Status: I'm juggling school, volunteering, photograghy, drawing, and more so please be patient but yeah active.

You Ain't the Only Ones Who Want to Live it Up

Secrets Are Walls. But What If They Protect Us?

Alex POV:

I woke up to Jacks warm arms hugging me. I felt so safe and loved in his embrace, I never wanted to leave.

Yesterday was one of the most perfect days in my life. Getting Jack back, dancing together, being prom kings, the sex, everything. It was a dream come true. It was everything I wanted in life.

The only thing that scared me was if my dad found out. He'd freak out completely. I didn't want to admit it, even to myself but I was terrified. Now he was sweet and loving but what if suddenly he started hurting me again? He said he won't and that he regrets it but can I trust him? Especially since right now I'm disobeying him.

He could come in at any second. I locked the door but he could still ask to enter and then what would I do? He'd get so angry. I traced the scars on my arm as I remembered the time he broke and burned my arm. He could do that again. Or worse.

What if he hurt Jack? I couldn't let that happen. I was starting to panic just at the thought of my dad discovering Jack. He needed to leave. I hated to wake him up though.

Jack sleeping was literally the cutest thing in existence. His long dark eyelashes were gently closed and his mouth was slightly opened. His bare chest was breathing evenly. His hair was a mess. He looked so innocent and peaceful, like a little kid. I just wanted to hug him. But I had to wake him up.

Sighing internally I distangled his arm from me. He made a adorable little muffled noise and muttered "Don't go Alex."

Smiling at his cuteness I started to gently shake him awake. He half heartedly pushed me away, turned around and continued to sleep.

"Jack wake up!" I whispered. He continued to sleep. "Ugh. Come on Jack!" I shook him again.

This time his eyes fluttered awake, at first full of confusion, then he saw me, smiled and said in a sleepy voice "Good morning Lex."

I immediately shushed him panicking that my dad would here. "Shh my dad can't hear you!" I whispered.

Jack nodded and whispered "Got it. Yesterday was amazing."

I smiled at the memory and whispered "It was wasn't it?"

Then I remembered why I needed to wake him up in the first place and said "You need to go! I can't have my dad find you. I can't let him hurt you! We need to find away so you can leave."

Jack pouted a bit and said "Aw I wanted to stay more and spend more time with you. I missed you." He leaned closer so we were a few inches away from each other. I could count each and every individual eye lash.  

"We'll see each other today when we record." I reminded him.

"But that's in forever!" Jack whined adorably, his breath tickling my nose.

"Then you'll just have to wait. But I can see why you'd want to spend time with me. I am rather perfect." I said cockily, sticking my tongue at Jack.

Jack pouted adorably again and said  "But why are you so perfect? What's your secret?"

"Ha! I'm never telling!" I said immaturely.

"Will you tell me if I kiss you?" Jack said seductively.

"I might." I said mysteriously.

Jack pressed his lips to mine, eyes twinkling deviously. He tasted so amazing. After a second he broke off saying "Well?"

"Ha! You call that a kiss?" Jack shrugged and said "Maybe"

"I'll show you a kiss." I said as I held Jacks neck and started to kiss him, opening my mouth and letting him explore it. I ran my fingers through his already messed up hair.

"That's a kiss." I whispered.

"Any chances of getting more? Maybe then I'd let you off and you don't have to tell me the secret to being as perfect as you are, even though-" Jack said forgetting to whisper.

I cut him off shhing frantically. Jack caught on quickly and shut up. We stayed frozen for a few seconds panicking. They were the longest seconds in my life. I didn't hear anything.

Releasing my breath I said "Phew. I was so scared my dad heard us. "

At that moment I heard my dad call out "Alex? Are you awake? To who are you talking to? Can I come down?"

I froze. Jacks eyes mirrored the panic I felt. I felt like I couldn't move.

Jack was the first to say something "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Ok ok let's not panic. I can just hid or something right? It's not that bad. Alex?"

I barely heard him. I was running through all the horrors that could happen. My dad beating Jack up, hurting him, laughing that evil laugh as Jack was bleeding in front of him. I couldn't let that happen. I just couldn't. But I can't stop my dad.

"Alex?" Jack asked. "Are you ok?" I barely heard him still.

Then I heard my dads booming voice "Alex? Can I come down?"

Jack frantically jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. He was thin enough to lean against the shelves and not be seen.

"Alex you've got to answer him!" He whispered desperately.

Taking a deep breath I said "Yeah dad. I'll unlock the door." I tried to focus on getting rid of the shake in my hands. I unlocked the door and pasted on a smile.

"Hi dad. What's up?" The shake in my voice horrified me.

"Nothing son. Just wanted to have a chat." Oh no. What if he knows?

"Sure what about?"

"Let's sit down." He said. He sat down on my bed and gestured for me to join him.

I did and he said "Lisa told me what happened yesterday at the prom."

He knows. My heart started to race as I tried to figure out what to say. I tried not to look scared but this was my worst nightmare coming to life. I was terrified. I looked into my closet and saw Jacks panicked eyes answer me.

"Dad look I-"

"Let me finish." He said and continued "I want you to know how proud I am."

What? Isn't now the part he starts yelling for me lying? Is he actually proud of me for being with Jack? I let myself hope for a second that I could have them both. A loving father and boyfriend. Maybe I wouldn't have to lie and hide Jack. Maybe he could meet him and see how amazing he is. I was so happy.

"I'm so glad you-" I said overjoyed.

"Stop interrupting me." He scolded.

"Sorry Dad I just-"

He shut me up with a long hard look and continued "You knew how important it was for me that you'd be with Lisa. And I'm so proud of you for listening to me. Lisa told me what a great time you had together. I know giving up on the Jack fellow was hard but I'm proud of you for doing so. And just look how happy you are now. I knew it was for the best."

