Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Nineteen

I folded up another tshirt and put it on the pile that I was surrounded by. I bit my lip as I looked around and groaned before putting my face in my hands and taking a deep breath in. I could hear Darcy laughing downstairs which was followed by Harry’s laughter as well and my heart ached in my chest. In three days time he’d be gone and I’d be left in this house alone again. I knew Ed would be moving in and that Nick would probably pretty much become a permanent fixture around here again but it wasn’t the same. I wasn’t going to wake up to Harry every morning, I wouldn’t get to lay out under the stars with him and see that perfect smile of his when Darcy would do something new.

“B?” Harry called out and I sighed wiping the tear from my eye, “is everything alright?”

“What? Yea. Course.” I smiled up at him as he appeared in the doorway.

“You look like you’ve been crying.” He bit his lip as I stood up.

“Course I’m not crying.” I walked over to the open draw on his side and pulled out another top and held it up, “rekon you’ll want to wear this?”

“B,” he put his hands on my hips as he moved to stand behind me, “stop packing for me. Look at me.”

“It needs to be done and we both know if it was up to you it would be done the morning you go.” I pushed away from him but he grabbed my wrist, “let go Haz.”

“Blair.” He sighed and leant back on the dresser as I walked over to the wardrobe, “talk to me.”

“I’m fine Harry.” I pursed my lips flicking through the shirts, “I need to go pick up some stuff tomorrow and make sure it fits you. If it doesn’t I’m going to need to fix it or get new stuff. I need you to try on that pile over there as well, you can do that tomorrow. I think I’m going to cut the top one up, make it look a bit worn with bleach as well.”

“Stop it.” He groaned and I turned as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Stop what?” I asked.

“Stop being my stylist and be my wife for a second.” He scratched the back of his neck, “please just…come here.”

He held his hand out to me as my hands rested on a Ralph Lauren sweater, I bit my lip as he watched me closely. I dropped the jumper and jumped on him wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my face in his neck. He caught me and held me close supporting my weight with one arm and rubbing my back with one hand.

“I don’t want you to leave.” I whispered into his skin and he kissed my head.

“I don’t want to leave either.” He sighed, “but you’ll come out and see me, right?”

“I’m being so unfair.” I bit my lip and leant back to look at him, pushing his hair off his face, “aren’t I?”

“No.” he shook his head, “you’re just upset. You’re allowed to be. I’m glad you are. At least I know you still love me.”

“You know I love you,” I murmured running my hands through his hair, “I love you so much it hurts.”

“I know.” He rested his forehead against mine, “we’re the lucky ones though, remember?”

“Why does being lucky hurt so much?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Cause everyone knows that if something is worth it it’s going to hurt a little.” He pressed his lips to my forehead, “or in our case, a lot.”

“I love you.” I mumbled into his chest as slid back onto to the floor and returning me back to my short height.

“I love you too.” He tilted my head back and smiled softly, “my short human.”

“My tall human.” I grinned as he laughed.

“We make quite the pair huh?” he looked sideways at our reflections, “ever wonder who Darcy’s going to take after?”

“I hope for her sake me,” I leant into him and watched us in the reflection.

“Hey!” he pouted and I giggled.

“I say that because being this small can be quite handy,” I shrugged.

“What cause it’s easier to pick things up that you drop?” he asked and I hit him.

“No because when you hug me I feel safe. You’re so tall that you completely me surround me.” I bit my lip, “if that makes sense? I’d like her to feel that way.”

“So you feel all protected?” he teased light and I narrowed my eyes at him, “how traditional of you.”

“You’re an ass today.” I pouted and he grinned before leaning down at kissing me softly.

