Status: Mafia One Direction. We know, your welcome.

All Is Fair

Lea Marchelini

“You’re going on a date with the cop?” Toni barked at Lea through the phone. She could tell that Toni was pacing across her apartment. “No. No Lea you aren’t. My dad is going to be livid.”

“No offense, but I don’t care. I may be apart of the Mafia, and your dad may be the only part of my family left but I can make my own decisions.” She stared at her closet waiting for Toni to reply. Lea could tell by the long pause that Toni was running her hands through her hair. “Toni, I need your help. I can’t find anything to wear.”

“I’ll be over in 10.” She sighed. “But I am not covering for your ass. You’re going to have to deal with my dad on your own if he decides to get an attitude about this.”

“See and this is why I love you. See you soon.” Lea hung up and flopped back on her bed. What if Toni was right and this entire date was going to be a disaster? What if all he wanted to do was interrogate her about the mafia? The sound of the doorbell made Lea snap out of my thoughts. Her brows crinkled in confusion. There was no way Toni was already here. Lea walked down the hall making my way to the door.

“Toni, you drive like a fucking nut if you’re already here.” She opened the door and instantly tried to slam it. Don’s strength was too much for her and she soon found herself being slammed between the wall and her apartment door. She could feel all of the air leaving her lungs as Don shut the door. She heaved, attempting to catch her breath.

“Creating more ties with cops I see?” He bent down beside her as she sat on her hands and knees sputtering. Quickly She was being pulled off the ground and being slammed against the wall, fingers wrapped around her throat. She gasped or air as his fingers closed tighter on her throat.

“You’re such a pretty girl. Do you know that?” He moved a piece of Lea’s hair out of her face, and ran his knuckled along her jaw. She was barely able to breathe, but Don definitely knew what he was doing. “Too bad it never worked out between us, and you had to become one of them.” A scowl spread across Lea’s face as he brought up the past.

“Too bad Gabe isn’t here to beat the shit out of you again.” She choked.

Fire grew in Don’s eyes and she braced her self for the blow that she knew was coming. His knuckles crack hard on her left cheekbone sending her to the ground with a loud thud. She cupped her cheek as her eyes filled with tears. He started to walk toward her and she instantly got to her feet and ran for her room.

Once in the room she shut and locked the door. Don began to bang on the door, making her jump away from it. The sound of Toni’s ringtone made her jump, but she quickly slide it open.

“What’s going on in there?” Toni’s voice was almost a whisper as she spoke, making it hard to hear over Don banging on the door. “Lea who the fuck is making all of that noise. You and that cop aren’t going at it are you?”

“No Toni, its Don. You need to go get Niall. The Moretti’s are attacking because of my date with him.” There was a loud cracking noise coming from Lea’s door and she quickly moved to the closet shutting the door behind her. Sliding down to the ground against the wall, she tried to breathe. “Just go get Niall, the door should be open I don’t remember Don locking it.”

“Ok, just hold on.” Toni hung up and Lea erupted into tears. She could feel the bruise forming on her cheekbone as it throbbed. She heard another loud cracking noise and then footsteps coming across the room. The door flew open and Don grabbed her by her hair, flinging her out of the closet.

“Lea?” She heard Toni scream from the hall.

“You invited friends?” Don raised an eyebrow and made his way towards me.

“Ton-“ Lea began to scream but his hand was over her mouth. She bit into his hand hard making, him wail and letting her fall to the ground. She could tell from the metallic taste in her mouth that she broke skin.

“You stupid bitch.” He raised his hand but was cut off by the sound of a gun being cocked.

“Make another move and I’ll shoot.” Lea looked up to see Niall, standing in front of Toni, gun at the ready. She let myself sink all the way to the ground. Lea had never been so happy to see that stupid blonde quiff before. Don put his hands in the air, and began to back towards the window. Toni slowly walked in Lea's direction making sure to stay out of the line of target. Toni helped Lea up, and she proceeded to put all of her wait on Toni. Don booked out the window and down the fire escape, but rather than chase him, Niall quickly scooped Lea into his arms.

“Are you ok? What did he do to you?” he looked so frantic as his eyes scanned her for any injuries. “Better question. Who was he?”

“His name is Don.” Toni spoke before Lea could gather her thoughts. Her ribs were throbbing and there was sure to be bruising on her neck. “He works for the Moretti’s.” Lea was standing and she knew what bit of information was coming next. “He’s also Lea’s Ex.” She could feel Niall’s eyes on her now; analyzing the new information he was given.

