Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Twentytwo

I bit my lip as I waited for him to pick the phone up. I was so angry and it was only getting worse with every ring that passed. I looked up to see Ed standing at the window, he gave me a curious look and I waved him off.

“Blair!” Harry sounded happy and I narrowed my eyes at the floor as I started to pace again, “I’m sorry about before, I love you and I’m sorry it’s just that I’m going crazy knowing I won’t see you and the munchkin in a while.”

“I’m over it.” I snapped at him.

“You sound angry.” He stated in a small voice, “I thought we could book your flight out here.”

“I’m not booking my flight tonight,” I told him, “right now I’m not booking my flight at all. I can’t see you I am that angry with you.”

“I thought you just said you were over it though?” he sounded confused, “why won’t you be booking a flight at all?”

“If I saw you right now I would kill you and Darcy needs to have at least one of us around.” I spat out.

“Ouch.” He still sounded confused.

“Do you have anything to tell me Harry?” I asked pursing my lips together.

“I don’t think so.” I could imagine him pulling his eyebrows together in confusion.

“Think about it Harry.” I growled at him, “think about it and when you’ve figured out why I might be this fucking angry at you ring me back. Don’t bother ringing if you haven’t worked it out.”

“I haven’t spoken to Darcy today though.” He sounded sad.

“Better start thinking then huh?” I spat out and hung up the phone.

I sank down onto the sofa and placed my head in my hands. I was shaking and I instantly hated myself for the way I spoke to him. I bit down on my lip as I flipped my phone over in my hands trying to figure out what I was going to do. I sighed and pressed on Harry’s name again.

“Blair,” his voice was soft as he answered on the first ring, “whatever I’ve done, I’m sorry.”

“I’ve never felt like this about you before.” I told him looking at my feet.

“I’m so confused right now B, what is going on?” he asked and I pressed my lips together for a moment.

“That’s a lie actually, the last time I felt like this was when I saw that picture of you kissing Ali.” I shook my head, “that feeling of gut wrenching betrayal and humiliation.”

“Talk to me Blair.” He sounded like he was about to cry.

“I bumped into Taylor today Harry.” I told him and he took a sharp breath in, “any closer to figuring out why I’m so angry?”

“I was going to tell you B, I was, I swear.” He rushed out and I snorted.

“I don’t know what I’m more angry about to be honest,” I mused, “the fact I had to hear it from her or that she’s going to be on tour with you.”

“Blair,” Harry sighed, “I’ve tried to fight this, I told them no but they booked her anyway.”

“She threw herself on you Harry.” I snapped at him, “She’s was dating Ed and she threw herself on you. He’s our best friend Harry! You don’t tell your management no you tell them to take a fucking hike.”

“I tried Blair.” He growled at I narrowed my eyes at the sign he was now getting angry.

“I’m not going on that tour if she’s there.” I told him, “I’m not having Darcy anywhere near her.”

“She’s my daughter Blair!” Harry exclaimed, “you can’t do that!”

“She’s my daughter to Harry,” I spat back, “Darcy is not spending a second with her. She’s venom Harry, you know she is and I hate her. God I hate her.”

“I know you hate her Blair but you can’t use Darcy like this.” He yelled at me and I pursed my lips knowing he was right, “I hate that she’s on this tour Blair, I really do but I can’t do anything about it.”

“Tell them you’re not going.” My calm tone surprised even me.

“What?” he sounded surprised.

“Tell them if she’s on that tour you won’t be.” I wasn’t sure if I was serious or not, “She’s a horrible person Harry and not only do I not trust her near Darcy I don’t trust her around you either.”

“You don’t have to trust her Blair, you have to trust me.” He sounded hurt and I pursed my lips, “this isn’t about Darcy is it?”

“Don’t do this Harry.” I shook my head, “don’t try and make this into me being crazy insecure. This isn't about that. You lied to me Harry.”

“I didn’t lie to you,” he sighed and I knew he was running his hand through his hair, making it stick up further as he took his frustration out on it.

“You might as well have!” I stood up and started pacing, “you just neglected to tell me she’d be on tour with you.”

“I didn’t want us to argue about it unnecessarily.” He tried to explain.

“So you were just not going to mention it? Hope I didn’t find out? Was that your grand plan?” I asked scrunching my eyebrows together at his stupidity whilst walking up and down the length of the studio.

“Well no. I was going to tell you.” He defended himself.

“When?” I questioned raising an eyebrow even though he couldn’t see me, “the day before you left for America?”

“When I saw you so I could cuddle you and do that thing where I stroke that anger line between your eyebrows away,” he explained, “then I’d kiss you and remind you how much I love you and tell you it was all going to be okay.”