The thing with kissing Harry was that I knew we’d been together for about 7 years, if you discounted the break in between at the beginning, but every kiss still felt like our first. Every time I thought that I wanted to gag at myself, at how incredibly cliché I was but it was the truth and I guess people do say that things are cliché for a reason. Harry’s lips were soft but I could feel the roughness on the side of his bottom lip where he had been biting it continuously over the past week. One of his hands was underneath the back of my top and where his hands had used to be soft his fingertips now had slight calluses from playing guitar as much as he did now and it was a change I welcomed. Just like I welcomed how he would pick me up only to place me back down on top of his shoes to decrease the height difference. His breath was minty but mixed with tea and something sweet, my hands ran down the front of the soft grey shirt he was wearing and I couldn’t help but smile as his hand came up to cup the side of my face and I felt a few bracelets sat on his wrist against my cheek, a few of which I knew Darcy had made for him to wear. Stupidly large plastic beads of hearts and stars that only Harry could make look as cool as he did, it always made me laugh how he would wear the things she made and then show her pictures of them on him in the magazines. Harry pressed his left hand to my back pulling me closer and I smiled into the kiss as I felt the coolness of his wedding band against my skin.

A kiss can change everything, that’s what people say. A kiss from Harry can change how I feel, it can bring back from any ledge I’m on, it isn’t just a kiss. It isn’t just pressing lips to lips. It’s all the small things that make Harry Harry that come through in the kiss, the things that remind me that he is mine and that there is nothing that will change that. Not him disappearing off on another tour, not him meeting a member of my family and definitely not another woman. I pulled away and ran my fingertips along his jaw and he smiled softly at me. No, no other woman would ever know what it was like to be touched, kissed and loved by the man in front of me.

“You should probably put the chicken in or I don’t think we’ll be eating until late.” He spoke softly and for some reason I started to laugh.

In a moment that had felt so special and perfect Harry managed to break through and bring me back to earth. He grinned as I laughed before he laced our hands together and we dodged around the piles of clothes in the dressing room before going down the stairs. Darcy was in a Man U shirt and I rolled my eyes as Harry grinned when he realized the match was re starting.

“Come on munchkin.” He picked our daughter up, “we have a match to win.”

“You are aware you’re watching the game right?” I asked leaning on the back of the sofa watching the pair, “so really you don’t have a match to win, you have a match to watch and hope you win.”

“Hush.” Harry waved a finger in the air, “munchkin is in her top, I’m wearing my lucky pants and we’re sat in the same way as the last match we played. Which we won 6 – 0.”

“You’re ridiculously superstitious when it comes to football.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“You need to go and potter around the kitchen,” Harry told me, “you didn’t watch any of the last game. You also need to tie your hair up.”

“I am not taking part in this.” I shook my head.

“If you don’t and we lose tonight we will definitely not,” he placed his hands over Darcy’s ears, “be finding out how many times I can make you orgasm in one night.”

I pulled my hair band off my wrist and tossed my hair into a ponytail as I walked out the room.

“I thought so.” Harry called out laughing as I disappeared into the kitchen.

I laid the table and checked the time, as long as the game didn’t get into ridiculous overtime it would be finished when I’m brother turned up to have dinner. I’d invited my sister as well but she had already agreed to go on a school trip so that would have to wait until after Harry got back from tour. I checked that there was white wine in the fridge before pursing my lips and grabbing my phone to text Harry.

Am I seriously not allowed to leave the kitchen?

Orgasms?

I hate you

You won’t be saying that later!

I glared at the door before turning back to the kitchen and pursing my lips together. I grabbed the notebook from the side and the guitar that I had discarded in here this morning, I settled on the floor and started to work on the song that I was writing for Louis and Eleanor. I had a lot of it done already and I knew that it would be completely finished after my week with Ed next week but I was a bit of a perfectionist so any opportunity I could get to tweak it I would take happily.

“YAY!” Darcy came running in and I looked up and laughed as she flung her arms around me.

“Did you win then?” I looked up as Harry walked in with a huge smile on his face.

“3-1.” He beamed opening the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water. He drank the bottle in one and I giggled, “what?”

“You’re drinking that like you’re the one who’s been running round the pitch.” I grinned and positioned the guitar to rest in front of where Darcy was sat on me.

