Status: trying to get back into writing so hopefully updating pretty regularly?

Can I Take You Home?

chapter four

When the two finally stopped walking it was because Austin came to a stop in front of a small, shabby looking pizza place. He opened the door and held it, bowing low and gesturing for Alan to go inside first. Alan was pleasantly surprised, he adored pizza and the atmosphere of the restaurant was welcoming, if a little out of date. There was also a bit of him that was flailing on the inside because he was on a date with Cute Nose Ring Guy!! He was on a date with Cute Nose Ring Guy and he’d opened the door for him and was being all gentlemanly and shit and Alan was completely and utterly charmed.

“I know this place isn’t much to look at but I swear the pizza here will change your life, I’ve been coming here for years.” Austin enthused, following Alan into the building and letting the door close behind them. It took a minute for Alan’s eyes to adjust to the darkness inside, since most of the light coming in was through the dirty store windows. He was a little dubious about the place if he was honest, but if it was good enough for Austin it was good enough for him.

“So what topping do you want?” Austin asked when Alan didn’t say anything after a couple of minutes. “I’m down for anything except pepperoni because it makes my lips swell up and I’d kind of like them normal size in case you let me kiss you later. If you want pepperoni though we can get split toppings or something I’ll stop talking now I’m an idiot.”

Alan had to mentally restrain himself from leaning up and kissing him right now, he was so ridiculously into this guy. “Cheese would be good. Nothing like pepperoni lips to ruin a first kiss. Not that I really think it’d be bad even if your lips were all swelled up.”

“I will definitely keep that in mind for later.” Austin winked and gave Alan one of his giant, adorable grins with the teeth and the tongue biting and the eye crinkles and Alan fell a little more in like with him. Austin then leaned over the deserted counter and yelled in the direction of what Alan assumed was the kitchen door, “Charlie? You back there?”

A loud clattering sound came from behind the door and then a middle aged guy with greying hair and an obnoxiously yellow t-shirt burst through it, flashing them a toothy smile. “Austin! About time you came in and saw me, it’s been months. Too cool to hang out with an old guy that makes pizza now you’re a rock star?” He sounded cheerful but there seemed to be an edge of seriousness in his words that made Austin look a little guilty. Alan was just confused for the most part. A rock star? What?

“Sorry Charlie, I’ve been really busy with everything recently and I finally got a place with a nice kitchen so I had a chance to learn to cook and I’ve been meaning to come and say hi, I’m sorry. I’m not a rock star either, dick. It’s just a few local shows, the other guys aren’t even that serious about it, I’m not holding my breath or anything. This is Alan by the way,” Austin said everything in a rush, looking kind of like a child that knew they’d done something wrong, Alan thought it was adorable.

“Nice to meet you Alan! Been a while since Austin bought a guy in here. Gotta say you’re a definite step up from the last one.” Austin blushed bright red at that, rolling his eyes at Charlie. Alan was starting to wonder what they were even doing there, to be honest. “Where are my manners though, I’m guessing you two are here for pizza, rather than listening to me? What’ll it be, boys?”

Austin looked massively relieved at the change of subject. “Can we get an extra large cheese pizza and a couple of cokes please?” Charlie nodded, apparently all talked out, and went back into the kitchen. Austin took the opportunity to take Alan’s hand again and guide them over to a table in the corner. “Sorry about all of that, I hadn’t realised how long it’s been since I’ve come here. Thought there’d be more people here too.” He sighed, shooting Alan a tired smile.

“So, you’re in a band?” Alan asked, sensing a change of subject was probably in order. Austin gave him a small nod. “Jesus, how do you keep getting more and more attractive you asshole?” He hadn’t really meant to say it, but at least he didn’t think it’d go over too badly, given the kissing conversation they’d had only minutes before.

Austin laughed, a loud, happy, beautiful sound, and ducked his head. “Woah, I think I should be saying that to you Mr. Ridiculously-Cute-And-Good-With-Animals-And-Funny-And-All-Round-Kind-Of-Amazing. But yeah, I’ve been screaming in this little hardcore band I started with a few of my friends? It’s mostly just for laughs though. But it’s fun, you should come see us some time, you can stand side stage with all the too cool for this assholes, it’ll be great!”

“Yeah, I’d like that,” Alan laughed, biting his lip to keep from smiling too much. His stomach had gone all mushy and fluttery at the same time and it was kind of unnerving, he’d never felt like this about someone before, as lame as it sounded. “So about that kissing thing...” he trailed off, staring across the table at Austin, his eyes flickering between his eyes and his lips every couple of seconds. He was so goddamn pretty it wasn’t even fair.

“Yeah, now seems like a pretty good time for that,” Austin smiled, brushing a strand of ginger hair away from his eyes, a bit pointlessly since it fell straight back across his face after a second, and starting to lean forward, his palm now resting on Alan’s cheek. Alan could feel Austin’s breath hot on his face and his whole body felt like it was full of sparks when their lips finally brushed.

“Got your drinks! Sorry it took so long, there was an oven drama.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is kind of lame. at least i updated pretty fast this time? at least fast by my standards, please be proud of me. i'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week but i'll have my laptop with me so i may or may not be writing idk
thanks so much to aswesleepwewalk for mentioning this in the final chapter of keen on boys, it made my day seeing it. i also saw this fic on a reclist of someone i follow on tumblr this week, i felt so famous. thank you so much to everyone whos commented on this for your support<33
as usual, please comment. they make me very happy and motivate me to write!! (and now i am going to bed because i stayed up an hour later than i was going to so i could finish this before i leave tomorrow)