Till Death Do Us Part

The Foxes

In my defense, I wasn’t trying to trick them. I wasn’t pretending to be something I wasn’t though I can see why they thought that. There was no way for them to know the truth and I didn’t what they thought. It just didn’t matter to me and that’s where it all went wrong I suppose.

I walked into class still dressed in my black slacks white shirt and black vest. It was comfortable, more comfortable than that silly uniform they tried to get me to wear. In the room students stared at me and I fought a blush. I didn’t care much for the opinions of others but that didn’t mean I liked being in the spotlight. Their stares were annoying but there was nothing to be done about it.

“Are you the class rep,” I asked walking up to a boy standing at the front of the class with a few other students.

“y-yes,” he stammered looking over me. “You must be the new student, Kaz-“

“Actually I go by Yuki,” I said cutting him off. “I don’t much like the name my parents gave me.”

“Oh,” he nodded. “I was wondering why you had that-“ he stopped his sentence short seeing my irritate glance. “I mean- welcome to class 1-A,” He laughed nervously and I shrugged before walking to the back of the class. I sat down and started paging through the book I’d been given. It was fairly mundane class work; keeping up my grades wouldn’t be an issue.

“So you’re the new kid,” a pair of voices echoed on either side of me and I looked up to see two identical boys staring at me. They were tall for their age, with spiky red hair parted in opposite directions. Their gold eyes were locked on my own dark ones and I raised an eyebrow.

“I am,” I smirked. “And you are?”

“We asked first,” they said in unison as they walked around to the front of my desk. Their every motion was in sync as they moved; it was both disturbing and intriguing to watch.

“Actually you didn’t,” I rolled my eyes, bored with this already. “You stated a fact, I am the new kid. The only one who asked a question was me. However to answer an unasked question, my name is Yuki Angels.”

They stared at me for a moment, their eyes questioning as they appraised me. “You guys are so bothersome, I swear,” a new voice sighed as they were pushed aside by another boy. He was shorter, brown hair, brown eyes and such a cute face; almost like a girl’s. “I'm sorry about them, they can be very annoying.”

“It’s in their nature,” I shrugged propping up my elbows and resting my chin on my interlocked fingers. “To be mischievous, and stir up trouble.”

Their jaws dropped slightly before anger crossed one of their features, “what makes you say that?! You don’t even know us!”

I dropped my smile and cocked my head slightly, “I didn’t mean to offend- I could just tell. The way you move, the words you choose, you two remind me of a couple of sly foxes.” That didn’t seem to ease his anger as he turned and stalked off to his desk. His brother cast me a curious and, what almost appeared to be, worried glance before following his twin back to his desk.

“Ignore them,” the other boy spoke up and I turned back to him. “You didn’t do anything wrong.”
I nodded slowly glancing back at the two who were now sitting in their chairs staring at the board with blank expressions. “Well tell them I'm sorry, for whatever I did.”

He smiled at me, “I will.”

“What an adorable smile,” I said looking closely at the boy, “almost like a girl.”

“Oh, yeah- well,” he looked uncomfortable. “About that-“

“Haruhi!” one of the twins called and I paused in surprise. Haruhi? No… could it be? “Get over here, class is about to start!”

“Coming,” he shouted back before turning to me and bowing. “It was nice to meet you-“

“Yuki,” I introduced myself. “Yuki Angles, and you are?”

“Haruhi Fujioka,” he smiled.

“We’ll talk later Haruhi Fujioka,” I smiled and watched him leave. Interesting, I wonder what happened there, I pondered as the teacher began the lesson. Perhaps there is more to this school than there appeared. It seemed I wasnt the only one fooling people.