Status: Ruby red slippers.

Oz

Cecily Eppet

As she watched Ilithyia and Harry go, Cecily couldn’t help but smile warmly. She had always known that Ilithyia was born to travel the world, and she knew Harry would take good care of her friend. But now it came to say goodbye to her other friends as she turned to Louis and Marianne.

They all sat at the end of the parade, and they all knew the time had come as they mayor stood beside them. As the mayor began his long speech, Louis grabbed Cecily’s hand, leading her off the back of the stage so they could have a moment. He kept her hands in his, looking into her deep brown eyes as he let out a long sigh.

“So, this is really going to be it, isn’t it?” He asked, intertwining their fingers. “Marianne and I are going to go home and… and leave you behind?” She nodded, the pain in his brilliant blue eyes killing her.

“I’m afraid so.” She murmured. He pressed his lips together, closing his eyes as Cecily was pulled forward by something deep inside her, causing her to wrap her arms around Louis. He gripped her back, burying his face in her hair and trying to memorize its scent. Finally he pulled back, cradling her face in his hands.

“Cecily, come with us.” He whispered. Her eyes grew wide as he looked at hers, his eyes pleading.

“What?”

“To Kansas.” He clarified. “I can show you my world, and you can talk to all the trees you want and you can spend every day with me. Please Cecily.” She sighed, reaching up and setting her hand over one of his. Her eyes stayed on the ground before moving to her friends, and she could see Liam and Marianne were in a similar state as she gripped him to her.

“Louis…” She whispered. “This is where I belong.” She could see the crushed look on his face as his hands fell to his sides and he pressed his lips together. She reached back out, holding him and nuzzling into his chest.

“Cecily, I can’t lose you.” He murmured, his grip tightening, please.”

“You’ll never lose me Louis.” She promised. She took his hand, setting it on her heart. “Because this will always belong to you, and in that way, I become immortal in your mind. Because no matter what happens when you go home, you know that, no matter what, there is a girl here in Oz who loves you.” He started blinking quickly again, and Cecily felt a tear slide down her own cheek.

“What’s the point of loving you if I never get to see you again?” He whispered. She smiled through her tears, standing on her tip toes and pressing her lips softly to his.

“Love finds a way Louis.” She promised. “If we are meant to be together, our love will find a way.” He locked his fingers with hers, burying his face in her hair again.

“I just don’t want to leave you.” He promised. “What if you wander into the trees and something happens? What if you get hurt because I’m not here to protect you?” She giggled, bringing her forehead down to his so she could try to memorize his perfect eyes.

“I have Liam here to keep me grounded, and he has me to keep him company.” She turned back to the boy she saw as a brother once again, who was holding Marianne and looking back to her and Louis, smiling sadly. “I can’t leave him, he’s the only family I’ve ever had.” She murmured. Liam nodded to her, silently telling her and Louis that the time had finally come. She turned to Louis again, who crashed his lips to hers, cradling her face in his hand.

She felt like dragon fire was flowing from the ends of her hair to the tips of her toes as Louis kissed her, his other hand holding the small of her back. She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck as Louis’ lips seemed to fuse to hers. But all too soon he pulled away, taking her hand as they walked back to the stage where the mayor was smiling, unaware of the heartbreak he was causing.

“Now, since you all have returned Glinda’s wand to us, we can send the two of you home with relative ease.” He smiled. “Liam, seeing as you were leader of this outfit, would you care to do the honors?” Liam smiled sadly, pressing his lips together.

“I’d be honored.” He whispered. But before he took the wand he turned to Marianne, the two of them reading the others mind as they shot forward, Liam holding her close as they gave each other a loving, heartbreaking kiss. Louis looked on, kissing Cecily’s temple before he turned his face to his.

“Somehow, I will find you again Cecily.” He murmured. She smiled, tears stinging her eyes.

“I look forward to that day Louis.” She whispered. With that Marianne took her brother’s hand, pulling him away. Cecily stood there, fighting off tears before she heard Liam’s voice.

“Cec.” She looked over to see he was just as miserable as she was as he held the spell book in his hands. “Care to help me?” Cecily nodded, walking over and standing beside Liam, placing her hand just under his. They then smiled sadly at Louis and Marianne, knowing they were doing the right thing even though it killed them both.

“Eritque arcus in quodam loco de hyacintho caelo sunt.” They said in perfect unison. At the sound of their strained voices, a bright, white light filled the square, blinding everyone. And When Cecily opened her eyes, Louis and Marianne were gone. She felt tears sting her eyes before they rolled down her cheeks. She felt arms around her and collapsed into Liam, whimpering.

“What are we going to do Li?” She whimpered, holding him. He sighed, rubbing her back.

“We’ll think of something Cecily.” He said, gripping her tightly. “I know it’s hard now, but I promise, it’s all going to turn out alright.” She pulled back, looking at her friend.

“You really think so?” She asked. He smiled, nodding.

“We live in Oz, Cecily. It’s the land where dreams come true.” With that they turned back to the crowd, smiling with Rowan and Niall as they began a new chapter in the Land of Oz.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww
What will happen to Marianne and Louis when they get home?