Birthday Presents.

The engagement.

A year later:-

The Barbeque was in the top of Summer, and John's birthday party was in full swing, he grinned at Lucy, 'it's been a year since I met you' she smiled, 'and, I just can't forget about you?' he laughed, 'man that's old, sweetheart' they giggled, 'we change we wait, seems kinda apt really, you change, and I wait for you to come home' she smiled, kissing his cheek, 'which is very much worth it' he smiled, 'one day, it's going to be you and me' 'you think that?' 'I do, you're perfect, a little too dedicated to work sometimes, but it's cake, who wouldn't?' they laughed, 'music who wouldn't?' 'hey!' laughing more.

John pulled her away from his friends, 'what John, not here?!' he laughed, 'darling, we have an apartment for that, but it's rather tempting' she smiled, 'what's up?' Lucy smiled, 'the best present you could give me, is give me the opportunity to be with you all my life, and to marry me?' pulling a ring from his shorts, Lucy kissed him forcefully, 'yes, John!' everyone looked at them 'don't worry guys, Lucy's just agreed to marry me?' 'what?' he grinned, grabbing her up in his arms.

'John, engaged mind blown' Gare smiled, 'and, I will just point out if it wasn't for me, you would have never have met' John laughed, 'he has a point, thanks Gare for finding my soulmate for me' 'oh, no problem, that's a good wingman, you have to admit?' 'honestly Jared you were rubbish' 'dude sorry' they laughed, 'wanna go home babe' she smiled, 'I very much do' he grinned, taking her hand to the car, 'you know, we should get married on my birthday, can I have a good gift too?' he grinned, 'I am absolutely fine with that my darling' she smiled, heading home for bed.

-x-

It was a warm day in late March when they took their vows, John grinned, as he made them and she was crying, she wiped her eyes, and smiled, 'I hope they're happy tears!' she laughed, 'of course, I never thought-' she shrugged, 'thank you' he grinned, 'no darling, thank you, you look beautiful' she blushed, he smiled, 'I love it when you do that'.

John held her during the first dance, 'I hope you're having a good birthday' she smiled, 'it's been amazing' he grinned, kissing her softly, 'I love you' 'I love you too' John smiled, as she rested her head on his chest 'one of my favourite places to be' 'always will be darling' she smiled, wrapping her arms round him, 'I hope you saved the best cake for us' she smiled, 'of course!' they laughed, slicing the cake, and handing it round to guests, thinking it was perfect.

John pulled her into bed, 'can I make love to my wife?' she smiled, 'to my husband?' he grinned, 'sure' they giggled, removing one another clothes, awake all night, they nearly missed their flights to Europe, heading to Paris for the week, John knew he would be with her for the rest of his life, taking silly pictures on the Eiffell Tower, and falling in love with the girl all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
all good?