Status: Writing <3

Isn't She Lovely?

Seven

“The pieces of my heart are missing you.” I sung softly stopping to write down a note change before placing my hands back over the piano keys.

I closed my eyes and went back to the beginning of the song, it felt good to be sat here again and I was scribbling down another line to a song when the door opened. I spun around to see Louis grinning at me, I rolled my eyes at him knowing exactly why he was smiling like that.

“You’re in here.” He couldn’t keep the grin off his face.

“I’m in here.” I nodded.

“You haven’t written since Darcy was born.” He sat down and I nodded again.

“Finding the old Blair.” I smiled and he chuckled.

“I think we are to alike sometimes.” He told me and I cocked my head to the side, “I was coming here to ask you to do me a favour with the hopes that the favour would also help you find yourself again.”

“Shoot.” I smiled.

“Okay,” he cleared his throat and looked nervous.

Louis didn’t do nervous. In my whole life I think I’d seen him nervous about 6 times including when he met up with his Dad for the first time in years, before he left the morning of my wedding and before he asked Eleanor to marry him. I sat to the side and leant forward grabbing his hands.

“It’s just me Louis,” I chuckled, “what’s up?”

“Will you write a song for us?” he asked and I scrunched my eyebrows together, “for El and I to dance to.”

“You want me to write you a song?” I asked and he nodded.

“Our first dance song.” He clarified and I gaped at him.

“That’s a big deal Lou.” I said quietly.

“I know, but I came up with it and spoke to El and now we both can’t get the idea out of our heads.” He chuckled, “I wanted to ask you a while ago but I know you haven’t written in a long time so I didn’t know…and then we spoke about finding yourself again and well…”

“Of course I will.” I told him grinning, “I’d love to.”

“Oh thank god.” He relaxed into the chair and I laughed softly before stopping shortly.

“Does this mean you two are getting married soon?” I asked and he chuckled.

“You sound like my mum.” He laughed and I rolled my eyes at him.

“But seriously.” I bit my lip and he grinned.

“We haven’t set a date date…” he trailed off and I nodded gesturing for him to continue, “we’ve just started talking about it, that’s it B.”

“Talking about it.” I leant back in my chair, “you two have been together for like ever. You’re perfect together! What’s there to stop you? Quit talking about it and start planning it!”

“Not everyone is like you and Harry.” Louis’s jaw tightened, “not all of us can move forward like you two do.”

“What?” I scrunched my eyebrows together.

“Forget it B.” he stood up, “El and I are good at the moment. We’re talking about getting married, you and mum can stop discussing it.”

“Lou…” I started and he walked out the room.

I watched him walk up the garden towards the house my mouth parted, I had no idea what had just happened. I stood up and walked out the studio and up the garden following Louis, I opened the door to see Harry shaking his head and Louis walking out the front door.

“What’s his problem?” I asked Harry who shrugged, “what aren’t you telling me?”

“I love you.” He walked over to me and put his hands on my hips, “so much.”

“Harry.” I sighed and he pressed soft kisses down my neck.

“You are so amazing.” He mumbled into my skin.

“What is going on with Louis Harry?” I asked and remained motionless as Harry continued to pepper kisses along my skin.

“You taste like strawberries.” He licked my collarbone and normally that would have been enough for me to throw him against the wall and have him.

“Harry Styles.” I snapped, “what do you know?”

He groaned into my skin.

“Can I not just kiss you?” he asked and I huffed, “Blair, you know I can’t tell you.”

“Harry.” I pushed him off me, “we’re married.”

“I know.” He held up his left hand, “I was there. Black tux, daisy buttonhole and hair a bit more tamed remember?”

“Yea, I do.” I nodded crossing my arms, “so you should tell me what you know. We aren’t meant to keep secrets.”

“But this isn’t my secret.” He bit his bottom lip, “Louis is my best friend too B and I’m not going to tell you what I know when he hasn’t told you and therefore obviously doesn’t want you to know.”

“That is so stupid.” I huffed crossing my arms and Harry chuckled.

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me so my face was in his chest. We both knew he was right, that if Louis really wanted me to know he’d tell me and as hard as it was for me to accept Harry was right to not tell me. I stomped my foot in annoyance and Harry just laughed.

“I hate you being right.” I mumbled into his chest.

“I know.” His voice was amused, “I love it. I never get to be right.”

