Status: This is not the end! Hold on people!

Don't Leave Me

Chapter 7

"Scarlett?" someone from behind me hissed my name.
It was Star, the girl from before. I sighed, and stood up. I walked over to where she was sitting, on a 4 post canopy bed. We covered the canopy all around us.
"Scarlett. We haven't really talked. Shall we start over?" she smiled softly. I smiled back and nodded.
"My name is Star. Half vampire. David's girlfriend. Nice to meet you." she said in an old fashioned voice, and she stuck her hand out for me to shake it.
"Scarlett. Half vampire, don't have a boyfriend. Nice to meet you too!" I giggled.
"Um, I wanted to talk to you. About Marko." she said slowly, choosing her words carefully. I nodded. "I'm worried about him, really. He can't think straight, and he's quieter than usual. I think it's about you and Paul--"
"Nothing is going on between me and Paul!" I interrupted angrily. She was taken aback.
"Sorry! I-I didn't mean to-"
No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped like that." I sighed. "It's kind of complicated."
She took my hand, and suddenly, she gasped. She looked distant, like she was watching something. She closed her eyes, and started breathing heavily, as if coming up from the surface of the sea.
"How did you do that?" she asked me quietly. I was puzzled.
"Do-do what?" I asked, frowning.
"You just-, it was like watching a TV, when I touched your hand it was like, a documentary! I just saw your whole past. I've never seen anything like it." she explained.
"Really? So this all started when you touched my hand?" I was gobsmacked. How could I do that?
"Let's go try this out." I said, and Star followed me off the bed and into the open space where the boys were talking. Who to go to? I looked at them all. They stopped talking and looked at us expectantly. Aha, David. I walked up to him, with a warm gentle smile on my face. He smiled back, his eyebrows furrowed.
"Hey Scarlett, what are-" Before he could finish his sentence, I took his hand in mine. His eyes widened. He had the same expression as Star. It finished. He gave me a puzzled look.
"How did you...do that...?" he said to me. The other boys looked confused. I went up to Dwayne, and held his hand. Same expression. He took some deep breaths when it finished.
"Wow." I went over to Paul, and his hand was already out for me to take. I smiled and clutched his hand tight. When it was over, he looked at me.
"Don't worry, I understand." he said, with a sad smile on his face.
"It's not all bad, Paul." I said quietly. He nodded his head.
"Do what you have to do." he said. I nodded. Star was watching me from where she sat with David. She smiled and nodded at me. I turned to see Marko, looking at me expectantly. I walked to him. He drew his hand away.
"What will happen?" he asked me worriedly.
"It wont hurt, if that's what your asking."
He hesitated, then allowed me to place my hand on his. same expression again. His eyes widened as it came to a close.
He looked at me, a mixture of emotions in his eyes.
I sat on a deckchair, facing them all.
"You have a gift, Scarlett."