Heaven/Hell

Mrs. Lincoln

Evanna Lincoln sat in the kitchen of her very small home and pondered about her children. Demetria and Ares were both very outspoken and she knew that one day they would lash out with the Iridem against the humans, and break the law.

It was terrifying but she couldn't have been more proud. She hated Dr. Arrow and the stupid law that stated that the Pioneers and the Human X's could not disobey any orders from Dr. Arrow.

The other Pioneers have noticed that half of their children–the ones old enough to make such a decision–joined forces with the Iridem and they have called upon them to arrange a meeting. They waited inside the Lincoln home for them all to arrive–all ten of them.

"This is a bad idea," Tallulah de la Cerda spoke, bobbing her leg up and down. Her husband rested a hand on her knee, to calm her.

"What else can we do?" Evanna shrugged. "We're already at war with Arrow. This can't get any worse."

There was a knock on the door and Evanna and Joshua rushed to the door and found their two children grinning up at them. They pulled each other into bone-crushing hugs and Evanna felt tears of joy brim her eyes. All the other Human X's also greeted their parents with hugs and kisses.

"Mom, Dad," Demetria said, turning around. "This is the Iridem and their leader, Silva."

The green-skinned Iridem stepped forward and he glanced at Demetria before he bowed his head. He stood a foot taller than everyone in the room and he looked around, his lips set in a line and his eyes narrowed. Joshua closed the door behind them, leaving everyone else outside, and Silva watched him do so. He nodded his head at his people, indicating that it was all right.

The room fell silent.

"Please, state your business," Silva said, holding his head high.

"We are at war," Joshua explained. "This whole...world and even our world is at war and we no longer can abide by the rules that Stephen Arrow has bestowed upon us."

"What're you saying?" Ares inquired.

"We're saying that you have our full support," Sean Valday said, his hand resting on Serena's shoulder.

"You'll go to jail," Demetria said, her eyes wide.

"So you will you," Joshua shrugged.

Evanna smiled. She rested a hand son and said, "All of our guns are in the garage. We're leaving tomorrow morning, back to Arrow's ship, and we can stall as much as we can, but you do whatever you need to do."

Ares gave his mother a sad smile.

Their children fell silent and the Pioneers looked at Silva, whose expression was still sour. He looked around at each one of them and he said, "Why must we trust you?"

"Because we know Arrow better than you do and we know he'll destroy this entire planet if he wants to. This is the home of our children and it's too beautiful to be exploited," Joshua replied. "Don't trust us if you want, Silva, but our weapons are for your use. That's the best we can do."

"This is a good thing, Silva," Benjamin said, standing next to his parents.

"We need this," Demetria said, quietly. "Spears and daggers can do virtually nothing if Arrow is as armed as he potentially can be."

Silva was silent. He looked around at each human in the room, looking at Demetria a little longer, before he said, simply, "Fine."

Evanna smiled in relief.