“That’s cause you’re stupid.” I pouted but wrapped my arms around him, “Louis asked me to write a song for his and El’s wedding.”

“Really?” he asked and I nodded, “but you haven’t written anything since Darcy was born.”

“I know.” I bit my lip, “I’m kind of nervous about it.”

Harry hummed and we both stood cuddling for a while with his head rested on mine.

“Just write what you would have wanted someone to sing at our wedding.” Harry suggested, “what would you say about us.”

“What would you say about us?” I asked pulled away and looking up at him.

“I’d be here all day.” He smiled softly, “but I know that nowhere else feels like home and that’s a pretty big deal when you travel like Lou and I do.”

“Home.” I said softly and he nodded resting his forehead against mine.

“Home.” He repeated.

I went on my tip toes and kissed him, I felt him smile against my lips before backing me towards the wall and his hands went under my tshirt. I groaned as he unhooked my bra and his hands moved forward to run over my breasts causing me to gasp into his mouth. My hands went to go down his trousers but he grabbed them and put them above my head holding both hands with one of his. I moaned as he moved from my lips and down my neck kissing the spot on my neck that made me come completely undone, I arched my back into him and he chuckled.

“Harry,” I groaned, “this isn’t fair.”

“What isn’t fair baby?” he pulled my top of and pressed soft kisses over my breasts.

“I want to touch you.” I groaned and closed my eyes and his mouth covered my nipple.

“Tough.” His voice was husky and I let out a quiet moan.

His lips moved further down my body and I could hear my breathing as it got louder, just as Harry was pulling down my jeans the baby monitor made a sound.

“Daddy!” Darcy called causing both Harry and I to groan.

“She is so your daughter right now.” I huffed and he chuckled resting his forehead against mine.

“I’ll try and get her back to sleep.” He promised, “her nap isn’t over yet.”

“Daddy! Daddy!”

Harry gave me a slow kiss that made the hairs on my arms stand up before pulling away and smirking as he walked towards our daughter.

“Hey babygirl.” His voice came through the monitor, “you should go back to sleep, mummy and daddy need you to go back to sleep baby.”

I giggled as I listened to him coo words at her.

“Okay, we’ll sit on the floor for a couple of minutes but then you are back in that bed.” He told her and I grinned.

The doorbell went and I pursed my lips together curiously before walking to the door. I checked my reflection in the mirror as I did the clasp of my bra back up, I pulled my hair from behind my ear before moving to the door and opening it. My heart stopped in an instant, I knew exactly who this was without her even saying anything and I felt sick to my stomach.

“Blair,” her voice was soft, as soft as the times she had come into my room and assured me that my nightmares weren’t real.

“No.” I shook my head and she sighed.

Her hair was dirty blonde just like mine was; it was a bit shorter than mine and was polka straight. Her eyes were dark brown and she had a sprinkling of freckles on the ridge of her nose. She was taller than me but definitely shorter than Harry and I couldn’t help but notice that she was wearing a ring on her wedding finger. Her clothes were different to how I ever recall her wearing before, they were fitted and monochrome whereas she had always worn flowing colourful dresses when I was growing up and she was wearing a pair of heels. She looked different but at the same time exactly the same, it was the weirdest feeling in the world.

“Baby you’ve grown up so well.” She smiled and I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Go away.” I shook my head, “I don’t know how you managed to find me but you should forget you know where I am and walk away.”

“Blair.” I could hear the begging tone in her voice but I shook my head, “can we at least talk?”

“No.” I told her, “I have nothing to say to you.”

“I see you got married.” She started, “I’d love to meet Harry.”

“No,” I narrowed my eyes at her, “you don’t even get to say his name.”

“You seem happy together, I’ve followed you in the news.” She smiled hopefully despite my angry gaze.

“We are.” I told her coldly, “are you leaving now?”

“B Darcy keeps asking for…” Harry looked at my mother and placed a hand on my waist obviously noticing my angry stance, “is everything okay?”

“I’m Diana,” My mum smiled at Harry, “Blair’s mum.”

I felt Harry physically stiffen at her words and he pushed me backwards slightly so he was just standing in front of me.

“Why are you here?” he asked his voice loosing all warmth, the muscles in his back tensed and I watched as he pulled himself up to his full height. Just as I had thought he towered over my mum easily.