“It’s stressful.” He defended as Darcy strummed the guitar, “looks like she wants to be like you.”

“I think you’ll find that you’re the popstar here.” I grinned before looking down and pressing chords on the neck of the guitar whilst Darcy continued to strum at random.

Harry sat opposite me as we continued to get Darcy to play the guitar, she was giggling and Harry was clapping every time she strummed to encourage her. I eventually had to get up and check on the food. As I closed the oven door the doorbell rang and I squeaked which caused Harry to laugh.

“Go answer the door B,” Harry stood up and pushed me playfully towards the door before putting my notebook away and resting the guitar on the armchair.

I opened the door to Liam who was standing there looking slightly awkward holding a bunch of daisies and roses.

“Come in,” I stepped to the side.

“These are for you.” He passed me the flowers and I grinned.

“Oh, thank you. You shouldn’t have though,” I smelt them and couldn’t stop my wide smile, “daises and roses are my favourite flowers.”

“Maddie said that.” Liam blushed, “I didn’t really know what to get.”

“They are perfect, thank you.” I smiled before gesturing to the kitchen, “come on, Harry and Darcy are through here.”

“She’s still up?” Liam’s eyes lit up and I giggled.

“Yea, she won’t be for much longer.” I admitted, “she’s normally in bed like a half hour ago but I really wanted you to meet her.”

“You didn’t have to do that for me.” He scratched the back of his neck and I bit my lip.

“I wanted to.” I told him as we walked into the kitchen.

Harry was holding Darcy, she had her arms around his neck and he whispering something in her ear. He looked up as we walked in and poked our daughter who’s head flew over to the stranger.

“Hello!” she waved happily.

“No stranger danger this one.” Harry chuckled and Liam laughed, “I’m Harry.”

“Liam.” He shook the hand Harry had stretched out to him, “hello beautiful.”

“Darcy.” She beamed at him.

I watched as Harry smiled as he looked between the interaction the pair were having. Then Liam asked her about her football shirt and she giggled before hiding her face in Harry’s chest.

“She likes you,” I bumped my shoulder against Liam’s, “she’s blushing.”

“She’s gorgeous.” Liam laughed softly, “like I know in the picture you showed me she was but, wow, she is one beautiful little girl.”

“Takes after her mum huh?” Harry winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

“Ignore him, he’s leaving in a few days so is trying to butter me up to soften the blow.” I rolled my eyes and Liam laughed.

“Lies!” Harry shook his head, “don’t believe her, I’m always lovely to her and rightfully so! She is the most beautiful woman in the world.”

“Suck up.” I sung as I opened the oven door to check on the chicken.

“Dinner smells amazing,” Liam commented, “can I help?”

“Do you want to watch munchkin for a minute?” Harry asked, “I need to ring Lou and remind her that I need my hair cut tomorrow.”

“What?” My head snapped up, “you don’t need your hair cut.”

“You know I always cut it before tour.” He handed Darcy over to Liam.

“Superstition!” I pointed at him and he chuckled.

“Shut up.” He rolled his eyes before walking out the room.

“You two are cute.” Liam commented as Darcy squashed his face between her hands.

“So are you two.” I giggled, “hey baby, this is your uncle.”

“Uncle Louis.” She clapped her hands together and I laughed softly as I shook my head no at her.

“Does she see much of him?” Liam asked prodding her dimples and making her giggle.

“Quite a lot, he’s her godfather.” I shrugged as I checked on the carrots.

“He seems like a good guy.” Liam nodded.

“Me?” Harry beamed as he walked in.

“I swear if your ego gets any bigger we’re going to need to get a bigger house.” I rolled my eyes and Harry laughed, “we were talking about Louis.”

“Louis?” Harry went over to fridge after poking Darcy’s cheek.

“Yea you know, the guy who you claim as your best friend.” I rolled my eyes and Harry pulled out a bottle of wine.

“I don’t claim it, he is.” Harry chuckled placing the wine on the counter top.

“Do you have one of these?” I pulled my top up and revealed my tattoo.