“So you were going to try and talk your way out of it?” I pursed my lips.

“No,” he huffed, “not at all.”

“Kind of sounds like you were going to do all the things that you know distract me to work your way out of it. Did you plan on buying me daisies and roses as well? Maybe make sure I had a cup of tea nearby? Maybe even after we’d just finished making love?” I suggested, “you know, anytime I might have my guard down a bit.”

“Blair,” he groaned and I could imagine him rubbing his fingers into his forehead in frustration, “calm down please, stop beating me up over this and let’s talk about it calmly.”

I didn’t say anything for a moment as I stopped by the picture on the wall. It was of Ed, Harry and me, it was probably one of my favourite pictures ever and I couldn’t help reaching out and tracing over the smiles on our faces. We were all laughing and not paying attention to the camera that was on us. I was tucked under Ed’s arm and at a fleeting glance I suppose we looked like we were together but even though Harry’s head was thrown back as he laughed his hand remained on my knee his fingers laced with mine, my eyes were on him and we both had on our paper airplane tokens. I’d just performed a song with Ed on stage and as we came back into the dressing room and collapsed when Ed had made a comment about a fan fiction he’d been told about which included the three of us in a three way relationship. I couldn’t tell you what he’d said, I honestly didn’t remember but this picture summed up our relationship with Ed, it was easy and simple. Ed hadn’t started dating Taylor yet but it had been on the cards for a while, I’d warned him off of her but he’d gone for it away. He was normally so cautious but with her he truly threw caution to the wind and went against everything everyone told him. It was the only time I’ve hated myself for being right.

“Ed’s your best friend Harry,” My voice was even, “he’s also my best friend and we both know he’s still broken up about what she did to him. Do you really think he’s going to be alright with you travelling around America with her?”

“B,” He trailed off and sighed heavily.

“He’s Darcy’s godfather Haz.” I shook my head, “it’s wrong.”

“Blair I told you this isn’t something I have control over.” He groaned, “I’ve tried.”

“Try harder.” I snapped and then took a deep breath in, “god I’m angry.”

“I’m sorry about this B.” He sighed, “I really am.”

I heard a voice in the background and Harry growled lowly.

“You due on?” I asked biting my lip.

“Meet and greet.” He replied and I hummed.

“You better go then.” I told him.

“I guess.” He agreed and we sat in silence for a moment, “are you still angry at me?”

“Fuming.” I told him but my voice was back to normal, “honestly though, I’m more hurt than anything.”

“I’m sorry,” he said so softly that it tugged on my heartstrings, I knew he was sorry but I wasn’t sure if I was ready to forgive him.

“Ring me after the concert.” I sighed heavily.

“I’ll skype after the meet and greet so I can speak to munchkin before she goes to bed.” He told me.

“Alright.” I nodded even though he couldn’t see me.

“I love you Blair, I really do.” He sounded desperate and I knew he was scared of my response.

“I love you to Haz,” I sighed, “even if I don’t particularly like you right this second.”

“I’ll take love over like anyday.” He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Go make some girls smile,” I pursed my lips together.

“I’d rather make you smile.” He told me and I let out a low chuckle as I tried to hold it back.

“You’re so lame.” I shook my head and the sides of my lips twitched.

“I hate this,” he groaned.

“Being away from each other or arguing?” I asked, “cause you’re probably lucky you aren’t here right now, I’d probably be beating you sensless.”

“That angry?” he asked, “scale of 1 to 10.”

“I’m so passed that scale I can’t even see it anymore.” I told him and I heard him take a sharp inhale of breath.

There was another voice and Harry growled.

“Speak in an hour Haz.” I reminded him.

“An hour.” He confirmed.

We hung up and I fell back onto the sofa massaging my temples for a moment before getting up and walking back up to the house. As I opened the door to the lounge I saw Darcy laughing happily as she sat on Ed’s lap whilst he played the guitar over the top of her. She beamed as she saw me and I grinned back before walking forwards and grabbing her from Ed’s lap. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I buried my face into shoulder. She smelt sweet like she’d eaten too many strawberries and her skin was soft against mine, she was so perfect that sometimes I had to pinch myself that she was real. That she was mine.

“Is everything okay Blair?” Ed asked and I looked up and grave him a weak smile.

“Course it is,” I rubbed Darcy’s back as she sat up in my arms looking at me.

“Daddy?” She asked softly and I bit my lip.

“Daddy is going to ring to speak to you soon,” I stroked her cheek, “he loves you so much baby, so much.”

