Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Two

I watched as Harry walked through the doors holding the monitor in his hand, I propped myself up on my elbows as he neared the bed. He placed the monitor on the side table before crawling up the bed hovering over me.

“Hey.” He whispered and I smiled.

“Hey.” I whispered back, “did she go back down okay?”

“Not without a fight.” He chuckled, “she’s just like you. A complete fighter.”

I laughed softly before he moved a piece of hair off my face leaning down to kiss me gently. I laced my fingers through his hair and pulled him closer needing to feel him. He groaned as I scratched down his back softly, I moved to kiss down his neck and he moaned.

“God,” he breathed out, “this never gets old.”

I chuckled into his skin as my hands ran under his top, my fingertips tingled against his skin as they stroked his sides gently.

“You have no idea what you do to me do you?” he murmured as I placed soft kisses along his collarbone.

“Why don’t you tell me?” I mumbled into his skin and he let out a low chuckle.

He easily rolled us over so I was laying on his stomach, he ran a hand through my hair and I looked up at him. We were quiet for a moment, just watching each other until there was a snuffle on the monitor and we both snapped out heads to look at it. We both let out a breath of relief as the noise stopped signaling that it was just a noise Darcy had made in her sleep.

“You know you’ve never been more beautiful to me,” he told me and I raised an eyebrow at him, “you have always been beautiful to me, you know that, but since we had Darcy and I see you with her, you literally make my heart skip like 10 beats at a time.”

I laughed softly at him as he grinned, I reached out and stroked a curl off of his face and let my fingers play with his hair a few moments longer than necessary.

“It’s funny,” I paused and bit my lip, “I was only thinking that the other day. Everyone always says that there is nothing sexier than a man with a baby and I used to just laugh because to me there was nothing sexier than you with a microphone, preferably shirtless.”

He let out a laugh as I grinned.

“But you and Darcy…” I trailed off laughing at myself, “I feel bad about the thoughts I have of you when you’re with her. I mean surely it isn’t normal to have thoughts like that around your daughter?”

“Then we are both not normal.” He told me and I laughed.

I rolled off of him and looked up at the sky, he laced our fingers together before bringing my hand up to kiss the tattoo on the inside of my wrist. I bit my lip before using my spare hand to pull up the sleeve of his t-shirt, I placed a kiss to the date of Darcy’s birth that he had etched onto his skin. The tattoo was placed on the inside of his arm, he’d told the tattooist that it was so she would always be by his heart and the guy had nodded glancing over at Darcy and I who were watching on. Darcy was only a week old when we had taken her to the shop, we had been laughed at and Anne had scolded us for taking her there but we didn’t want to be parted.

“Do you still want a second?” Harry asked looking down at me and I sighed.

“Not right now,” I bit my lip and he nodded.

“Oh I know,” he chuckled, “Darcy is amazing and I love her so much but…”

“It’s hard enough to get time for the two of us as it is?” I finished for him and he laughed nodding.

“Does that make me a bad parent?” he asked and I shook my head.

“It makes you a lovely husband.” I told him and he grinned.

We fell into silence as we stared at the sky, Harry was stroking my hand lightly and I couldn’t help thinking about his question. It unfortunately reminded me of the thoughts that I had been being plagued with the past few weeks like I had whilst I was pregnant.

“Does it scare you?” I asked him my eyes glanced to the baby monitor to the side of us.

“Does what scare me?” Harry looked over at me as I went back to looking at the stars.

“Darcy,” I bit my lip, “does it scare you that one day she might hate us?”

“Why would she hate us?” He looked over at me his eyebrows furrowing together.

I didn’t say anything, he propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me curiously. I fidgeted under his gaze and glanced over to the monitor again quickly.

“B,” he moved some hair from my face, “why would she hate us?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged, “but what if she looks back on everything and thinks we messed up?”

I looked over at him as he bit his bottom lip, his eyebrows furrowed together listening to me but obviously confused.

“What if we mess up Harry?” I spoke softly, “what if I mess up?”

“Blair.” He sighed pulling me towards him and pressing a kiss to my head, “you aren’t her.”

“You don’t know that.” I pulled away from him shaking my head, “you can’t possibly know that.”

“Blair,” he looked down at me and I shook my head.

“I don’t know that Harry.” I bit my lip feeling the tears building up in my eyes, “I don’t know that. I’m so scared that I’m going to wake up one day and hurt her. That I’m going to completely destroy her like she did to me.”

He shook his head trying to get me to calm down as I sat up and balled my fists into my eyes.

“I’ll hate myself Harry. I’ll hate myself if I hurt her.” I shook my head and the tears were streaming down my face, “what if I’m exactly the same? What if I leave?”

“Blair.” He wrapped his arms around me sitting up next to me, “you are never going to hurt her.”

He kissed my head as I buried it in my knees that were tucked under my chin. I could feel Harry wrapped around me and he was kissing along my shoulder trying to calm me down but the tears kept coming. All I could see in my mind was Darcy crying like I had when I realized my mum was never coming back. The idea of her that upset made me feel like my body was being pulled apart.

“Blair, listen to me.” His voice was soft, “you are an amazing mother, Darcy loves you and you love her. Everything is going to be fine.”

I lifted my head to look at him, he wiped my tears before pressing a kiss to my lips gently.

“It’s all going to be okay.” He promised me and I bit my lip, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I whispered and he gave me a crooked smile.

“How can someone be so pretty whilst they cry?” he shook his head and I snorted which caused him to laugh, “attractive.”

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes with a small smile.

“Smile for me?” he rested his forehead against mine.

I pursed my lips and he prodded my side before I gave him a cheesy smile.

“For someone so pretty you need to practice smiling on demand.” He told me and I laughed shoving him away from me, “ah casual violence.”