“I came to see Blair.” She spoke quietly obviously stunned by his reaction.

“Well she obviously doesn’t want you here.” He told her and I laced my fingers through his squeezing them in agreement with his statement. I pressed my face into his back trying to gather as much comfort from him as I could.

“Mummy!” a little voice yelled out and I knelt down picking up my daughter as she reached us, my heart was pounding at the idea of my baby being anywhere near her.

“Oh is this my granddaughter?” my mother cooed reaching out and I stepped back.

I felt the anger surge through me, how dare she think she had any claim over Darcy. It was bad enough that the public did but my mother, the woman who had walked out on me, had no claim at all over her. She didn’t even deserve to breathe the same air as someone as innocent and perfect as Darcy and the fact she was reaching out to touch her made my skin crawl. I hated the way she was looking at her, she was looking at her like Anne and Jay did which made me more angry. They had every right to, they were her family but my mum was not family. Not at all.

“No.” I shook my head, “we aren’t anything to you.”

I cradled my little girl closer to me holding her tightly as she looked curiously at my mother. Harry stepped in front of us shielding us from her gaze as if he sensed my distain for her being able to see our daughter.

“I think it’s time you left.” He told her and interrupted her as she went to speak again, “I will call my security.”

She closed her mouth before nodding and peeking around the Harry shaped wall at Darcy and I. I turned away and walked inside the house away from the door. I heard Harry close the door shortly after as I placed Darcy in her crib.

“Please have a nap for mummy baby.” I stroked her hair speaking softly to her.

Darcy yawned but fought to keep her eyes open until Harry stood the other side stroking her hair as well, she then fell asleep. We stood watching her silently for a while before Harry checked the monitor was on and took my hand in his walking out the room closing the door quietly behind us. He then wrapped his arms around me holding me close as I buried my face in his chest, I had started to cry and didn’t realise until Harry’s shirt was wet on my face. He was stroking my hair softly just like we had done to Darcy and he was placing soft kisses on the side of my head trying to calm me down.

“How did she find us?” I asked him quietly and he sighed.

“I guess it wasn’t hard,” he bit his lip, “we hardly fly under the radar.”

“Why now?” I sniffed, “why not years ago?”

“I don’t know baby,” he shook his head playing with our interlaced fingers, “I don’t know.”

“She isn’t going near Darcy.” I felt my jaw tighten, “I don’t want her anywhere close to her.”

“She won’t.” Harry promised, “she won’t be close to either of you.”

He sounded so sure and I was still shaking. I followed him as he moved us into our bedroom, he laid down and pulled me with him. We laid facing each other with me curled into him and him around me. My head that had been racing minutes ago started to quieten down as I listened to the beat of his heart.

“I’m here baby,” he whispered into my hair, “everything is going to be okay.”

I kept my eyes closed as he carried on whispering promises to me, I just clung onto him and tried to concentrate on his heartbeat. When I was with Harry laying together and resting I was usually able to be at peace. He was normally the perfect antidote to my racing mind but even his heartbeat and softly spoken words weren’t stopping my mind as the quiet that had started to form suddenly got louder. My mum had just knocked on my door and come waltzing back in my life whether I wanted her to or not. I knew she’d be back, that she’d knock on my door again or turn up somewhere where I was. It wasn’t like I was hard to find, there were constant twitter updates of my location and I’m sure she’d be able to track me down if she wanted to. The look in her eye told me she would, I knew that look as I’d seen it in myself so many times. She wasn’t going to give up and Harry wouldn’t always be there to ward her away.

“Blair.” He tilted my face up to his, his eyes locked on mine and suddenly became sadder as he saw the pain that I knew was written all over my face, “we’re in this together. You’re not going through this alone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta da! The drama has started!

Oh god, I have been drinking for the past 9 hours because in my family a religious holiday such as Easter should be marked with copious amounts of alcohol. The irish in us really comes out as my dad congratulates me for my drinking abilities, i swear he is prouder of them then any mark i get at uni. My head hurts as my hangover has already begun so hopefully when I got to sleep I'll wake up hangover free...that would be nice. Anyway, I wrote half of this chapter when I was still slightly drunk so I apologuse if it only makes sense in my head.

Let me know what you think!

Love a bit of protective Harry...he is so beautiful someone should clone him.

Peace.Love.DontBeASilentReader