The Lycan Wars

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Storming into his house, Greg nearly broke the door as he slammed it shut. Not only was Mica's father not willing to kill Victor Feral, but he was even going to forgive him for deflowering his only child. Greg knew just how to fix that problem; however, as he sat in front of his laptop and plugged in the thumb drive. The video began to play and for a moment, he watched it. His body was aching for revenge.
Mica was lying naked under Victor Feral as the bastard's body moved over the girl's slight frame. With a few alterations, the ending of this video would appear much more different then the consensual act of her claiming Victor. Greg was going to make it look like the entire act was forced on her. If this video didn't infuriate Alaric, nothing would.
As he manipulated the images, he also checked Alaric's latest email, there was another one from Victor. He wanted to talk peace, and reach an accord. An evil grin played on his lips as he deleted the message, it would be seen as a slight by Victor if Alaric didn't reply. This mutt wasn't going to ruin this for him; Greg had plans, and if they failed Benjamin would die.
Having been double crossed by his partner had surprised him, the human was cunning and had known way to much about the Lycan's to not have crossed paths with them before. But now he dangled not only the leadership of the Dickson pack over him but also the life of the only family he had left. Greg was now forced to stay in this right to the dirty end and Mica was now a pawn on the board, and that didn't sit well with him at all.

* * * ~~~ * * *

Three months had come and gone in a blur; Mica found little time to reflect on things as her time was nearly all but consumed with the rigors of being this pack's Alpha Bitch. Jenni had become her closest friend here, spending a great deal of time with her, helping her to iron out a few squabbles and such. Mica had learned just how poor this pack really was. They didn't have the funds to help members with higher education; there was no nurse practitioner in the Den and no private school for the packs' children to learn about their ways. They did have a midwife who was also a veterinary assistant for the nearest vet in the next community, which was a relief because when a werewolf pup was born it didn't always come out looking very human.
The stress of everyday pack life was only the beginnings of her anxieties. Tonight they would be a meeting with her father. Victor and herself would meet with her dad and Greg. For the past three weeks, the two Alphas' had ranted and raved over the phone, made threats and insults and now finally they would try and work this out. Mica wanted peace between them; she wanted her dad to be a part of her life and thinking that may never happen made her upset. The thoughts of this meeting had her tensed again, the sandwich she had just eaten sat heavy in her stomach.
With a hot rush running over her, she felt the room spin, and she dove for the bathroom. This had been five times today and the third day in a row that she ate something, and it came back up. She was late and knew her cycle should have started shortly after she was Mated to Victor. Mica didn't know for sure but was planning on taking a test tomorrow after Victor left to go fishing with Mike. Brushing her teeth after she rinsed her mouth and washed her face, she thought she heard the sounds of feet on the dock. Stepping out she saw Jenni walking up to the screen door with a big smile on her face and a basket of home-baked goods. The smell wafted into the place as Mica waved her in.
"Hey I did some baking this morning and made some extra cinnamon rolls for you guys" she smiled as she told her and the spicy smell was too much and Mica bolted again.
"Are you all right?" she asked from the bathroom door as Mica gagged over the toilet.
"Yeah I'll be fine." She managed to say as after the waves subsided. Jenni's warm hand rested on her shoulder as she held her hair up for her.
"Here hun." She said, passing Mica a wet face cloth.
"Do you want me to call Victor?"
"No, please...don't tell him ok." She said suddenly worried that he might cancel this meeting with her dad.
"Mica? Are you?" she left the sentence hang as she helped her to stand.
Mica looked at her and shrugged her shoulders; she could see Jenni's eyes light up just before she hugged her.
"Oh Victor is going to be so happy." She beamed as she said it.
"He doesn't know that I might be. I never told him I was getting sick, besides, I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I take a test. So please don't say anything just in case it's only the stomach flu or something." She explained.
"My lips are sealed hun!" she was acting all giddy and Mica couldn't help but smile.

