Never Land

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily let her eyes scan over the tree house that Peter Pan’s replacements lived in, taking in the slim wooden panels. She had to admit the craftsmanship was impressive, and it had been Liam, Louis and Harry who helped rebuild her village after an attack by Captain Hook’s son Zayn. She let out a long sigh, straightening the front of her shirt before walking over to the trunk. Her small, rough hands searched the knobby wood until she found the knot she was looking for, causing a small smile to come over her face. Seeing as she was the chief now, she was the only one who was told about the entrance as she pressed the knot into the tree and a ladder rolled down to greet her.

To one who didn’t know where the secret entrance was, the ladder would hit them square in the head. But seeing as Tiger Lily had visited the lost boys, and the lone lost girl, a thousand times before since she’d taken over, she was smart enough to get out of the way. As she quickly climbed up she knew that Liam, Harry, and Jodie would be alerted of someone coming in, and was soon greeted by Harry sticking his head through the door frame before grinning.

“Tiger Lily!” He greeted. “What a pleasant surprise, you’re just in time for dinner.”

“I’m in no mood for soup Harry, thank you.” She said bluntly. Harry pouted at her and she simply walked past him, looking at Liam. She folded her arms in front of her chest, taking a defensive stance. “Where is he?” She asked simply.

“Nice to see you too love.” He muttered, standing and walking over. “And Louis will be back shortly, I promise.” She narrowed her eyes at him and he swallowed nervously.

“How many is he bringing back?” She pressed.

“No more than two, he knows the rules of our agreement.” Liam said coolly. Everyone in Never Land knew that to evoke Tiger Lily’s fury was near suicide, and she and Liam never quite saw eye to eye. The only one Tiger Lily had ever listened to was Peter, and she had even been in love with him as a child. She had thought that the handsome boy had returned her affections when they would adventure together and he would always come to her village, but the day he met Wendy Darling everything changed. The pretty brunette was all Peter could talk about, even after he left, and he didn’t seem to care that it had shattered Tiger Lily’s heart. And on the day he finally left, leaving behind only the protégés that stood before her and Louis, she had cried until she couldn’t see straight. Since then she had sworn to never love again, and had focused all her fury into combat training, becoming one of the most feared and respected leaders in Never Land, and one who had very different ideas about bringing children to come and visit.

She feared that if they brought back too many children somehow adults would find their way here, they would take what they wanted and destroy Never Land, and Tiger Lily refused to let that happen. She thought it was foolish and pointless to bring children to her home as if it were some tourist attraction, and the thought of her people practically being put on display for outsiders to gawk at made her sick. She figured that since Liam and the others hadn’t grown up there, they didn’t respect and love the land as much as she and the other native inhabitants did. In her eyes, they were all children, and not one of them could ever truly replace Peter.

“Tiger Lily.” Jodie said softly, walking over and setting a hand on her shoulder. The two girls smiled before wrapping their arms around each other in a tight hug. Although Tiger Lily may not have agreed with some of the group’s decisions, she had a soft spot for Jodie, who was one of the only girls Tiger Lily could talk to, and not to mention an incredible fighter. “Do you want some soup? It’s Harry’s specialty.” Tiger Lily shook her head simply, pressing her lips together.

“I am having a great feast tonight to celebrate the anniversary of Never Land’s freedom from Captain Hook.” She said simply.

“Can we come?” Jodie asked, smiling. “You know how I love Running Bird’s cooking, much better than Harry’s.”

“Hey!” Harry objected, pouting. “I’m sorry I don’t have three days to prepare feasts.” Jodie rolled her eyes before turning back to Tiger Lily and grinning.

“Will there be dancing? You know how much I love it.”

“Of course.” Tiger Lily said, smiling at her friend. “We’ll be laughing, dancing, and telling stories until the sun rises.”

“Good, maybe we can bring the children along and show them how we party in Never Land.” Liam said simply. Tiger Lily turned to him, her eyes cold once again.

“We are not dancing monkeys for your visitor’s amusement.” She snapped.

“We’re not saying you are.” Liam shot back. “Why do you always seem to think that-”

“Because I might let Jodie and Harry, maybe even Louis come, but not you.”

“Why are you such a bit-”

Liam.” Jodie hissed, putting a hand on his shoulder. The tall boy relaxed, his eyes narrowing at Tiger Lily. She narrowed her eyes right back, about ready to bury a tomahawk in his skull. “What Liam meant to say is, he would really enjoy it if we could all come tonight, even the children.” Tiger Lily took in a deep breath, pushing her silky, raven hair back with one hand.

“Alright, but on one condition.” She said simply.

“Oh what, I have to dance with you?” Liam spat.

“You wish.” She growled. “I wouldn’t dance with you unless you were on fire.” Liam’s eyes narrowed once more as she turned back to Jodie. “I have heard it on the winds that Zayn and his pirates plan to crash our party, and if that happens, I don’t want to have to worry about protecting little kids. So if you bring them, you have to protect them, do we have an agreement?”

“Of course we do!” Harry said, grinning. “As long as you save a dance for me.” Tiger Lily rolled her neyes before turning back to the handsome, green eyed man.

“Maybe if you don’t bring any soup.” Harry pouted again as Tiger Lily turned towards the door, giving a small wave over her shoulder before descending down the ladder. With a small huff she made her way back to the village to start preparing for the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello hello mibba!
Ashlee here, and I will be writing for Tiger Lily
what do you guys think so far?

oxoxoxo
LS