I laughed softly before looking over at the baby monitor as Darcy started crying.

“I’ll go.” I stood up and he caught my wrist.

“We’ll go.” He told me softly, “we’re in this together B.”

He kept hold of my hand as we walked back inside our house and up the stairs straight to Darcy’s bedroom, I could hear her crying and I let go of Harry’s hand rushing forward and sweeping her up into my arms.

“Oh baby, don’t worry.” She buried her face in my neck as I rubbed her back softly, “mummy has you.”

I felt Harry rub my back softly as he walked behind me, he walked in front of me and pulled me towards his chest so that Darcy was between us. His arms went around me and I rested my head against his chest as we stood in our own family hug. Darcy was settling down when the doorbell went, I narrowed my eyes at the door as Darcy started crying again.

“I’ll go get that.” Harry sighed pressing a kiss to Darcy’s head, “I love you munchkin.”

I continued to bounce Darcy up and down and cuddle her close as I attempted to calm her back down. Eventually she fell back asleep and I placed her back in her bed tucking her in before pressing a last kiss on her head as I left. I closed the door and started down the stairs as I heard two very familiar voices join Harry’s.

“What the hell are you two doing here?” I glared at Niall and Louis who both beamed at me, “drop the smiles.”

“We came to hang out.” Louis told me.

“We brought beer.” Niall raised his arm and Harry crossed his arms watching on with an amused smile.

“So you disturbed our baby girl so we could have a couple of drinks?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Umm, we didn’t think we’d um.” He scratched the back of his neck.

“We’re sorry.” Louis finished for him, “is Darcy okay?”

“She’s fine.” I huffed.

“So…” Niall trailed off, “beer?”

“Come on B, beer.” Louis grinned.

“Yea, B.” Harry chuckled, “beer.”

I pursed my lips as Harry grinned obviously finding it funny that I was torn between being angry and wanting a drink.

“You’re still young B,” Louis grinned, “live a little.”

“I don’t know, what do you think Haz?” I asked him, “beer?”

“Beer.” He repeated and I laughed.

“Is it corona?” I asked and Niall grinned handing me a bottle, “did either of you two idiots remember the lime?”

They both looked at each other and Harry laughed.

“I take that as a no.” I shook my head.

“We have some in the kitchen.” Harry walked into the kitchen as we followed him.

I closed the door in an attempt to muffle the sound, I placed the bottle on the table before walking out the back door to grab the monitor from where we’d left it.

“You okay Blair?” Louis said behind me.

“Course.” I nodded and Louis rested his hand on my hip.

“You look like you’ve been crying.” He sounded concerned, “are you and Haz okay?”

“Of course we are.” I laughed softly, “just talking about things.”

“You know I’m here right?” Louis bit his lip and I nodded.

“Do you remember my mum?” I asked him and he cocked his head to the side his eyebrows pulled together.

“Why?” he asked and I bit my lip.

“I keep thinking about her.” I told him, “I don’t want to be like her.”

“You aren’t.” he told me pressing his forehead to mine.

“How are you so sure?” I asked and he sighed.

“You wouldn’t hurt Darce B.” he assured me, “if you want to know more about her talk to mum.”

“Do you really think she could tell me more that I know already?” I asked and he shrugged.

“They did used to be really good friends B, she might be able to help you.” He bit his lip, “she’d hate you to be getting upset if she could help.”

“Maybe I’ll give her a call.” I nodded.

“You should go see her,” he told me, “she’d love to see you and Darcy.”

“Alright.” I nodded, “thanks Lou.”

“I didn’t do anything.” He rested his arm around my shoulders.

“You were just Louis.” I told him, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” he smiled, “but you’re such an amazing mum that I can’t tell you off for being completely focused on your little one.”

I laughed softly bumping my shoulder against his before glancing threw the glass doors and seeing Harry throw his head back laughing at something Niall had said. He looked so effortlessly beautiful as he leant back against a worktop with a beer in one hand.

“He’s happy you know,” Louis smiled down at me watching as I looked at Harry, “Darcy makes him ridiculously happy. He calls you his girls.”

“Does he?” I laughed unable to hide my smile.

“Yea, he always goes on about his girls and how much he loves you two.” Louis told me and I smiled.

We walked back into the house and I wrapped my arms around Niall’s waist, he pressed a kiss to my forehead before handing me a beer. Harry fell into conversation with Louis and I watched as the three boys started talking about a song they had been working on. It felt natural for us all to be together, nothing had changed and as Harry caught my eye I knew he thought the same. We were all older, Harry and I had a baby girl but it was all the same. I drank my beer and my eyes glanced to the monitor.

“You worry too much.” Niall told me quietly and I shrugged.

“I’m a mum Niall, I’m meant to worry.” I told him and he chuckled.

Harry nodded at me and I smiled, we felt the same. As much as everything was the same we were both acutely aware that we had someone to worry about, someone to protect from everything and we were both willing to do anything for her. Harry and I weren’t the same anymore. We had never relied on each other more than we did now and that was saying something. We had to trust each other with the most precious thing in our lives, Darcy, and that changes a relationship. We had never been closer.

“B.” Harry whined and I giggled before moving into his awaiting arms.

“You two make me sick.” Niall groaned and Harry laughed.

Niall and Louis didn’t have to understand. Harry and I did and that was all that mattered. I looked up and Harry kissed my lips softly before resting his forehead against mine.

“You are nothing like her.” He promised me and I gave him a small smile not knowing whether I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The feedback is amazing.

They are so cute together, a perfect family of three! :)

Comments make me happy!

I am once again updating whilst drunk...I really need to stop doing this.

Peace.Love.McDonalds