Sequel: Achluophobia
Status: Done

Pocrescophobia

We'll love again, we'll laugh again

Today is the day. The day that I pack my stuff into a car and embark on an extensive journey to a completely different state with completely different (yet overall the same) people who I'll be spending two shorts months with. Plus, it'll give me a good opportunity to hang out with Uncle Charles and Aunt Dana. Along with sorting my thoughts out. But whatever. It's only been about three days since the incident, but it only took me a little while to get my important stuff together and pack it all up. I was actually done yesterday, but my parents insisted on waiting another day for some random reason.

It's early in the morning, about 4:30 in the morning, but we need to leave early to get there at about 8 p.m. 4:30. In. The. Fucking. Morning. But I went to sleep early rather than staying up all night and sleeping during the ride. I could never do that, I always love going on car rides and seeing the different places and sunrises and sunsets. Yeah, I know I sound overdramatic and stupid, but it's true.

So at around 4:45, we finally head out, once we wake up John to say goodbye before we leave, leaving all the problems behind. At least some of them.

=

Well, it's a good thing that I stayed up during the car ride because oh my gosh there were so many bridges and pretty things and sigh. It was just nice. And as we drive along the quiet roads of Alabama, the sun begins to finally fall, wanting sleep almost as much as I do. But as the sun sets, I'm captivated by the sight. It's nothing like dull Texas where everything is completely flat and there are no trees anywhere (at least where I live). The array of colors fills the blank canvas of a sky, overlapping with the looming trees, creating color everywhere. The two states are so fucking different. Even the sunsets seem to be different. Hopefully, the people will be at least a little different, for the better.

Soon, we arrive in front of a nice looking house, not too big and not too small. The front yard is green and well kept, unlike our unevenly green and withered grass. Not long after we pull up, the wooden front door opens to reveal my smiling aunt and uncle. I didn't even realise how excited I was to see them before now. It's been about two years since I've last seen them, and it really sucks because they're really awesome to be with.

I stumble out of the U-Haul sleepily, lazily smiling at Charles and Dana. Once they hug me for the first time in two years, I start to hug back weakly, before letting them talk to Mom and Dad in private. Something about my eating habits, I'm sure. Ugh. Whatever. I'm just glad to be here and away from those goddamn people.

With the four of them unloading (I'm not much help because I'm really weak and get worn out easily), time passes quickly and then we all head up to our bedrooms to get a good night's rest before Mom and Dad have to head out again.

Early in the morning, I'm woken up by my mom shaking me. With a grumble, I sit up, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Whuuhh?" I ask, already so sharp and alert so soon after waking (insert sarcasm). Mom just hugs me as Dad sits on the foot of my bed. "It's time for us to go, baby. Just remember that if you ever need to come home early, just call and you'll be here in no time. And just... try to eat more and healthier, okay? You're my beautiful baby boy and I don't want to see you destroy yourself. So please. Just try. And your father and I are so sorry for everything we ever did to you," she says, holding me to her as she tries to say as much as she can. Dad is nodding off in the background. With a sleepy nod, I yawn and hug her back until they finally hug me goodbye once more.

Within seconds, I'm asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
title cred: I Never Told You What I Do For A Living - My Chemical Romance

I thought that this chapter needed a My Chem title. I just. I can't. I. No. I can't. I. Ugh. No. Help.
Sorry it's short but I just really felt like I needed to write at least something, but I'm really torn up ugh.

tumblr.

comment/sub/whatever
-Sarah.