Sequel: Achluophobia
Status: Done

Pocrescophobia

I made mortar from the mix

=Cheyenne's POV=

Once Cyan leaves, I finally get my mind together and make my way to the bathrooms. For a minute or so, I stand there, having an inner battle on which bathroom I should go into. I give a final sigh and make my way into the girl’s bathroom, checking that no one’s in there first. About five minutes later, I walk out of the bathroom looking completely different. Well, a completely different gender at least. Watch out bitches, Cheyenne’s gone and Shae took her place.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and I finally decided to just go for it. This is who I really am inside and why should I deny it just because I’m worried about what some assholes will think? So what if I really think, act, and feel like a guy? It’s no one else’s goddamn business. So here I am, striding through the halls confidently and smirking at the looks that everyone’s giving me. But what does it matter? I feel better and I think I even look better. I wish Arden was here to see me. Oh well, I can just tell him about it later. But Arden has been giving me the courage to do it, like giving me pep talks and saying to just be who I wanna be regardless of how people feel. And honestly, it helped a lot.

Whale, I guess it’s time for first period now. Time to shine.

=

Well, that wasn’t too bad. Sure, there were a lot of sarcastic remarks, but honestly, why should I care? They’re not going to go anywhere in life whatsoever, so why should I care about their opinions? They’re just jealous of me. But I did notice one person that kept giving me stares. And not bad ones either. Who was she? I know I’ve noticed her before, but where? Oh, yeah, that Lauren or whatever girl. She’s Cyan’s friend. Oh god, I hope she’s not a bitch.

But as I walk from one class to another, the girl catches up with me and taps me on the shoulder.

“Um, hey,” she says nervously. I stare at her for a second, but then reply, “Hi.” She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear and stares me in the eyes. “I-I really think that what you’re doing it great. My sister—well, used to be brother—did this a while back and she had a hard time going through it. So, I know this sounds weird or stupid or whatever, but if you ever wanna talk or anything, you can find m/e and I’m down.”

And I’m speechless for a few minutes, standing there, looking like a complete idiot. “Uh-Um, thanks. It’s good to know that not everyone thinks I’m some attention whore freak,” I finally respond. She gives me a look of sympathy, but I brush it off. It’s not like I care anyway. “I don’t really care though,” I add, “I mean, it’s not like their opinions matter anyway. They’re complete narrow minded idiots and I’m content with the way I am and they’re gonna change that.” And she smiles again.

“That’s really great. I’m glad that you’re not letting it get to you because no one deserves to hide who they are just because of some bastards. Oh yeah! I’m Lauren,” the cheery girl tells me, holding out her petite hand. I hesitantly put mine around hers.

“I’m Shae.”
♠ ♠ ♠
title cred: The Last Lost Continent - La Dispute

Aw yiss

-Sarah