“Woah,” Liam stepped forward, “that’s crazy.”

“She drew it,” Harry told him as he uncorked the bottle, “do you have any tattoos?”

“One,” Liam bit his lip as he looked at the detail on my tattoo, “this is amazing, the detail on the trunk is crazy.”

“What tattoo do you have?” Harry asked taking Darcy from Liam.

“A compass.” He shrugged, “I got it before uni, just felt a bit lost.”

“Needing a sense of direction.” I nodded as I moved to open the oven.

“Yea, something like that.” He agreed leaning back against the counter.

“I’m going to put Darcy to bed before dinner,” Harry stroked her hair as she yawned.

“Okay,” I nodded moving over to her and pushing her hair off her face, “night night baby, mummy will see you in the morning and we’ll have pancakes.”

“Love you.” She yawned and clung to Harry’s neck.

“Say goodbye to your uncle Liam.” Harry nudged her.

“Night night uncle Lia…” she trailed off as she yawned.

Harry carried her upstairs and I started dishing out dinner with Liam carrying the dishes over to the table. He was asking me questions about my tattoos and I was answering him honestly as I admitted that I hated the one on my hip that said mind over matter in a fraction.

“But why?” He asked his eyebrows pulling together.

“I got it at a weird time of my life.” I shrugged biting my lip and not really wanting to talk about the reference to Harry it held, “tattoos are weird though. Like I know that I have a few and Harry is like a human doodle pad.”

“I resent that.” He glared playfully as he walked back in with a baby monitor in his hand.

“But I think tattoos are weird in a beautiful way. What better expression that putting it on your skin. It’ll be with you forever, like even when you die it’ll be on you.” I bit my lip as Harry smiled softly at me.

He took my hand and pulled the inside of my left wrist to his lips pressing a gentle kiss to my tattoo.

“I haven’t really planned for another one.” Liam shrugged and Harry nodded.

“I never do,” he pursed his lips for a moment, “then I’ll want like five at the same time.”

“That’s because you’re rubbish at making your mind up.” I grinned as I carved the chicken.

“She’s mean.” Harry told Liam, “says things that aren’t true to hurt my feelings so when I leave I won’t miss her as much. It’s a defense tactic.”

“Stop talking about me like I’m not here.” I rolled my eyes as I placed the chicken on the table, “alright boys, dinner is served.”

Both sat down as I went and grabbed the bottle of wine and poured out a glass each before placing it back in the fridge. We started eating with Liam asking questions about Harry’s upcoming tour, Darcy and then eventually allowed us to ask questions about him.

“So media and communications.” I bit my lip as he nodded, “what’s that about then?”

“Just the media in general, why things are done the way they are and for what purpose.” He shrugged, “it’s my first year so it’s been a bit repetitive but next year I get to do modules I’ve chose so it’ll be better.”

“What have you chosen?” Harry asked sipping at his wine.

“I have to do research media in preparation for my dissertation, then I’m doing a new media module which is basically coding websites and designed posters, cd covers and stuff.” He told us and I smiled, “then I’m doing journalism.”

Harry snorted and Liam looked at him in surprise.

“I hope they’ll teach you how to write the truth.” Harry pursed his lips and I rolled my eyes.

“Ignore him, some tabloid ran a story on him forgetting to pick up Darcy the other day.” I shook my head, “what other module are you doing?”

“Public Relations,” he shrugged, “I’m not really sure what I want to do at the end of it so I’m kind of hedging my bets a bit. I know I want to take music industry management in my final year.”

“Music industry?” Harry raised an eyebrow and he nodded.

“I’m in a band at the moment,” he bit his lip, “kind of thought it would be useful if I learnt about it.”

“So you want to be a musician?” I asked and he shrugged.

“We’re not that great.” He admitted, “just a group of us that play around in our lounge.”

“So musicality runs in the family,” Harry smirked at me and I glared at him.

“You play?” Liam asked and I nodded.

