Heaven/Hell

The Ship

The ship was enormous. It was at least twice as big as she thought it would be with shiny, black paint that had the ability to camouflage, and she felt a pit in her stomach. There were enormous holes in the ship that made her believe it carried missiles or canons or something fatal. Everything felt like it was going to end right that second.

When the guard dragged her towards Arrow's ship, people stared at her. Demetria had never seen this many humans in one place before. They all looked at her like she was the alien, and she scowled at them in disgust. They were the aliens and she hated them already.

The guard brought her inside where she saw a glimpse of the high-tech gear and all the computers working at lightning speed. The humans controlled them with ease, like the equipment was apart of their being. She felt the pit grow in her stomach. She knew Earth had more technology than them, but she didn't know the extent. Arrow was well-prepared and it scared her.

"Get in there!" The guard spat, opening a heavy door with a tiny window and throwing her down on a cold, metal floor and she heard the door close behind her. Her vision was slightly blurred and she felt a bruise forming on the part of her body that collided with the ground.

"Demetria!"

Hands grabbed her and pulled her up and she saw Ares standing in front of her. He was grinning at her.

"Oh, my God! Ares!" she exclaimed, pulling her brother into a bone-crushing hug. "I thought you were dead!"

"Me? Nah," he said, laughing. Demetria hit him on the shoulder but was too happy to see him alive to notice anything else about the room they were in.

All the Human X were there, including the children that had nothing to do with the revolution. When Demetria looked around, she furrowed her eyebrows, confused and worried.

"What's going on?" she asked, looking around.

"They arrested all of us for breaking the law," Benjamin spat. "Including them," he nodded to the kids, "and our parents."

"Our parents?!"

"They're in a cell on another floor," Serena replied, sadly. She had her arm around Damon Brich, who was too young to know what was going on. He looked around the room with a curious expression on his face.

Demetria went to the small window on the door and looked out of it. She saw an enormous, clear screen at the very front of the ship with little squares that looked like video footage of different places. She couldn't tell what was on them until someone clicked on each video and blew it up. She saw bulldozers tearing down houses in one video and surveillance of the nearby villages. And then she saw something that made her catch her breath.

It was a video of Silva at the campsite. He was alive but bloodied and tied up. She saw a glimpse of other Iridem in the video and was happy to know that that they were at least alive and that Arrow's men didn't kill them. But she didn't know whether it was their end game or not.

"They're torturing them," she said to the others. "For what?"

They all shrugged his shoulders.

"I have no idea," Ares said.

Demetria looked out the window again but was met with a face of a man and she jumped back in shock. A second later, the door opened and the man was standing in front of them, looking around at all the Human X with his eyes narrowed.

It was Dr. Arrow.

No one on Planet X had ever actually seen Dr. Arrow in person. They'd only seen his face in pictures or in the sixty-three video announcements he had made. He looked a lot older in person. His hair was pure white and there were wrinkles all over his face. Behind him stood a much younger man with a head of black, curly hair. He looked nervous.

"Hello, children," Dr. Arrow said, smiling.

No one said anything.

"As you all have probably deduced, you've been arrested for defying United States Law 8675, particularly under section 45 that specifically stated that you can't revolt against me. However, you're young, I know that, so there's a way you can get out of this." He paused for effect. He looked around with a smile on his face that said that we wouldn't be able to resist his offer.

"How?" Benjamin asked, breaking the silence.

"Tell me everything you know about the Iridem and what they're planning to do," Dr. Arrow said, simply.

Demetria looked around. No one looked fazed or even remotely interested. They knew from the very beginning that they were in it for the long haul.

She looked back at Dr. Arrow and said, defiantly, "No."

He narrowed his eyes at her and said, "Your mother said the same thing, Demetria Lincoln, and now we're using a little bit more force."

Demetria felt her heart burst and she resisted the urge to look at Ares. What did that mean? Were they torturing her? She didn't let Dr. Arrow have the satisfaction of seeing her reaction and took a breath, staring daggers into him.

"And now we'll do the same to you," he said. Before she knew it, the man who was standing behind him, as well as a guard, grabbed Demetria by the arms and dragged her away as her fellow Human X called after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay a new update after 8 months............I have no excuses. I edited through this and got inspired so hopefully it'll last and this story won't have long ass wait times. But I'm still loving this story and I'm hoping you guys do too!