Status: *ON PAUSE*

Unexpected Adventure

Departure

Moving from California to London can be a bit scary. I was detemained to prove eveyone back home that I could do this. Plus I get to see the country that I have always dreamed about. The drive to the airport was quite,the radio wasnt on and no one was talking. I dont know if it was because they dont know what to say or if they are mad at me for going. Once we were in the airport getting ready to say goodbye to each other it was still oddly quiet. No one wanted to be the first to say goodbye.

"Im going to miss you Taylor!" said my best friend Kim said as she hugged me goodbye.
As she pulled away I could see tears in her eyes. I could tell just by looking at her that she was fighting them back. I knew that she was sad i was leaving yet proud for me for following my dreams.
My brothers were next to say goodbye. Each one simple but heart felt that it almost made me cry. My mom still hasnt spoke a word since we woke up this morning.

"Im going to miss you mom" I said as i wrapped her in a hug.
She chokes back a sob as she squeezes me for dear life like im never going to come back.
"Ill be fine mom, I have to do this no matter how hard it is for me." I whispered to her as tears stung my eyes as I fought them back.
"I know its just that your my baby its hard to see you go but I know this will be good for you." she replied.
She held me at arms lengh and smiled at me.
"10 o clock flight to London is now boarding!" the anouncer said.
"Goodbye everyone I love you!" I said giving them all one more hug before rushing off to my gate before I missed it.

As I handed the girl my ticket I looked back once more to see my family standing there waving goodbye. My mom and best friend had finally let their tear run. Despite the tears they were smiling from ear to ear. I smiled back and boarded the plane. Once the plane started to take off and I couldnt see the runway anymore I let my tears go. I cried for the fact that I was now on my own in a new place. I cried for the fact that my best friend wasnt here with me on this amazing experience. I cried for the fact the I was finally happy with were my life was going at this moment. I sat there and cried with the biggest smile of my life on my face. This was an adventure I was never going to forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short. Just wanted to try this idea out tell me what you think.