Status: I'm juggling school, volunteering, photograghy, drawing, and more so please be patient but yeah active.

You Ain't the Only Ones Who Want to Live it Up

Prom Time

Alex POV:

I frowned at the mirror as I tried for the thousandth time to make my bow tie look decent. It felt impossible. It just wouldn't look straight!

"Stupid god damn tie." I muttered as I tried again. I looked at the time.

In ten minutes Lisa was supposed to come do we could go to prom together. My dad arranged it. I didn't really want to but my dad told me about how important it is for him.

To be honest I just wanted to stay home, read about space, and play video games.

To be even more honest, the thing I wanted the most was Jack. I missed him so much. I ruined it, I ruined it all. He replaced me so easily. Was I that replaceable?

Prom was supposed to be the two of us, going together. But apparently a day after we break up, he finds someone new.

It had been a few days since that day in the cafeteria but I couldn't stop replaying it in my head. I wanted to talk to him. I really did. Just to hear his voice.

But when he looked at me I saw the pain in his eyes, the pain I caused. I couldn't be with him, my dad wouldn't allow it. If we started talking I wouldn't be able to stop without begging for him to take me back. I'd just hurt him more and more. I couldn't do that. I love him so much.

But I just can't.

I sighed again at the mirror, adjusted my hair, and tried to fix my bow tie without much success before leaving the bathroom.

"Alex look at you!" My dad gushed making me smile. "Looking all grown up. Prom. Remember when we went to prom Isobel?" He smiled at my mom.

"Of course! You spilled punch all over my white dress, then you started talking to me and next thing I know we're married with two sons."

She smiled at the memories but it was as awkward as it always is when ever Tom gets mentioned.

"And now look at my baby son!" She ran to me, kissing and hugging me. I dodged playfully but I was so thankful and happy.

It was everything I ever wanted and more. It was a dream come true. Family. That magical word. I never imagined it would feel so good to have a family that actually loves you. I pictured this a million times.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh that must be Lisa." My mom said as she ran to open the door.

A few seconds later she returned with Lisa. I haven't seen her in the past two years since I moved schools. Looking at her reminded me of our old relationship.

She looked even better now in her black dress with gold beads and a slit up her thigh, curled to perfection brown hair. The makeup she put on accented her blue eyes.

But even all dressed up her beauty was nothing next to Jack after he showered, wearing no shirt and old battered sweatpants, hair sticking up from the water, or Jack sleeping, mouth slightly opened in a O shape, eyes closed, curled up in himself, looking simply adorable, or just Jack talking enthusiastically, energetically with his eyes lit up, or Jack smiling that perfect smile, or Jack kissing me passionately or just Jack.

Jack with his perfect dark hair, huge beautiful brown eyes, easy going smile, crooked nose, quirky eyebrows, long fingers. My Jack.

But it wasn't Jack in front of me wearing a tux. It was Lisa. Just because of my choice.

Lisa gave me a small tentative smile as she said "Wow Alex you look great."

I smiled weakly as I said "So do you."

"Aw you two are so cute! Aren't they perfect, Peter?" My mom said as she ran to get her camera.

"Yes quite the perfect couple." My dad said smiling at me.

Lisa looked down embarrassed by his comment as did I, frowning. Jack and I were perfect not Lisa and I.

He looked at me expectantly so I smiled back without much meaning but it did nothing to ease the awkward silence I created.

My mom came in just in time with a camera. "Let's take some pictures outside!" She said excitedly.

Sighing inwardly we went outside and my mom snapped some pictures. I put my arm around Lisa's petite shoulders.

As she gave me a surprised look, I realized I felt nothing. With Jack, whenever we touch I feel this energy, this spark of electricity. Here though, I just felt nothing.

Finally my mom decided we had enough photos and that we'd be late. Since my dad had yet to teach me driving, Lisa drove.

Fall Out Boy broke the silence for a few minutes until Lisa said "Well this is kinda awkward."

"Yep." I said emptily.

"Ok so um I'm kinda bad with this stuff but what are we? Like friends going together, or like you know boyfriend girlfriend? Like your parents wanted?" She looked so embarrassed she was asking.

But I can't date right now. "Well I'm just going through a bad break up and I'm not ready to be in a new relationship. Let's just have fun tonight as friends?"

She smiled, and I could see her physically relax. "I'd love that. I was really worried since I just met this really great guy and well I don't want to cheat on him even if we're not yet official."

"That sounds awesome! Who's the lucky guy?"

"He's really nice. Remember Ben from our old school?"

"Yeah! He's a great guy! I'm so happy for you."

And I was. Lisa was a great girl and she deserved someone who loved and cared for her. Ben helped us meet Zack, saved me from Blake back when he used to bully me and helped us with our first gig.

Lisa smiled happily. "Thank you." She said sincerely. "Hey we're here."

Ah Dunleys. We stepped out of the car and entered the gym where the prom was. It was supposed to be in these really fancy gardens but they canceled on us last minute so it was in the gym.

