Status: I'm juggling school, volunteering, photograghy, drawing, and more so please be patient but yeah active.

You Ain't the Only Ones Who Want to Live it Up

The Helplessness of Waiting

Jack POV: 

I was sleeping, hugging Alex's warm body when he suddenly moved away and disentangled my arms from him. Half asleep I groaned and rolled to the other side. Alex meanwhile climbed of the bed and started getting dressed.

"What're you doing?" I asked sleepily.

He muttered "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Where's my shirt?" His voice was becoming more and more frantic.

Sighing I left my bed looked around and found his shirt.

"Here. What's going on?" I asked. He grabbed it and put it on.

"Where are my shoes? I can't find them. He'll be so angry. He'll get so mad. Where the fuck are they?!"

I held on to his shoulders and made him face me. "Alex breathe. What's up?"

"My dad told me to be back by dinner and I stayed over and he'll be so angry and I don't know how he'll react and I need to go." He said all in one frantic breath.

He looked so panicked, so scared. He looked down on his hand and started to trace the scars, looking even more scared.

"Alex relax. It'll be ok. I know it will." I stared into his cinnamon eyes.

He avoided my eyes, looked down and said "Yeah everything will be ok." He took a deep breath and shot me a fake smile.

"Alex it really will be ok. It will be ok. Do you want me to come with you? Maybe you should stay over." I suggested.

"No! I want to be with my dad. I just don't know what he'll do."

"Are you sure? You shouldn't be so scared to go home."

"I don't know how he'll react. He might be furious." He looked at his hand scars again.

"I better go." He gave me a quick peck.

"It'll be ok Lex. Call me. Everything will be ok." He smiled and left.

I checked the time and discovered it was only 8:35. That is far too early to wake up in the summer. I curled on my bed again, enjoying the fact it smelled like Alex.

Closing my eyes I tried to fall asleep again. I couldn't stop thinking about Alex. I was so scared. I don't know what his father will do to him. It could be awful. He could need my help. He didn't want it though. I had to respect his choices.

Still I couldn't help but remember his scarred body, how his father hurt him, how he broke his hand. Why did I let him go back to that house?

Because he wanted to, I reminded myself. Alex wanted to be close to his father and he missed him. He was his only family, with his brother dead. Still it terrified me, how much he could harm Alex.

My mind kept running through all the awful things that could happen. I tried to relax and just sleep. I couldn't handle thinking Alex would be hurt because I didn't stop him from going to his father. I know I couldn't stop him and it was his choice but I was scared and nervous.

I kept waiting for my phone to ring, for Alex to call and tell me everything was ok. The stress was killing me.

I slowly drifted to sleep. In my dreams I saw Alex when I first met him, hiding under his hair, with bruises, all because of his father. I remembered how he broke his hand, the expression on his face as he told me, our first kiss. I saw Alex father hitting him again and again and I could do nothing. I tried to stop him and nothing happened. Alex in my dream yelled at me to help him. I tried desperately but I just couldn't move. Alex's dad hit him again, blood coloring the floor.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I was terrified. That insane helplessness, not being able to change anything, just standing there watching was the worst thing I could imagine. I had no idea what was happening right now.

I was tempted to just drive over to Alex's house and check but I knew how angry he'd get. He hated when his family life collided with me. I just had to wait it out.

I knew it would be awful, just as bad as the helplessness in my dream. I could try and convince myself nothing would happen and Alex would be ok but I knew it was a lie. I had no idea what would happen. It was as simple as that, that insecurity.

I already realized I'd spend the day next to my phone, waiting for the call. I left my bed, got dressed lazily, ate a bowl of cookie crisps.

My mind kept coming back to Alex and my phone, checking constantly. I was so scared. It was the only thing I could think about. I watched some tv mindlessly. I wasn't focusing about that. I couldn't even remember what the tv show was about. The only thought in my mind was Alex.

And so I waited for the phone call. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay two daily updates in a row! What do you guys think will happen? Comments are really welcome,I feel like I barely hear from you people!