“Well it looks to be that you two have a lot to talk about and I doubt that you’re going out so, I’m going to head towards my flat.” Toni pulled out her keys and started for the door.

“I’ll walk you down really quick.” Niall shut the window and then walked back towards Lea who was now on the bed. “Don’t move from this spot.” His words were stern and low, almost in an alluring way. Lea’s cheeks flushed instinctively as he walked out.
Slowly she curled up on her bed, flinching from the pain in her back and ribs. The room was so quiet as she waiting for Niall to return. The thought of Don coming back haunted her thoughts, and most likely would for a really long time.

Don wasn’t always like this. He used to be so kind and loving. He worked for the Paziali’s for a little while when he and Lea were dating. He made sure he did everything in his power to stay Gabe’s right hand man. The first time he hit Lea everyone was shocked. Gabe especially. It took nearly an army to pull Him off of Don. That started it all. After losing Gabe as a friend, Don took a turn for the worst and fell off the deep end.

The sound of someone coming through the front door ripped Lea out of her thoughts on Don. The blonde hair that turned the corner made her sigh with relief. She could see sorrow in his eyes, and she hated it. Niall should have never had to rescue her like he just did. Lea thought it was absurd that her ex could so easily over power her.

Niall sat the end of the bed starring at his hands, leaving the room in complete silence. She glanced around the room at everything besides him, feeling like she need to apologize for the fact that he had to see her like this. Earlier today she had lectured him on that people would be stupid to mess with her because she is so high in the mafia. It was the universe had to prove her wrong completely.

“Thank you for helping me.” Lea finally got out, taking a shaky breath. “If it wasn’t for you I would probably be dead.” She inched my way closer to him trying to close up the awkward distance.

“If it wasn’t for me he would have never showed up.” He ran his hand through his hair as he said this, looking everywhere but Lea’s eyes.

“They were going to send him here to off me eventually. And Don has been waiting for a reason to throw me around like he use to. If it wasn’t for you I would be a dead girl walking.” He looked at her finally pain in his eyes. Those feeling from before were back in her stomach as she starred in his eyes. Niall’s blue orbs were completely captivating. She quickly stood, trying to shake the butterflies out of her stomach.

Niall quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her to his chest. She could feel the muscles tensing under his shirt where her palms were touching. He moved his hand up to her face inspecting the damage that had been done. She flinched slightly when his fingers grazed over her busted lip.

Before she could wrap her head around what was going on, he leaned in and every so gently places a kiss on her lips. Her brain processed what was going on, and she kissed back forgetting the tenderness of her lip. She winced a little and pulled back, but a smile crept up the side of her lips.
“I wont ever let someone hurt you like this again.”
For the first time since the funeral, Lea genuinely felt safe. It wasn’t for the fact that he was a police officer. Or for the fact that he was able to wield a gun. She felt safe because the look in his eyes was almost the exact same look Gabe had given her after Don had punched her. The only difference is that behind the look of protection, there was also compassion being driven by feelings for someone.

Lea rested her forehead against Niall’s as tears threatened her eyes again. Gently Niall’s scooped her up, and made his way out of the wrecked apartment. They would have to clean this but now was not the time. He walked out the front door, closing it with his foot. Carefully he walked down the hall, gently placing her down when he got to his door. She stepped into the apartment right after he opened the door, gazing around at the guitars hanging on the wall.

“It’s cleaner than I expected.” She joked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Not all of us are pigs.” He said walking down the hallway. Lea trailed behind him slowly looking at pictures hanging on the wall as she went. He looked so happy in all of the pictures, baring genuine smiles for the cameras. His facial features were so perfect, sharp and chiseled in the perfect spots. She could just stare at him all day, especially because of his eyes. “Enjoying yourself?” He came up behind her looking at all of the photos on the wall as well.

“Why don’t you smile often?” The question just flowed out of Lea’s mouth before she could even think twice about it. He walked back towards the room he had just walked out of with out saying a single word. She bit her lower lip regretting the question entirely. She leaned against the doorframe of his bedroom being cautious of her bruised ribs. Niall was starring out the window, his face as smooth as a stone. She noticed the bed was unmade and everything seemed to be white, grey or black.

Taking a chance Lea walked up to him and slipped her hand into his. She couldn’t help but think about how perfectly they fit together as his thumb ran over her knuckles. Slowly she pulled him over to his bed, sitting down on the edge. He looked at her their hands together opening his mouth.

“This job gets really hard you know?” He paused, taking in a big breath. He looked her in the eyes for a split second and the brought his eyes back to the window. “You can’t always save everyone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long guys! hope you enjoy.