Status: I'm juggling school, volunteering, photograghy, drawing, and more so please be patient but yeah active.

You Ain't the Only Ones Who Want to Live it Up

Broken or Not

Jack POV:

I couldn't stop crying.
He left me. Just walked away. I thought he loved me. I just kept sitting there on the swing sobbing. I don't know how long I stayed there.

But I didn't want to leave. Leaving, going home, telling my parents would make it official, real. Right now I could still pretend.

"Oh Alex, yeah my boyfriend, he loves me, he'll never leave me, soon he'll come comfort me, he just left for a second." I muttered softly, trying to delude myself that it wasn't a lie. It was easier than facing the truth.

"Are you ok?" A accented Scottish voice asked.

For a second I wondered what he saw. A lanky, teenager crying on a swing talking to himself. He probably thought I was crazy.

I looked up to see the source of the voice. He was around twenty years old, with brown hair in a fringe covering his blue eyes. He gave me a smile through his concerned look.

"Yeah I'm fine."I said drying my eyes and trying to smile.

"Are you sure? You don't look fine. What's going on?"

He sat down on the swing next to me, the one Alex always sat on. He looked at me and I saw all the concern and worry. He handed me a tissue.

"It's just my boyfriend left me. I don't know what I did wrong. I though we loved each other." I said through the tears.

"Oh that sucks. You look like a amazing dude, I'm positive its his loss. Its getting late,do you want me to walk you somewhere or call a cab or something?" He smiled again, he had a cute smile but it was nothing next to Alexs amazing smile.

"I need to get home. I'll walk."

"Cool, which direction? I'm not stalking or something, I'm just worried about you." He laughed awkwardly as I smiled and we began walking.

I learned he was twenty years old, worked at a shop, and loved music. He was a great guy but everything he did reminded me of Alex. The way he pushed back his fringe, the passion as he talked about music, it was just like Alex and that killed me inside.

He was really funny though and we got along great. When we reached my house, he gave me his number, with his name Mark Robb written in a scrawled handwriting, nothing like Alex's tidy writing.

I was about to refuse, but he said "As friends, I'm straight and I plan to marry Ke$ha. You seem like a great guy and I'd love for us to talk more. I just moved here from Scotland and I'd love to make more friends." He trailed off as I smiled and traded phone numbers.

I walked into the house preparing to tell my mom the news about Alex. The second I opened the door my mom ran to the door talking in a high pitched panicked voice

"Jack where have you been? It's 9pm! You couldn't call could you? Where's Alex? His things are gone! He just disappeared! Do you know where he went? Why are you crying?"

My mom continued to shoot questions as I choked out "Alex broke up with me. He went home."

"Went home? To his abusive father? That can't be right! Are you sure? That's dangerous! How did you let him go?"

She was right. Guilt hit me again as I realized Alex could get hurt. The only reason his dad wasn't in jail right now is because Alex begged us not to tell the authorities. But he could hurt him now. And I couldn't do anything about it.

If my mom knew how dangerous it could be, she'd tell the police who'd fine him for child abuse and Alex would be put in a foster home. He'd hate that. I don't want him to suffer because of me.

"Mom it's not dangerous, he talked to his father. His father regrets everything."

"Well either way could you tell him our house is always open."

"Ok mom."I walked up to my room, trying to ignore the fact Alex's room was empty. I curled up on my bed and went to sleep.

I dreamt Alex was running around school and I was trying to catch him but the faster I ran the faster he ran. Finally he just disappeared. I woke up unsettled.

I rolled around and saw the picture of Alex and I from a show this summer. His smile brightened the entire picture. I wanted to run my fingers through his hair.

Then it hit me again like a punch to the gut. Alex broke up with me. Just realizing that killed me again.

Sighing, I left my bed already wanting to return, threw on some jeans and a old Green Day t-shirt and quickly straightened my hair and brushed my teeth.

I went downstairs to find Joe eating breakfast. He said good morning as I muttered "No it isn't." Then he promptly asked about Alex's whereabouts.

"He left the house ok?!" I yelled.

This was going to be a bad day.

I grabbed my bag and stomped out of the house. Getting into the car and opening the radio, Going Away To College started playing. My thoughts immediately turned to Alex. I tried to urgently stop it but my car radio wasn't responding. It wouldn't stop playing that god damned song. I muttered angrily and closed the radio.

A angry silence met me. I drove to school dreading the day that was ahead of me. As I parked the car I saw Alex leave his dads car.

He was smiling as he closed the door and said "I love you too dad." I could see the pride in his voice. He doesn't need me or my family's help.

I'm so selfish to make him stay with me. I sighed as he caught glimpse of me and started speed walking to the school.

Homeroom was as dull as usual. While Ms Jardine took attendance, I scanned Alex for any bruises or cuts. His jeans fit his long legs perfectly accenting his butt. His Blink t-shirt was loose on his slight frame. He was looking intently at Ms Jardine, brown fringe hiding his forehead. He always joked on how much he hated it. He looked amazing as usual. Even better I couldn't see any sign of abuse.

The day continued along. Everyone kept talking about the prom. I always thought Alex and I would go together but apparently not. They were selling tickets. Whatever.

At lunch Alex sat at the side of the table and talked animatedly to Matt about something. I was about to say hi or something but when he saw me he immediately turned his head. I sat down at the other side of the table and started talking to Rian pretending I wasn't offended.

He asked about Alex and I and the only response I could give was to shrug and say "We broke up."

I started to change the subject when this girl from my class, Emma came up to me shyly and said "Um so I was wondering if you'd want to go maybe to prom with me?"

She looked down shyly. Alexs eyes flashed up then he looked at me expecting for me to refuse. So now he can look at me?

Emma looked at me waiting for a answer. "Its ok if you don't want to, I get it."

She was kinda cute, with sleek brown hair, and brown hazel eyes.

"No wait! I'll go with you." I said as she was about to turn around.

She smiled and said "Great! We'll talk about the arrangements and everything later, I don't want to interrupt you guys."

Alex stared at me angrily and then stomped out.

Rian was the first to break the silence as he asked "What was that?"

My temper flared up again as I answered "So he can break up with me, ignore me and I can't go to prom with a girl?"

Rian answered "You know? Do whatever you want, I just hope you know best for yourself." We continued to chat like nothing happened. But it felt fake.

After school Emma and I arranged everything, from the corsage to the color of her dress.

I always thought I'd go to prom with Alex and no one else. That was before he broke up with me.

After finishing with Emma, my mom and I went tux buying. My mom thankfully didn't comment on the fact I wasn't going with Alex.

And the days started to go by.

Every day I missed Alex more and more. Everything reminded me of him. I felt like someone craved a piece of me out. I couldn't be myself with out him.

People told me I was getting more and more sullen and depressed. I guess I didn't really care.

But I didn't cut. No matter how angry and hurt I was because of Alex I wouldn't cut. Whenever I was tempted to I reminded myself of Alex. Broken up or not he was helping me.

And soon enough the day of the prom came. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So another early update thanks to moriarty (I'm on my iPod so I can't check the username but it's you :D) and JalexIsMyLife. A few things:
-I WILL FIX THEM IN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS. IT WILL HAPPEN. I'M TRYING TO.
-Sorry for sticking mark here. He's one of my favorite YouTubers (check him out markisrealbored) and he said my name and strummed about atl so I had to put him in my fanfic :D
-Thanks again for being awesome and reading this! Comments are welcome and make me update early ^_^