Status: I'm juggling school, volunteering, photograghy, drawing, and more so please be patient but yeah active.

You Ain't the Only Ones Who Want to Live it Up

Recording Isn't As Fun As It Seems

Jack POV:

"Let's record drums, bass, guitar and if we have time main vocals." said Paul, the dude that's supposed to help us record.

We were in his recording studio, recording Last Flight Home. It was pretty amazing recording in that studio. It felt so professional sitting in that small,transparent glass room, just playing.

Rian sat there and began playing while Alex and I waited and watched in the small back room. Zack was late. I couldn't help but giggle at Rians intense faces.

Alex saw me laughing, leaned over letting me smell his minty breath, and whispered "His head looks like a dancing potato." I stared for a few seconds until I realized just how right it was. My laughter grew and grew and soon enough Alex and I were straight out rolling on the floor howling with laughter.

Rian saw us laughing and gave us the finger during one of his breaks. Alex mouthed "Potato" and Rian mouthed "Fuck you". As he did so he missed a beat.

Paul stopped recording, marched out of the editing room, promptly opened the door and began yelling at Alex and I. "Interrupting my recording! So rude! Haven't seen so much insolence in years! Clearly unprofessional!" he muttered angrily.

"We're truly sorry." I say trying to salvage the situation while choking back laughter. As I'm about to finish the sentence Alex whispers sweetly "Potato." and I start laughing especially after looking into that glass window and seeing Rians pissed potato shaped face.

Paul looked at us a one hard look and stormed back into the editing room, muttering all the way as he asked Rian to begin again.

This time we really did try not to interrupt but looking at Rians face as he hit those drumheads made us start again. My stomach already hurt from laughing that much. I just couldn't stop.

Rian finished recording and promptly came up to us and said "You assholes! What the fuck is wrong with you?" But he was laughing as he said it so we knew he wasn't too serious. "You look like a anime character, do you know that?!" He yelled at Alex choking back laughter.

Alex made a dramatic offended look and I hugged and pulled him closer as I jokingly said "Don't worry baby, I love you and your anime face. Don't listen to that mean potato."

Rian seethed again then jokingly wagged his finger at us as he hollered "No PDA!" as Alexs and my lips got closer and met. He tasted like a perfect blend of strawberries and something else I can only describe as Alex. I couldn't get enough of it. I felt him smile during our kiss and that made me smile.

We broke of as Rian yelled like a tiny school girl "Ewwwww! You'll get cooties!" in mock disgust.

"You know you want these cooties" Alex said as he made a suductive pose and smirked, looking so adorably sexy. "Come over here and let me kiss you." He winked and started to chase Rian yelling "Get your potato face over here now!".

The room was pretty small and soon enough they were running circles around me,Rian hiding behind me and Alex chasing him. "No your cooties are gross! I only want Cass's cooties!" Rian hollered.

Alex suddenly lunged forward tackling me and successfully making Rian fall.

"Ha! You know what? I don't need you, Rian. I have my amazing adorable Lebanese boyfriend!" Alex said gleefully.

"Aw I'm so glad I have my hot cute English boyfriend." I say. Alex was still on top of me as he whispered "I love you so much."

Just at that moment Paul entered, giving me and Alex a disgusted look as he said " Stop yelling and calm down. I can't work if I have to babysit you idiots!"

"We'll be quiet, I swear." Alex mutters.

"You'd better. I want to record guitar now."

I pushed Alex over to the floor ignoring his complaints as I walked over to the recording room following a extremely grouchy Paul who handed me my earphones and told me to play from the start.

I took the guitar and started to stroke it gently listening to Zack and Rians recording playing in the earphones. As I started to really get into it I made the mistake of looking through the glass window and seeing Alex,Rian, and Zack (who came and managed to finish recording while Alex Rian and I basically fooled around).

Alex caught my eye and mouthed "Potato.". Rian smacked his arm playfully as I started laughing again. I couldn't help it. He just looks like a potato!

I tried to stop looking at Alex and instead looked at the other window where Paul was, looking even more furious than earlier. He mouthed something I couldn't understand and I mouthed back "What?".

As I waited for him to respond I looked back to the other window and saw Alex smiling at something Zack said. His hair was slightly tousled and it looked exactly like sex hair. I just wanted to run my finger through it,messing it up more.

Paul suddenly shook me and I jumped.

"You just stopped playing suddenly! Stop daydreaming!" He yelled. "Start over." Then he stomped of again to the editing room, muttering under his breath about inexperienced children.

This time I kept my eyes trained on the floor, listened and focused closely and tried to make the chords perfect.  I'm happy to say I succeeded.

Or so I thought. Paul still wasn't happy with it. He asked me to play it again 10 times, saying it wasn't my fault but a problem with the timing or something. Finally he said we'd work on it next week.

He even said we might need to record everything again including the Rian and Zack bits. When I checked the time I was surprised to see it was already 9pm.

We'd need there for 7 hours and what have we done?

Nothing. It was insanely frustrating.

At the end looking quite tired and angry, Paul gathered us and told us we needed a manager. Well his exact words were "You need someone to shut you up when I'm trying to work so perhaps a manager will work.".

We all agreed dutifully but we felt quite lost. How were we supposed to find one?

Finally he let us go and we all pulled Zacks old beat up car and began the drive home. In the car with Blink as our soundtrack we discussed the tour manager thing.

I let my mind drift. Recording. Bands make it sound so fun, like it's everyone's dream. I never knew it was so hard and stressful.

We spent 7 hours recording and we still have to redo everything. How long will it take to finish recording this song, let alone the entire EP?

It would take months. I recalled Alex's sudden epiphany last week, playing musyc forever,as a job.

To be honest, it sounded perfect. Then again Zack was right when he talked about school and careers. This could also not work and we'd be stuck with no career or degree. But what if it worked?

We'd be missing a amazing chance. What if recording took longer then we thought and we'd have to go to college and miss out on doing what we love?

Maybe Alex was on to something when he said we should tell our parents as soon as possible so they know it's a possibility and a great one that we might not go to college. The more I thought about it the more I realized it's a good idea to let the parents know.

"Guys I think we should let the parents know now about our plans." I say. I begin to explain before they start arguing and soon they agree with me.

We decide to arrange a meeting with all the parents,Alex looking down at the mention of parents meeting.

After agreeing Alex changed the subject back to the tour manager problem and this time I did participate in the debate and say "It should be someone our age." Imagine touring with someone older or younger. It would suck.

We started toss names and agreed finally to ask Matt Flyzik the dude from lunch who helped us decide on the album. He managed to shut us up and help us make a decision. He also mentioned he wants to be a band manager.

I finally for the first time in a while feel a sense of accomplishment and maybe even a glint of hope for the future.

For the first time I didn't feel slightly triggered. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another (pretty long) chapter! So this chapter wasn't supposed to exist but thanks to me messing up the layout again here it is. I kinda like it :) idk it was fun to write.

Anyway I'm going to try to update every week (probably on Thursday Fridayish and to make every update more than 1000 words. Hopefully I'll actually do it but no promises.

So hope you guys like the chapter, comment and everything?