* * * ~~~ * * *

Victor stormed into his cramped office at the Den's small meeting hall. Things had not been going as well as he had hoped; the meeting with Mica' father was in only a couple of hours and now someone had set bear traps in the woods around his territory. They left a confusing scent behind, human most definitely, but it was mottled with something else to mask it, and that had him nervous.
Tonight the meeting was going to be on neutral grounds, in a human town to ensure no one shifted and tried to rip the other's throat out. Victor had tried to convince Alaric he was a good Mate for Mica, but the man was refusing to accept the Mating. Now at her behest he was going to meet with him, although he was sure there was no way Alaric would ever accept him. At first, his plan of mating Mica was to ensure Alaric made an Alliance with his pack but that is not what happened; Alaric had signed an accord with Derrick Timber and now Victor's pack was endanger of being run from their territory.
The blaring of his cell phone brought him out of his thoughts, and he snapped crankily as he answered it.
"What!"
"Hey it's me, what's wrong with you?" he heard his brothers voice asked.
"Nothing, just on edge."
"Oh ok well I got that information you were asking about. I called our cousin Bethany in the Gilbert pack down in Miami. She has some disturbing news about what's going on."
"Yeah and?"
"Alaric has three other larger packs willing to sign on to this Alliance they are building. Rumor has it that the packs towards the east are starting to do the same. Building up their allies in a show of strength as the Alliance grows, apparently they believe Alaric and Derrick are planning a grab for territory." He told him flatly.
"Damn it, this isn't good."
"Yeah tensions are getting pretty high according to Bethany. I can see a fight between the two groups over turf, it will most likely have a rippled effect on the smaller packs that don't join a side." Mike added.
"Great just what we need!" he snarled.
"Sorry I didn't have any better news. Well good-luck tonight hopefully things will turn out." His brother told him before hanging up.
Stepping to the water cooler and getting a drink Victor tried to fathom how he would be able to keep his pack from being either wiped out or integrated by the larger packs. With a werewolf population of only seven males in a pack of thirty family members, the Feral pack would never stand a chance if attacked. Now his only chance for protection from Alaric's group laid in his having Mated Mica and if tonight's meeting fell apart, he may have to do the unthinkable to save his people.
Picking up the phone he called Frank Valtor from the southern pack in California. They were a larger pack, who were mostly neutral and stayed that way as other wolves were leery of them. They were rumored to have shamans in their human member's and that didn't always sit well with other werewolves. But just in case he needed an ace up his sleeve, he would start the way for a new friendship, it meant making a promise that Mica might kill him for however. But he was the Alpha and he would protect his pack no matter what the cost would be.

* * * ~~~ * * *

Alaric's eyes were riveted at the large younger man standing beside his child. The heated words had flown from one to the other and as several humans eyed them nervously Alaric could feel him self-control waning.
"She is my Mate and not returning to your Pack!" Victor growled low. His body language told Alaric that he was prepared to fight for Mica.
"This has gone on far too long...Mica get over here!" he snapped at his daughter.
"Dad..."
"She's not going anywhere's!" Victor said stepping in front of her.
"Mica!" The younger wolf growled as she stepped around him.
"He's still my Dad!"
"That's right and I never gave you permission to have her, nor would I ever allow her to be defiled by a flea bag like you!" he nearly spat the words out as the images from the video Greg had shown him replayed in his mind.
"DAD!" she yelled at him.
"I bit him..." the words that his only child had just uttered sat on the fringe of his mind slowly soaking in.
"You...bit...him?" he repeated it incredulously as he stared at her.
"Yes...dad I bit him first, he is my Mate!" she moved her long loose hair from her neck to reveal her mated Mark. She would only have one if she had allowed him to claim her.
"But he raped you!" he stared at her, the disgust very audible in his voice.
"No! That's not exactly what happened...I...We..." Her eyes looked close to tears and with a roar, he lashed out.
His only child had willingly accepted the man who raped her as her mate and then had the gall to expect him to accept the bastard who had done it. His grip on her wrist caused her to squeal out and as Victor lunged towards them Greg leaped to intercede. As the other two men fought, Alaric felt the rage wash over him at his only child dishonoring him like this, making a fool out of him.
As the roars of the other two men fighting echoed across the parking lot so did the slap he gave Mica.
"How could you do this!" he yelled at her. She said nothing only stared up at him in what looked like shocked disbelief as her hand covering the large red welt his open-handed slap was leaving on her cheek. A flash of blue and red lights turning into the parking area forced them to end their meeting and as Greg and himself watched, Mica willingly left with the Feral wolf.

* * * ~~~ * * *

Curling up into his arms Mica sobbed. This hadn't turned out the way she had wanted; her father had looked at her with such disgust and rage that her heart broke. He had slapped her; he had never once laid a hand on her in all of her nineteen years of life and now because she chose Victor, he looked as if she had stabbed him in the heart.
"It'll be ok." Victor whispered into her ear as he pulled her closer.
"How...he hates me!" she sobbed louder.
"Give him time Mica...maybe in a few more months...then we can try to talk to him again." He told her.
Looking up at her lover with his rapidly healing fat lip and black eye, she was grateful it hadn't turned deadly. Werewolves could heal much quicker than normal humans but dealt enough damage they too could be killed. Gently kissing her on the forehead, he guided her to their bed and made her lay down.
"Get some sleep, I'll be in soon, there are a few things I need to do." He told her, and he left. She could hear him walking around out on the deck moving towards the front of the boat house then it started, and she could feel it moving.
Victor was taking them out to the center of the lake like he said he would and as she strained her hearing, she could barely hear him talking to his brother Mike. Mike had returned to the boat with them, and the two brothers were supposed to go fishing tomorrow, something Victor said he would cancel. Mica had told him not to and now as she looked in her night stand draw at the test she needed to take in the morning while no one was here, her heart got caught in her throat. What if she was pregnant?