Status: Should I continue, yes/no?

Protector

[OC] Protector ch. 1

"Oh what a waste of a perfectly good, clean wrist."
Emily hummed along to the angelic voice flowing through her headphones. She was sitting on her bed, surrounded by the dark. It was 5am on a winter morning, meaning that it was going to be a few hours before the sun rose high enough to start melting the snow. If the sun was able to break through the heavy clouds. She got up and walked over to the window, pulling back the curtain slightly. It was Monday morning, and the first day of school. But perhaps not, for the snow outside was drifting down, adding inch by inch of powdery white to the buried grass outside. Even her window pane was covered in it.

Perhaps school would be cancelled- it usually was, even with heavy rain. So she didn't bother getting changed, she simply walked back to the warmth and security of her blankets. Her iPod shuffled to the next song, and Decembers by Hawthorne Heights started playing. The ghost of a smile crossed Emily's face, and she sighed, then paused the song. it was completely silent in the house, apart from the odd snore coming from down the hall. Her mum was a loud snorer.

Emily's dad wasn't here, he was a flight attendant and was hardly ever home, but her parents were loyal and held a strong relationship. The job made good money, enough to buy food and clothes, school stuff and even a little treat every now and then, in the form of a trip to the river. Emily had two brothers, one younger called Liam, 6, and an older one who had left home now, 18. She herself was only 15. Her mum was in her late thirties, same with her dad.

Emily loved her family. They were always there for her, she corresponded with her dad via email and calling when he was in the country, and her mum was always at home. Home life was good, in her opinion. It was just when she got to school, the death glares, the names, the abuse started. All etched into her mind. Her iPod had been bumped and skipped to the next song without Emily realizing it, and as she slipped her headphones back in, the lyrics of Blink-182 made their way into her ears.
"Don't waste your time on me, you're already a voice inside my head."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes or no?
Trigger warning for the next chapter.