Sequel: Achluophobia
Status: Done

Pocrescophobia

I might be proud but at least I’m proud of something

Although I want to shout to the world that Shae is mine, I’m also eager to find out what Arden and Cyan have planned for us. Though knowing my best friend, it’ll be nothing short of either extremely awesome or extremely embarrassing or both combined. Don’t ask how, he just has a way. Then again, if I was setting him and Arden up, I would shoot for nothing but the best for him.

The next day passes pretty slowly as the four of us catch up and hang out. Throughout the entire time, Arden and Cyan kept giving each other “sneaky” glances and stuff like that. Shae and I could barely keep from hysterically laughing. It was cute how sly they think they are, when in reality, they’re about as sneaky as a loaf of bread. If they were bread, they’d be the end pieces. Just kind of awkwardly standing there but secretly loved because they go together so well.

So, a day later, we find ourselves standing in Arden’s room, giving our own versions of a goodbye to the brown eyed boy. It really sucks that we have to leave so soon because I was really enjoying myself hanging out with Arden. As I expected, he’s a sweet guy and he’s pretty cool. He’s really good for Cyan. I can’t wait until he’s finally gained some weight on that skeletal figure and gotten better so that he can get out and we can all hang out together.

“Bye, Arden. It was really great hanging out with you,” I tell him, giving him a small smile and bringing him into a hug. Arden hugs me back, laughing slightly. “Yeah, it was awesome chilling with you, too,” he starts, and then leans in slightly to whisper in my ear. “Take of Shae, okay?” he asks. I respond with a smile, holding my pinky out.

“Pinky promise. If you promise to take of Cyan,” I propose quietly, careful not to catch the attention of the others chatting to each other a few feet away, absorbed in their conversation. Arden wraps his pinky around mine with a light grin. “Promise,” he replies as we shake our pinkies slightly and then pull them apart, facing the two others as they peacefully bicker, the hostility of previous years wiped from their auras. I’m glad that they’ve tried to put the past behind them.

After a few minutes, we had to nearly drag Cyan away from Arden and force him to go back to the hotel with us to get some sleep before we head out in a few hours. We could only get him away with promises of coming back to say one last goodbye to Arden before we finally leave. Although cute, it was annoying as hell for us to drag the pouting boys away from each other.

So true to our word, we meet Arden outside and his chaperone a few hours later outside of the building. Cyan and Arden immediately embrace, mumbling things to each other too low and personal for us to hear. So the four of us just stand around awkwardly, trying to avoid direct vision of the intimate moment. Finally, about thirty trillion uncomfortable years later, the two finally separate and cough awkwardly, filling the air with an almost painful atmosphere. The four of us give the small boy one last hug and a few words before piling into the two cars and heading back. I fall asleep in the backseat within in moments, lulled to sleep by the sweet melody of Shae’s heartbeat.

=

The next thing I remember is blearily walking out of the car and into my house before passing out in my bed almost immediately. A smile is on my face as my mind goes through the memories of this weekend. The last thing I see in my head before completely losing consciousness is the sweet smile of Shae and how I finally get to call him mine.

=

Well, this week was the last week of school and it’s been a pretty nice one. I mean, only one more year and we’re totally done. That’s pretty crazy in itself and I’m so caught up in my thoughts on that, I barely even register that summer break is coming until it sneaks up on me during the last period of the last day. So, there I was, texting Shae with a sly smile, finally able to talk to him the way I really wanted to without letting Cyan know that we’re together. Without me noticing, the class had become restless and anxious, staring at the clock as the countdown began. Finally, I looked up from my phone, noticing the antsy faces of my classmates and I finally remembered. Summer! It’s actually happening! It’s not just a myth, holy shit, I can’t believe it. Summer!

The fever of beach days and hanging out with Shae under the blazing, grinning sun finally hit me and I joined the crowd as I take on an equally, if not more, impatient and excited demeanor. Only 3 more minutes and I was out of there. Those were the longest 3 minutes of my life, I shit you not. By the time the bell rang, I was already three fourths of the way out the door. And here we are, running down the hall. I don’t even bother shouting a goodbye to my teacher as I race down the hallway, anxious to find my secret boyfriend and attack him with my newfound pent up energy.

Although before I can find my beloved Shae, Cyan stops me with a grin, nearly holding me down.

“Hey, Lo, wanna hang out with me at the beach tomorrow?” he asks innocently. I nod quickly, missing the sly look in his eyes. “Great, I’ll text you later.” I nod briefly in return and race off, trying desperately to find Shae. With a squeal, I finally catch sight of the slouched boy with a lazy, beautiful grin lighting up his face. Without any warning, I run from behind and jump, catching the gorgeous boy off guard as I attach myself to his back.

“Hey,” I giggle, not caring about the many eyes glancing at us, confused but not bothering to question it anymore. “Hey,” he responds, giving me a lazy smile as I grab my bag from the ground next to us. Without a word, he just puts an arm around my shoulders and we walk outside to his car, leaving behind the remnants of junior year.

“So, did Cyan invite you to the beach, too?” Shae asks as we get into his (thankfully) air-conditioned car. I shoot him a confused look. “Yeah, he invited you? Oh! Do you think that—“

He cuts me off. “I really hope it is because I’m getting tired of having to hide it around Cyan. I’m surprised he hasn’t caught on yet. Then again, he’s wrapped up in his own world half of the time anyway.” I nod in response, letting a nice silence fill the air until we finally reach his house.

“You know what I think we should do?” I ask as we situate ourselves in his room and put in a movie. “What?”

“I think that we should really mess with them. I already have a plan. Okay, so we’ll just…”
♠ ♠ ♠
title cred: Bite My Tongue (feat Oli Sykes) - You Me At Six

Totally sorry guys. I've just had total writer's block for a while and then I was gonna do it yesterday but my friend spent the night and then I was gonna do it today but my parents took me to see Iron Man 3 (so perfect omf) and then I had a bad upset stomach and I was like are you fucking kidding me. But I came up with something, ya feel. I wish it was summer here. We still have testing, small break of review, and another straight week of testing until the end. It'll only be a few more chapters and then I finish with Shae and Lauren (for the time being, if I want to bring them back later) then go back to Cyan and Arden and I have a bunch of cute shit planned but OH MY GOD this guy on tumblr followed me and his name is arden and he's 17 and his blog is how arden's would be and i was like KSDHFIODGHSDKGJN HOW. so yea. I also went on a huge NSN, YMAS, and ATL kick for like a week straight holla

tumblr
-Sarah