Till Death Do Us Part

Yuki

It was warm spring day, nearly summer. Kyouya walked onto the school grounds with Tamaki running after him. “Kyouya! Wait for me!”

“There is no time for waiting” Kyouya rolled his eyes as he hurried along. “You’ve already made me arrive later than usual. I have important business to conduct before class starts. I don’t have time-“ a flowery giggle caught both boys attention and they turned to see a group of girls standing by the fountain watching something.

“Princesses,” Tamaki inquired walking up to them. Kyouya, unable to deny his curiosity, fallowed him over. “What are you all looking at?”

“Oh, Tamaki,” one girl spoke up as she ran to the Host Club king. “Did you hear? We’re getting a new student! He’s transferring here from America”

“I heard his name was Yuki!” another piped in.

“Isn’t that just the cutest name EVER?!” another squealed. “And look there!” she pointed off into the grass. A tree was planted along the edge near the sidewalk and in its shade was a figure. He was short, wearing dark dress pants, an unbuttoned expensive black waist coat over a crisp white shirt. His hair fell past his ears and was colored a soft pink. Even from afar the two could see why the girls were staring at him; he was exceptionally cute.

“you said his name was Yuki?” Kyouya questioned the girls, his face the perfect mask of quiet curiosity but underneath he was anything but. Inside he was reeling, wondering, questioning- but no, it couldn’t be… could it?

“Well, Kyouya,” Tamaki smiled brushing the hair from his eyes. “Let’s go say hello. It is my duty at the Chairman’s son after all.” Kyouya nodded stiffly and fallowed the other boy over. The girls squealed as they crossed the path to the young man.

“Hello,” Tamaki greeted the boy in his usual, flashy and flamboyant way.

The young man turned his dark eyes on them and raised an eyebrow. “Um- hi” he greeted them as his eyes gazed over the two. Kyouya wondered what he thought of the two older boys. He was probably recognizing Tamaki’s beauty as most do when the first meet Suou. Tamaki was like the sun, radiating light and energy, drawing in everyone around him like moths to the flame.

But mostly Kyouya wondered what this boy thought of him. Kyouya was beautiful too but while Tamaki was light, he was dark. If Tamaki was the candle then Kyouya was the dark around him, cool and composed. People were drawn to the mystery he possessed, the puzzle of what was going inside his head.

“I'm second year Tamaki Suou,” he introduced himself with a courteous bow. “And this is my friend, Kyouya Ootori of the same year.”

The boy bowed in return, “I'm Yuki, and I’m transferring into the first year class A.”

“Oh really” Tamaki questioned. “We have friends in that class! Perhaps we’ll get to spend more time together in the future.”

He shrugged, “perhaps, but don’t expect me to kiss up to you just because you’re the Chairman’s son, Suou.” Tamaki froze in his place and the boy grinned, tilting his head to the side and releasing a smile that sent Tamaki’s world spinning into a vortex of adoration. “I'm just kidding, I'm sure you’re a lovely guy and I would enjoy hanging out with you.”

“So- cute-“ Tamaki blushed, backing away from the boy slowly.

“I'm sorry I didn’t catch your name,” Kyouya interrupted. “What was it again?”

The boy turned away from Tamaki, whose eyes were wide as saucers as he watched the younger man, and smiled at the dark haired individual. That is quite a smile, Kyouya admitted silently as he tried to regain his breath. “Yuki, Yuki Angels.”

Kyouya returned the smile with one of his own, “it’s lovely to meet you, Yuki. Perhaps if you have some time after school, you’ll stop by the Host Club and we can chat.”

He shrugged and smiled again, leaving Tamaki and Kyouya, thou he’d never admit it, completely breathless, “sure, I’ll come by then!”