Status: Mafia One Direction. We know, your welcome.

All Is Fair

Lea Marchelini

She watched as the coffin was lowered into the six-foot deep hole. Gabe was family to Lea, and nothing would ever be the same. The dirt fell from her hand into the grave and she heard the woman who raised her better than her own mother break into tears. The look on Toni's face made it clear that she had no interest in hanging out with Lea today. Once the service was over she paid her respects and left.

The walk home wasn't a long one but it was filled with memories of her hanging out with Gabe, Toni and Louis. She couldn't help but stand there staring at the bench where Gabe found her after her ex hit me. The fire in his eyes that day was ones that no one could forget. Lea could feel tears welling up in my eyes. She pushed them back telling her that Gabe would want her to be strong. She fumbled with keys to her door, but finally was able to get in the door. Her phone began to ring instantly once she put her purse down.

She answered the phone and instantly regretted it, "Ok, I'll be at the restaurant in ten" she let out a long breath after hanging up. Quickly she ran up to her room, grabbed a bag with information and headed towards Al's. She knew that Toni was going to the bar, and that was the reason that she had to go to the meeting. As much a she hated Toni going to the bar by herself there was anything she could do about it, it was how she coped with things like that.

Rounding the corner she saw the super tinted windows of Al's Italiano, the sanctuary of this side of town. Once threw the doors, the enticing sent of bread and home made Italian food filled her nose. It had been almost three weeks since she had entered these doors. She took her place next to Nico. It was obvious he wasn't aware of the fact that she and Toni was switch for this meeting. His jawline set, clearly displeased with his daughters absence.

It seemed that they always talked about the same things, but there was a new gas supply to the flame this time. They knew that it was the Moretti’s that shot Gabe and they wanted revenge. They weren't the only people in the building but everyone knew to stay out of their business. The door chimed making her look up, but what really caught her attention was the blonde hair, blue-eyed guy that walked through the door. She recognized him as her new neighbor; he had been here maybe a week.

She didn't know much about him, but what she did know was that he was a cop, and that he shouldn't be in this room. Before Lea knew what was happening, rocks were being thrown through the window, and glass was going in every direction. Mafia members were fleeing the seen and trying to get to safety. She saw the cop reach for his gun, but she quickly intercepted his actions.

"Come on,” she said grabbing his hand. The look on his face was one of discomfort and aggravation. He didn't like her but she was helping him. Quickly she maneuvered him out the back door and into an ally. She weaved in and out of ally ways and dark places until they ended up by their apartment building. He stared at her like she was a foreign species and had no idea she lived in the same building.

“What were you thinking, sitting in on our meeting like that? They would have killed you if they knew you were a cop.” She barked at him. He found it oddly attractive that she cared about his wellbeing, but those emotions were quickly eradicated from his mind. She was mafia, and mafia was off limits and that was his own rule. He just watched her as she waited for a response. “You know what, whatever. I did you a favor and I wont do it again.” She turned around and headed for her apartment.

She could hear his footsteps following her, even as she passed his door. Once in her doorframe she whipped around to face him. She hadn’t realized how much taller than her he was, as she glared up at his bright blue globes. They were completely captivating, almost to the point she got lost in them. “Are you going to invite me in?” The words left his lips and danced around her head.

“So you barge in on my meeting, I save your life, you don’t answer my question and now you just want to come into my flat?” He almost had the look of amusement on his face and that made her so much more furious. “Fine.” She moved to the side, signaling with her arm that he was allowed in. His eyes scanned the room, almost as if he was looking for booby-traps.

“How long have you lived here?” She was about to answer his question but her phone began to ring and Toni was lit up across the screen. She debated on whether or not she should pick up the phone, due to the fact that there was a cop staring at her. Finally she decided to answer, thinking about what just happened at Al’s. She held up her finger to the boy as she slid the phone open.

“Sto bene. Nessuno si è fatto male.” The Italian flowed off her tongue as if it was her first language. He stared at her completely dumbfounded that she could speak Italian. Toni spoke so fast that she could barely understand her. Getting the gist, it was mostly about revenge and how much she hated the Moretti’s. Her words were slightly slurred indicating that she was at the bar still. Finally after what seem liked a lifetime she dulled down and said her goodbyes. “Ciao.”

“So you can speak Italian, I thought that was just things they put in movies to make them more exciting.” He sat down on the couch, lips pursed, thinking of his next move.

“So are you going to interrogate me or are you plotting to rape me?” Her voice was covered, thick with sarcasm. The look that shot across his face was too good to not laugh at. “You cops are all the same.” She turned towards her door and opened back up. “This is over, please leave,” she pointed at the hallway, and he sat there for a second almost as if he was debating arguing. Finally he stood up and walked out the door.

“The name is Niall.” He said it as he walked by her, without even one look.

“Lea,” was the only thing she said as she shut the door. Her flat got really quiet and the realization of what went on today began to hit her again. Quickly she closed all of her blinds and locked the door. Niall didn’t know what he was getting into, but she had a feeling he was going to be back at her apartment soon. Strangely, she didn’t mind that either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'm Meghan and I'll be writing for Niall and Lea.

Stevie Rae is next!