Teeth

Teeth

Zex was a strange little boy. He wasn't at all popular or athletic. He was pale and scrawny with long black hair and shallow grey eyes. In fact, the only thing the boy had in his favor were his teeth. Zex's teeth were perfect.

While the other boy's of Mount Drolen Preparatory Academy for Orphans were playing and rough housing, Zex could be found in the dusty library with a few books on teeth. As strange as it was, the seven year old was absolutely obsessed with them. Big teeth, small teeth, human and animal alike. He loved teeth.

Other boys had collections of bugs or rocks or other things as such. But on the wooden stand by Zex's bunk was a small locking box filled with teeth. It wasn't clear where the boy got them, just that he had hundreds of teeth all perfectly white and taken care of in a little box.

Zex was often seen cleaning his teeth, and not just the ones in his mouth. During brushing time, if another boy hadn't brushed well enough, Zex would scold him and take over. This was possibly why all of the orphans had perfect snow white teeth. No one liked it when Zex decided to take over.

Because he was so strange, none of the others liked him. His only friend was a ginger boy who went to school with him. His name was Donny, and his father was a dentist.

As the years passed and the boys got older, the boys started getting interested in girls and getting good jobs, but Zex wasn't interested. He became a dentist, just so he could be around teeth.

But by now his obsession had grown to the point it was dangerous, and the now eighteen year old snapped. One night, just after the people of his village had all gone to bed, Zex snuck into every house and ripped every single tooth from their mouths.

Big teeth, small teeth, child and adult. He stole all of their teeth, and as odd as it seemed, none woke up while their jaws were being worked.

That morning, the bewildered toothless villagers ran out to the square in their night clothes and what they saw was terrifying. Giggling manicly, Zex sat atop a pile of teeth, cleaning as they'd always seen him do.

The villagers were so scared they burned him alive, but the children of the other villages felt sorry for him, and they started putting their lost teeth under their pillows as a memorial.

When they woke, their was no teeth, but a silver coin. And that is how the tooth fairy was born.