“She’s amazing,” Harry told him, “she has a lovely voice and writes amazing songs.”

“How come you never did anything about it?” he asked me and I pushed my food around my plate.

“Numerous reasons,” I admitted, “I can get really bad stage fright and then there is all the travelling. I’d rather just stick to being a stylist.”

“Trust me, it’s not through lack of offers.” Harry told him as he referred to the numerous times Simon had reminded me his offer to record was always there.

“I’m happy as I am.” I told them both and they both smiled at me.

“That’s all the matters.” Harry grinned and I laughed softly.

After dinner we moved to sit outside and talk. Harry and Liam ended up in a heated discussion about the future of Man U and I happily sat back and observed them. They were both talking animatedly with their hands and Harry threw his head back laughing at a comment Liam had made. I knew they would get on and until now I didn’t realize how much I wanted to see them like this. I didn’t realize how much peace it would bring me to see them getting on. I had spent so much time wondering about my mother and questioning if there was something missing in my life, if that something was her that I had never considered that perhaps what was missing was family. I had family, I knew that, all our friends were our family, Harry and Darcy were my family and I was happy with my family. But as I watched Liam explain a gig he had performed the other night to Harry and Harry was grinning listening intently I felt more complete than I had in a long time.

“I should get off,” Liam stood up, “it was really nice, thanks for tonight Blair.”

“Thank you for coming,” I grinned as we started walking inside.

“Seriously though man, if you fancy coming out for a few shows just give me a call.” Harry clapped his hand on Liam’s shoulder in that weird friendly man gesture way.

“I will.” He nodded grinning, “I’m off back to uni tomorrow but we’ll talk soon yea?”

“Course.” I bumped my shoulder against his, “you won’t get rid of my that easily.”

“She’s right,” Harry wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me into him backwards, “she’s clingy.”

“You’re clingy.” I narrowed my eyes at him and he grinned.

We said our goodbyes and I closed the door locking it before going back to the kitchen to clear up. Harry followed me and poured the remainder of the wine between our two glasses.

“So?” he asked, “how’d I do? Rekon I passed the brother test?”

“With flying colours.” I grinned as I loaded the dishwasher.

“He’s great.” Harry pulled himself up onto the counter next to the counter, “you’re similar.”

“Are we?” I closed the door and Harry nodded.

“Just little things,” he smiled, “obviously your hair as well.”

“Yea?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yep, dirty blonde.” He took my hand in his and pulled me between his legs running a hand through my hair, “you’re dirtier though.”

“Are we still talking about my hair?” I raised my eyebrow and he laughed.

“Maybe.” He bit his lip as he stroked his fingers along my cheek.

“Sometimes I wish I could climb inside your mind.” I told him a few minutes later as we stood just studying each other in silence.

“Hmm?” Harry raised an eyebrow as his thumb ran over my bottom lip.

“I’m always intruiged as to what you’re thinking about,” I shrugged my hands rubbing in from his shoulders to trace over his collarbones.

“What I’m thinking about?” he hummed for a second, “I think my mind would bore you.”

“Why’d you think that?” I tilted my head to the side and Harry pressed a soft kiss to my neck.

“It’s all about you,” he whispered into my skin, “every thought I have revolves around you. I think about what you might be doing, what will make you laugh and how to make you happy.”

I closed my eyes and rested my forehead against his shoulder as he carried on pressing kisses to my neck.

“I think about the next time I’ll get to hold you, the next time I’ll kiss you and the next time I’ll make love to you.” His teeth grazed against my earlobe, “how your skin feels against mine and the way you taste.”

I let out a shaky breath and pulled my bottom lip in sinking my teeth into it.

“The way you feel when I’m inside of you.” His lips ghosted along my jaw towards my lips, “how my names sounds when it passes your lips when you’re at your most vulnerable, when you’re coming completely undone in front of me and how I’m the only person who gets to see you like that.”

“Oh.” I let out as his lips grazed against mine.

“Oh.” He smirked as he pulled away lifting my chin up with his fingers, “fancy going to bed?”