So he didn't know what really happened. I felt so disappointed and cheated. For a few minutes I thought my dad actually knew, and that he'd accepted me. It was my fault for dreaming so big. I saw what I wanted to see. But still he thinks me and Lisa were together the entire prom?

I tried not to let my disappointment show as I lied "Thanks Dad. You were right. I am happier without Jack."

"I knew it son. And you and Lisa make quite the couple. She's a lovely girl. I'd love to see more of her."

I was pretty thankful that Lisa lied about what happened. Sure it's not as good as if my dad knew and accepted Jack and I but it's better than if he knew and got angry. Lisa didn't have to lie for our sake and I'm really grateful she did.

My dad looked at me waiting for answer. "Sure, maybe I'll invite her over or something."

"That's my boy." My dad said proudly making me beam.

He patted my back, stood up and said "I'm making a late breakfast do you want some?"

"Yeah. Thanks Dad." I answered taking relish in that word.

"Great it'll be ready in a few minutes." He said.

Before we was about to climb upstairs he scanned my room. I held my breath, just hoping he couldn't see Jack.

He stared at the closet for a few seconds. I was terrified.

I stood up blocked the closet and desperately said without thinking about how he'd react "Dad I'm really hungry."

He finally looked at me, and said "Clean your closet. It's a mess."

Then he turned around and left.

The second he left Jack jumped out of the closet, looking slightly sad. "Holy fuck. That was scary." I said sighing in relief.

Jack looked at me and frowned.

"Whats up Jack?" I asked curious about his frown and reluctance.

"It's its just that I know you said all that stuff so your dad wouldn't know about us but its just so annoying."

Frowning slightly I answered "If he discovers we're together he will hurt both of us. He'll  freak. I can't let him hurt you. This is the only way I can protect you and have both of you in my life. I'm sorry." I said sincerely.

Still looking not exactly happy Jack answered "Fine. I get it. It's just kinda annoying and just hearing you say stuff like that makes me want to cry."

"I'm sorry Jack. I really am." I said.

My dads voice then erupted "Alex breakfasts ready!"

Looking awkwardly at Jack I said "Ok we need to find a way to get you out of the house.  

Jack frowned a bit but said "Ok how?"

 "Um I can say I'm going on a walk and then you can just come out the door with me and that's it."

"Let's try that." Jack agreed.

I yelled at my dad one sec. I gave Jack a pair of jeans and a blink t-shirt and we both got dressed quickly. We opened the basement door cautiously.

I checked to see if the coast was clear and was happy to see my dad was in the kitchen.

I yelled out "Dad I'm going on a walk for a second."

"What? Alex, breakfasts ready." My dad answered.

"Just a few minutes ok?"

"Why the need to go on a walk?"

"Well I wanted to talk to Lisa." I said knowing that would convince him.

"About what?" My dad asked nosily.

Thinking quickly I said "I thought about what you said about Lisa and you're right.  Lisa is a great girl. I want to discuss with her some stuff."

I noticed Jack looking down at that bit but what could I do? It was for the best.

After a few moments of silence he answered "Ok. Be back soon."

I opened the door, let Jack pass and closed it. "Phew we're almost out." Jack said.

"Ok lets go to your car." We went over to Jacks car.

Realizing I couldn't go with him since my dad was waiting I said "Bye. I'll see you today when we record."

Jack pouted a bit but said "Bye." He drove off.

I realized I had to go to Lisa. My dad would ask her and I needed to thank her. Our houses were pretty close so I walked over and knocked on the door.

A sleepy Lisa wearing a oversized t-shirt and pajama shorts answered the door looking confused. "Alex? What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to say thank you for what you told my dad. And I told him that I came over when really I helped Jack leave so if he asks I was here. "

"Ok cool. And no problem I was happy to help. You guys are adorable. It's a pity your dad is so homophobic. Why can't you just explain it to him, sorry to ask and be nosey."

Frowning a bit I realized Lisa didn't know why I can't tell my dad. Why if I'd tell him I'd be concerned with Jacks and my safety. Can I trust her? Should I lie? She helped me. She deserves the truth.

"This is kinda hard for me to say and I'm trusting you here so here goes. My dad before me and Jack met used to abuse me. That's why I moved in with Jack. And now I'm back at his house but he'll freak out if he'll know I'm gay and Jack and I are together. "

Lisa looked so sad and concerned. "Oh my god. Alex I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Of course I'll help you. If you ever need me to tell your dad we're together when you're with Jack or something just tell me. I'm here for you. I just can't believe you went through that."

"Thank you so much Lisa." I said.

Lisa smiled at me then asked shyly "Can I hug you?"

"Sure I guess." Lisa opened her arms and gave me a huge hug.

"What was that for?" I asked when we broke.

"I don't know I just felt so bad about you dad that I just had to hug you and just I'm so sorry." Lisa looked so sad.

I gave her another quick hug and left saying bye quickly.

Walking home I felt more relaxed. Lisa knows and will help Jack and I. Together we can make sure my dad doesn't know. And maybe we can finish school without my dad knowing. After that I don't have to legally be with him. I can move in with Jack or something.

Feeling hopeful I opened the door and ate breakfast with my dad talking about how great Lisa is.

My dad seemed so happy. I could help but wish that maybe one day he'll be just as happy with Jack. Oh well.

I finished eating and decided to watch some tv and just be lazy until I had to go to the studio and record.

I couldn't wait to see Jack again and work on our EP.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Early update whoo! This was supposed to be just half a chapter but since it's already 2000 words I decided to make two chapters. :D

And I decided to make Lisa nice. It really frustrates me how so many fanfictions turn her into this evil bitch just because she's dating Alex. She's so sweet :)

Comment? What do you think is going to happen? Will Alexs dad find out about them?