Sequel: Achluophobia
Status: Done

Pocrescophobia

Need you like water in my lungs.

A vociferous sound blares throughout the house, and I awake to the sounds of my so-called family yelling at me to 'turn the damn thing off.' Fucking alarm's never done me any good. Well, apart from waking me on time every day for years. I decide to let it blare for a few extra minutes, just to piss them off. Once I get my fill of their suffering, I turn on my laptop and play Brand New to get ready to, much like every other morning. After I finish dressing myself in the latest top fashion--insert sarcasm--I just sit around, trying to put off seeing my family for as long as possible. They used to actually invite me down to breakfast with them. They soon learned from the misconception that I would ever eat breakfast, much less with them. Today I make an effort not to weigh myself, but I ended up doing it anyway. I'm still losing, but not nearly enough to get to my goal.

My phone finally lets out a quick alert to show that I have a text, obviously from Cheyenne announcing her arrival just as she's done for the past year. I quickly make my way downstairs, blatantly ignoring my family just as I usually do, and slide into my best friend's comfortable next to my other good friends, Aubrey and her brother Sawyer.

"Hey, Ardy!" Aubrey cheers, giving me a hug, which I quickly flinch at. I hate people touching me. Even Cheyenne. I can't really explain it, but it's especially bad in the hallways when it's clogged fuller with people than a toilet not flushed for weeks. It's not claustrophobia or anything, I mean, I'm fine in small places and shit like that, I just can't deal with people touching me. And of course, somehow Cyan figured that out and used it to his advantage. What else did I expect?

"Hey, Aubrey," I mumble, nodding at Sawyer who nods back. Ah, Sawyer. He's one of the few people who actually understands personal space. Not to mention he's a pretty cool guy and not bad to look at either. But I don't think I could ever think of him that way, seeing as he's been one of my close friends for years. He's more of a brother than anything. I wish that he was my brother instead of fucking John. Maybe then, my home life would be tolerable.

The ride to the school is spent in a comfortable silence, none of us quite awake enough to support conversation. Oh, I am really not looking forward to this day. Today is the first day back from Spring Break, and just that is depressing enough. And then this feeling that something bad's going to happen hits me as I get out of the car.

Speaking of something bad happens, here comes Cyan walking straight towards me, and he doesn't look happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
title cred: Play Crack the Sky - Brand New

Um ya. Does anyone wanna write for Cyan?
My updating will probably start to go down bc school starts again tomorrow. So idk.

-Sarah