and you go off on tour.”

“Really?” Harry asked a smile beginning on his face which widened to reveal his dimples as I nodded, “you’re okay with that?”

“Yea,” I nodded, “I want him to know you.”

“I want to know him.” Harry pulled me to him wrapping his arms around me.

“I know you were upset you didn’t come today,” I pushed his hair back, “I just hate the idea of sharing you with people who don’t deserve to know you.”

“That’s sweet but also silly.” He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, “how is your head though?”

“It hurts.” I bit my lip, “fancying singing me a song whilst I snuggle with our baby?”

“If that’s what you need.” He nodded, “come on.”

He took my hand and led me into the living room where Darcy was sat in front of the television watching a football match that Harry had obviously let go. I giggled before sweeping her off the floor and into a hug. She grinned as she saw me and snuggled into my neck wrapping her arms around me. I stroked her hair softly as I laid down on the sofa, Darcy turned around to watch Harry as he grabbed my guitar from the side and sat on the coffee table in front of us. He started singing and a soft smile made its way across my lips as Darcy started clapping happily. I looked down at her and instantly felt the thoughts that were racing through my head start to slow down. I didn’t know how to feel about just meeting two new members of my family but I knew that as long as I had these two, my two favourite people in the world it would be okay.

“I never thought through love we’d be making one as lovely as she.” He reached forward and tapped Darcy’s nose which made her giggle. “Isn’t she lovely, made from love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a terrible person...I know.

This isn't even a good update and I'm sorry. I feel like I'm losing some steam on this story. I've been AWOL from mibba for a couple of days cause the sun has been shining and I'm a free student. My hangovers have been painful if that makes you feel better?

I have a vague idea about the next few chapters.

Leave me a comment about what a bad person I am?

I saw McFly play last night. They were amazing. Got a little inspired for later on in the story :)

Peace.Love.ImSorry