The theme was Monte Carlo. The gym was full of gambling tables and stuff. It looked pretty cool. In the middle there was a cleared out space and people were already dancing.

I started to scan the crowd until I saw him. Jack.

He was actually wearing a white suit. The only one wearing a white suit,I may add. I smiled a bit to myself. He was laughing and it looked like he was having a great time with Emma.

Emma looked amazing in her blue dress as she laughed and joked back with Jack.

I just stood there without doing nothing just staring at them until Lisa shook my arm and said "Did you hear me? Are you there Alex?"

"Huh what?"

She laughed and said "I asked if you want to dance."

Giving Jack another look I said "Yeah sure let's go."

We stepped out to the "dancefloor" and started dancing wildly to the beat, just having fun.  At first it was kinda awkward but then we both relaxed and just had a great time fooling around like we always do.

I snuck another look at Jack and just at that moment he saw me. He looked at me and smiled slightly as if asking if we're ok, if we're going to talk.

Just at that moment Lisa gripped my arm and said "C'mon this is my favorite song!" as she dragged me back and started dancing with me.

Jacks eyes went from questioning to confused to understanding to pain to anger in the course of a few minutes. His eyes were sending blades at my back.

Looking back at him, I saw he had narrowed his eyes and was frowning until he suddenly grabbed Emma and said loudly "Wanna dance?"

A faster beat song went up and Jack started dancing wildly, laughing with Emma.

It hurt so much. I wanted it to be me.

Then I noticed Jack was peeking looks at me to see if I was getting angry or jealous. I realized what he was trying to do. I smiled at Lisa and continued dancing like nothing bothered me, like the love of my life wasn't a few feet away from my dancing with someone else.

I saw Jack was peeking at me again, waiting for me to respond. I continued to ignore him. It would drive him crazy, but hopefully he'd stop flaunting Emma.

He saw that I was ignoring him, I could see it. Then he took Emma in his hands, staring right at me as he put his hands on her cheek and kissed her.

My heart broke. I couldn't stand to watch him kiss her like that, like he used to kiss me.

Forgetting my plan to ignore him I left Lisa dancing alone and I stomped over to Jack, grabbed his shoulder and asked loudly "What the fuck are you playing at?"

He looked at me, shoved my hand from his shoulder and was about to resume kissing Emma.

"I'm fucking serious Jack." I said.

He stopped kissing her and whirled around looking unusually furious.

"So you can break up with me unexpectedly, ignore me, get jealous and invite another girl to our prom and I can't kiss my date?" He was practically yelling.

"No but why do you have to flaunt it?!"

He smirked at me and his eyes hardened as he said "I don't have to. I want to."

He was making me do angry with his stupid smirking face.

"Right cause you've always been a immature idiot." I retorted angrily.

"Me?" He asked with a innocent look.

"Yes you! With your stupid fucking dick jokes and your stupid smirk and your stupid smile and immaturity! You!"

He stared at me and I could see he see getting angry too. I just didn't care. He was ruining my prom!

"You know whats really immature? Breaking up with someone a few weeks before prom with just a few sentences and that's it. Disappearing from their life just like that. With no reason no nothing! Just breaking up! You didn't think you hurt me? What did you even think? That is if you thought, which I highly doubt. You ruined my life you freaking bastard!" He was yelling at me now.

"Oh yeah? What about never belonging? Never having a real family! Never truly fitting in! Well now I have a family! My family! Maybe for you its so simple! You and your perfect family! Well we can't all be as perfect! I fucking made my choice! I don't care. I have my family! If you want to be a bitch to me thats perfectly ok! I'll survive. I'll just keep smiling and pretending like you aren't ruining my life! Like your stupid smile isn't haunting me! Like I even wanted you as a boyfriend! I got news for you Jack! I don't need you! No matter what you think. I don't care if it means missing you forever, you're the bastard here." I yelled without really realizing what I said, just letting my temper go.

Jack looked at me confused instead of retorting back.

"Wait what did you say? What choice? Do you actually miss me?" He asked rapidly, waiting urgently for a answer.

I was still so pissed.

"Yes! A choice. My dad made me. He said that if I didn't break up with you he'd never talk or see me again!" Tears filled my eyes but I ignored them as I continued. "Of course I miss you! God sometimes you're so fucking stupid! I miss you all the time. Always! I can't stop thinking about you!" I blurted out angrily.

Jack opened his arms and enfolded me into a hug. He held on to me so tightly. I missed him so much.

As we hugged Jack said "I missed you too. Every day, hour, minute and second. I'm so sorry your dad made you chose. That really unfair. I should have been more supportive."

"No Jack. You're perfect, the best supportive hilarious amazing boyfriend someone ever had. I'm so sorry I broke up with you. I regret it so much. I love you Jack Bassam Barakat. Will you please please take me back? I don't care what my dad says, I need you as my boyfriend. So will you?"

I waited anxiously as Jack opened his mouth and said one word. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the cliffhanger thing, dont murder me this was getting too long and I'm tired. Hope you like it comment and stuff? What do you thinks going to happen?