Sequel: Achluophobia
Status: Done

Pocrescophobia

Will I ever see you again?

After my mental health day, I decided to take matters into my own hands and confront some of my 'friends', telling them to either lay off on being assholes because I'm done with that part of my life or to fuck off. Most stayed, nearly begging for my forgiveness, but some still left, not capable of being a decent person. Good thing I still have a lot of friends still on my side though. I don't think that I could go through a repeat of my first 8 years of school. But let's not talk about that...

Well, it's been three days since the incident, and to my surprising chagrin, Arden has been absent from school. Oh god what if he moved or something? What if he never comes back? Wait, at least his brother's still here, maybe I can ask him... If I can keep him from punching me in the face long enough. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually starting to... miss the guy.God, I don't even know what's going on inside me right now. I don't even feel comfortable enough admitting that. What's going on? I'm not comfortable feeling this way.

There's still 30 minutes until class starts and I'm sitting around, peacefully listening to my friends talk about whatever they usually talk about. By this point, they don't even expect me to listen anymore. I usually don't anyway. I've always been more of the listen in the background person. At least, until I'm needed. I don't know, sometimes I think that I'm just not cut out for friendship. Maybe that's why--

My thoughts are cut off when I see John walking towards to boys' bathroom out of the corner of my eye. Showtime.

"Um, I'll see you later guys. I need to go... talk to a teacher about something," I say, not even trying to think of a better excuse. They just shrug and go back to talking while I walk off towards the bathroom. They don't question my actions anymore, they've learned not to, because I'm not going to explain myself anyway.

I wait a couple of minutes before walking in, not wanting to catch him while he's peeing. That would be horrible. And awkward. Thankfully, when I walk in, he's washing his hands at the sink. As soon as he catches a glimpse of my face, he whirls around promptly, already adopting a deep glare.

"What the hell do you want?" he sneers, towering over me angrily. I hold my hands up in a gesture of peace. "I'm not here to pick a fight. I just wanted to know..." I hesitate. Maybe I shouldn't have done this. Maybe he won't tell me anything, maybe he'll try to punch me again. I should've thought this out more.

"You wanted to know what?" John snaps, getting impatient and irritated. I sigh, looking down ashamedly. "I just wanted to know if your brother's okay." Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have done this. But I need to know.

My eyes start to widen and my heart starts to race in fear as he pushes me up against the wall, rage filling his eyes to the brim. "You have no fucking right to ask if he's okay. It's your goddamn fault he's like this anyway, why do you even care? You're even dumber than I thought if you're really gonna pretend to care and then humiliate him. Just fucking leave him and me alone. And if you don't, then I will stop at nothing to make sure that you're out of the picture," he growls, not letting me get a word in.

Before I can even try to explain that I really do feel and I just wanna tell him I'm sorry, he storms out of the bathroom, slamming the door closed as he exits. Well, that was a great idea.

=

I let out a deep sigh, running a hand over my tired face before slowly walking out of the bathroom. Rather than going back to my friends, where I'm sure they're going to ask questions about why I'm back so soon and John just stomped by, looking enraged. I don't want to deal with that right now. So I walk to my locker leisurely, opening it, and immediately sticking my head inside the metal walls. I just lay my head there, on top of my binder, for a couple of minutes until I hear footsteps nearby.

When I raise my head, I notice a random girl I've seen a few times walking in my direction. She notices me and saunters over, sashaying her hips a bit. Finally, she stops in front of me and smirks, pouting her pink lips a bit.

"Hey there," she says in a low, sultry voice. I nod at her before getting my binder out. "My name's Brooklyn. Wanna get out of here?" she asks, batting her eyelashes up at me innocently. A few weeks ago, I would've jumped at the offer. Hell, I would've been the one asking her. But I think that for once, I'm actually not interested. What the hell is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
title cred: Mt. Diablo - The Story So Far

Brooklyn

Oooohohohoooh he's starting to get confused. I'm so excited bc of what's going to happen in a while in the story adfhjskghsjg,ksd. So bummed because of My Chem doe.

tumblr

-Sarah.