Sequel: Achluophobia
Status: Done

Pocrescophobia

Bend the rules until they break

The next few days are spent hanging out with Arden and his parents, and it’s really awesome. Especially when I can just look at him and know that he’s finally mine. I’m still not convinced that this isn’t a dream. It’s almost too good to be true. I mean, really. Him agreeing to be my friend, then making the first real move, agreeing to be my boyfriend, and trying to forgive me. Jeez. But hell, I’m not complaining at all. Not one bit, no sir.

Right now, Arden and I are hanging out while his parents pack their last few things so that we can head back tonight. We’re right in the middle of just lying on his bed and chilling when suddenly, his phone rings. With an apologetic glance to me, he answers, immediately greeting Cheyenne. But his happen expression soon turns caring and he glances at me a few times while answering her about something that I can’t really guess.

“Yeah, I mean, you can try to, but I don’t think that they’ll fit you. What size do you wear? … Yeah, I don’t think that they’ll fit you. Did you ask… Okay, well… Wait, hold on a second.” The distressed boy turns to me and gives me a sheepish smile. He holds his hand over his phone and addresses me.

“Um, Cyan? Do you think that maybe Cheyenne could borrow some of your clothes for school for this week? She’s just, uh, she just needs some guy clothes. Would you mind?” I shrug and reply, “I don’t mind. I can take some to her tomorrow. Tell her to find me by my locker at 7.”

Arden beams and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before happily telling Cheyenne the information I just gave him. Letting his friend borrow my clothes is worth seeing him so happy. Plus, it’s not like I care. I wonder why she needs them though. Oh well. She’ll tell me if she wants to. No use forcing information. See where it got me last time? Plus, if I let her do this, maybe she’ll actually start to like me as a person and it’ll help with Arden. I mean, it’ll be difficult being with someone if all of their friends hate you.

So the rest of the day passes slowly as we chill out for the last time for two weeks. So as night falls, we hit the road after saying a tearful (on his parents’ part) goodbye. Hours later, we arrive back in our town, ready to get out of the car and back into our beds. Finally, I get back into my house, saying thanks to Arden’s parents and saying hello to my own parent. My mom goes to bed soon after, already exhausted from staying up to wait for me. I really wish she didn’t though, so that she could get as much sleep as possible. She’s been working really hard recently and she deserves more sleep. But I couldn’t talk her out of it when I was texting her earlier. Oh, stubborn mothers. Well, time to get to bed. After a quick text to Arden, that is.

=

My alarm wakes me up just in time to get a quick shower and pick out some clothes, for both me and Cheyenne. Ah shit, what kind does she want? Whatever, I’ll just pick out some random shit that doesn’t look too bad. That’s what I do for myself. So, I pick out something for myself, put it on, and do my usual Cyan shit, and then head out for school, a second pair of clothes in my backpack. And I still have fifteen minutes until I have to be at my locker. Luckily, the school is pretty close to my house.

At 6:55, I stride into the school, making my way to my locker a few halls away. As I approach it, I can already see a nervous figure standing there, and I check my watch. 6:59. Perfect. Just to be an ass, as I reach my locker to the back of Cheyenne, I decide to tap her on the shoulder, which causes her to squeak and jump. The infuriated and neurotic girl turns around, ready to punch someone. But the relief is evident as she finally realises that it’s me. She lets out a sigh and gives me an abashed smile.

“So, uh, do you—“ she starts, but then I open my backpack, handing her the clothes once I pull them out. Cheyenne takes them gratefully and looks through them, approving of my choices. Well, I mean, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am pretty stylish. Did I really just fucking say that? Oh, lord… “I didn’t know whether or not to put underwear in there, too, but I think that you have that covered, unless you’re going commando,” I inform her, smirking the whole time. She rolls her eyes at me, but smirks back slightly. “Yeah, I have that covered. Um, thanks though. And for y’know, not asking or anything.” I just shrug, smiling a bit.

“I don’t know, I mean, that’s your own deal. I’m not that kind of person anymore,” I tell her. And once I put some things up, I turn around and walk away, leaving a girl standing there with a gaping mouth.

Honestly, I have a pretty good hunch of what it is, but that’s her own thing to sort out. And I’m cool with letting her borrow my clothes until she gets clothes of her own and gets herself sorted out. Plus, after this, she might not hate me as much. Hopefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
title cred: Tables Turned - Neck Deep

So yeah. Things are gonna switch to other POVs for a little while after this xoxo

tumblr
-Sarah