“Oh,” I bit my lip, “yea. Yea I do.”

“Good.” He grinned picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder causing me to laugh.

People always ask us how we do it, how we’re as close as we are and we’ve never been able to answer it. But I think tonight sums it up pretty well. We balance each other out. We’re everything each other needs, whatever they need we are it and we know what the other needs when they don’t realize themselves. Harry can go from being my shoulder to cry on to a caring father and then to the person I depend on before being the sexiest person I’ve ever met and then make me laugh like a child. Harry is everything I could ever need and he can change my mood within seconds. I think that’s why we work as well as we do. We just know each other.

“You know I’m proud of you right?” I checked as I pulled his top up.

“What?” he furrowed his eyebrows together as I tossed the top to the side.

“I’m proud of you,” I undid his belt and pushed his jeans down, “you’re so talented and amazing.”

He raised an eyebrow at me as I pushed him back to the bed.

“I hate that you have to leave,” I traced my fingertips along the band of his boxers, “but I’m happy you do.”

“You’re happy I leave?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m happy you get to do what you love,” I stroked him over his boxers and his breath hitched in his throat, “I’m proud of what you do and I’d never want you to think otherwise. I’d hate for you to not enjoy being on tour because you’re worried about me. Worried about us, because I promise you there is nothing for you to worry about. I've never been more in love with you.”

I leant forward and pressed soft kisses along his collarbone, his hands ran up the back of my top before tugging it over my head. I tossed it to the side before arching my back and undoing my bra. I was straddling him and could feel him pressed to me, I ground my hips down onto hip causing him to groan and his hands to fly to my hips holding me against him.

“Do you know what really turns me on?” I whispered into his skin behind his ear as I continued to grind down on him.

“What?” he choked out and I couldn’t help but smile.

“When you’re on that stage, you spread your arms out and throw your head back.” I sucked on his skin for a moment, “you look like the fucking king of the world. Everyone goes insane for it but you’re all mine. Nobody else gets to have you.”

He groaned as I leant back and continued to kiss down his stomach. His hands traced up my back and into my hair before running back down my back and grabbing onto my hips. He spun me over so he was hovered above me.

“I’ve always been yours.” He mumbled into my lips, “completely yours.”

“Always.” I murmured as his lips moved down my neck.

“Do you want to know what really turns me on?” he bit on my ear.

“Of course,” I arched my back up into him and scratched my nails lightly down his back.

“Everything you do.” He kissed down the valley of my breasts, “you’re the sexiest person I have ever met. Just you breathing gets me going. I’m always ready for you.”

My eyes rolled back as his tongue flicked over my nipple and I gasped.

“You have no idea,” he chuckled into my skin as he kissed down to my hips, “this is all I can think about when I’m away.”

“Did you delete that video?” I asked breathless as he kissed up my thighs.

“Sure.” He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

“Liar.” I gasped as his tongue flicked over me.

“Come on B,” he grinned as he moved to hover over me again, “let me keep it.”

“Harry,” I growled.

“I bet I can convince you,” he smirked and I laughed softly.

“And how will you do that?” I asked and gasped as he entered me quickly.

“Trust me,” he kissed me softly, “by the end of tonight you’ll be giving it to me as a gift.”

“A gift for what?” I asked closing my eyes and running my hands along the back of his shoulders.

“For the best night of your life.” He moved to tilt my chin up, “look at me beautiful.”

“Harry,” I groaned arching up.

“Trust me babe,” he chuckled, “tonight is going to beat every other night.”

I groaned and bit my lip, I knew he wouldn’t be wrong. Harry and I never had better sex then when he was about to leave. It was like we savored every moment more than usual and if he wanted to keep the video that badly then he could. But I’d at least make him work for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was long.

Let me know what you think :)

Thank you to every one who has commented on this story. Thank you to the silent readers as well...how about a hello?

Peace.Love.Summer

You are beautiful just the way you are...don't let anyone tell you differently.