I pressed a kiss to her forehead and she was looking at me sadly. She knew he wasn’t here, I could tell in her eyes that she knew he wouldn’t be back for a while and that broke my heart.

“Tea time?” Ed broke the silence and I nodded.

We walked into the kitchen with Darcy walking in front of us. Ed wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pressed a kiss to the side of my forehead.

“It’s going to be okay B,” he mumbled into my skin and I bit my lip.

“I know,” I walked over to the fridge to grab some orange juice for Darcy, “it has to be.”

“Whatever it is, you and Harry will sort it out together.” He smiled at me, “it’s what you do.”

Feeding Darcy was easier than usual because she tends to do whatever Ed wants her to do so when Harry rang to talk she had eaten and was waiting patiently to talk to him.

“I haven’t said anything to Ed.” I told him as I spoke to him in our room before bringing the laptop downstairs.

“Good.” Harry massaged his temple, “hey, I can’t see you!”

“I’ll turn it on when I get downstairs,” I smiled and he groaned.

“I want to see you,” he whined and I laughed.

I pressed the camera button and giggled as he clapped whilst I fluffed my hair up.

“You look beautiful.” He told me and I rolled my eyes.

“You need to quit wearing all black.” I pursed my lips together and he chuckled.

“Why’s that?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t pretend you don’t know.” I tutted and he grinned.

“Oh but I don’t.” He was smiling and I knew he did.

“It makes me want to have sex with you.” I huffed and then narrowed my eyes at him, “but I’m still really pissed off at you.”

“Angry sex is great.” Harry smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s go talk to Darcy, she needs to go to bed soon.” I started walking down the stairs and Harry sang a song I didn’t recognize under his breath, “what’s that?”

“A song Louis and I are working on,” he shrugged and I put the laptop on the table.

“Hey munchkin, over here.” I beckoned her over and she eyed me skeptically as she remained sat in front of Ed, I chuckled at her reluctance to leave him, “Daddy wants to talk to you baby.”

“Darcy!” Harry called with a huge smile on his face.

Darcy shot up from her position and ran towards the computer tripping on the edge of the rug and landing with a thump on her knees. Her bottom lip started to wobble and her eyes found mine as I gave her a soft smile.

“You’re alright baby,” I assured her and she looked at me curiously, “I promise, it’s just a little bump, come here and I’ll kiss it better. Daddy will kiss it better to all the way from Paris!”

That seemed to please her as she stood up and walked over to me, I kissed her forehead before pressing a kiss to each of her jean clad knees.

“Daddy!” She squealed as she saw him on the screen.

“Hey munchkin!” The smile on his face made my heart hurt.

Darcy settled in my lap as she listened to Harry tell her all about the people who he’d met at the meet and greet and the questions they’d asked about her. He held up some presents fans had made of brought for her and the smile on her face didn’t move an inch. She kept leaning forward and stroking the screen where Harry’s face was and every time she’d pout when she realize he wasn’t really there. I was angry at Harry still and I was going to be fuming about the whole situation for a while but I’d book my flights tonight, I’d book them because even though I’ve never been this angry at him, never felt so betrayed by him keeping it from me and never felt been this pissed off with management for doing this he was still my husband. He was still my Harry and he was still Darcy’s Dad and as I watched her giggle at something he said I knew she missed him as much as he missed her and it would be ridiculously selfish of me to not allow her to see him. It was as I thought about this though that I realize that I was going to have to take Darcy to America when Harry went, I was going to have to face Taylor whether I liked it or not.

“Cup of tea?” Ed asked as he broke off his conversation with Harry.

“Yes please.” I smiled

“Yes pwease!” Darcy clapped and Harry laughed.

“She is so our child.” He grinned at I smiled planting a kiss on the top of her head.

“Our little munchkin,” I cuddled her and Harry smiled sadly at me.

I might have to see Taylor but that didn’t mean I had to be nice to her. I was going to make her hate every single second of the tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just got tickets to see One Direction in Manchester next June...pretty much made my day even though I have the mother of all hangovers. I realised the other day as I re read this story from the beginning that I seem to have hangovers all the time...made me reassess my life for about a day until someone suggested going out and I was like 'eh, fuck it!'

Alright, rambling aside! I would like to make a formal apology for how shit i am at updating currently. I' back home again and when I'm home I actually have to go and work unlike at uni when all i do is eat, drink, write and sleep. So that is why I've been a bit AWOL recently.

Let me know what you think :) I think this story is going to run to about 35 chapters-ish. Then I'll have to say goodbye for good to my whole world of characters that I have in my head. I have been working on a couple of other ideas and yea...

I'm such a rambler. I aplogise again.

Peace.Love.FuckingHeadaches!