Status: Active. [In Progress, Again. Sorry for the wait!] (2.11.2014)

Idle

siete

Four and a half hours on a plane and Rex was barely able to walk out to meet Reid and Agent Hotchner. She couldn't sleep due to all the pent up anxiety she felt after Sam escorted her to the aircraft that now brought her here to where her doctor friend who she had only wanted to help was doing his job.

Rex wasn't all that sure as to how she could help on the ground level. Her focus had always been on the facts and information or the people she could aid with that. She never expected to be brought in in this way. It was something almost forbidden to her. She felt uneasy.

However, as much terror that she felt she did know that she had at least two friends in this select group of people. Even if one was back in Virginia and the other knew minimial facts about her - like she didn't have insurance and she was the victim of violence and she liked to sketch. There was a lot more to her and that was something she feared letting anyone know about, even Spencer Reid.

As she followed the throngs of people ahead of her out of the tunnel she almost immediately spotted the two she was meeting. Reid and his boss. They were both tall and not too difficult to pick out of the crowd. It also helped that they started toward her before she could get a breath in or out.

Her ability to focus on anything was truly limited once Hotch was standing there hand outstretched. "Rex, nice to meet you officially. I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner. My team is waiting at a small station a couple cities over."

She nodded mutely, blinking as she shook his hand. Reid for his part smiled at her as they turned and began walking. "I need to get coffee before we go."

"No sleep?" Reid spoke finally. She gave him a barely there smile before leaving them there to grab two cups of coffee.

She was quick about it but not too much seeing as she came back to what looked like a very intense conversation. It seemed about her but ceased once she was there.

They was not much talking from the moment they got in the car to the moment they arrived. Until Rex was led into the office where the others were stationed.

Garcia was on the line informing them of something when Hotch introduced her. "I'm happy you made it there safely." The resident tech savviest woman just about cooed from the other line. "I did. Thanks. Have you found something out?" She felt better talking to Garcia than any of the others despite the fact that they were all staring as she sipped her second coffee and focused on what was being discussed between the two of them.

"YES! You're an angel sent from somewhere magical I'm pretty sure. So get this my loves, Rex was right on the money there is this large chain of family owned ranches in the surrounding cities. It's not something incredibly obvious because all the names are different but it looks like their owned by the same people. The ironic but real McDonald's. They've been here for generations and the youngest son of 28 years has recently suffered a huge setback a la this other group of ranchers who has been trying to get in on his land."

"Who are they?"

"That's crazy part its his great aunt godson. He goes by West Andrews. I don't have any way to track him."

Rex took her bag off her shoulder. "I might be able to help. Before I came to you I printed off some files I thought might be interesting." She slipped into a chair and began pulling out file after file. "It's not a lot but it could help."

She spread all the documents out and from behind her Reid and Hotch shared a lot. Reid picked up one of stacked and began flipping through it.

It all sort of went nuts from there. Reid was spouting off things to Garcia while Rex sat there watching him just speed through everything as if it were nothing. All these files were about twenty pages thick but it was like nothing to him.

Not wanting to bother him she turned to the blonde who had yet to introduce herself but didn't seem too foreboding. "How..?"

"We don't ask, its one of his talents. And eidetic memory probably helps too. I'm Jennifer. You're new to me." It seemed as though she wasn't the only one who was nervous about her being there. She grabbed her coffee, nodded at the woman and took a sip.

"Yeah."

"We'll talk later." Then she was walking out the door with the buffest guy that she had seen in a long time. She heard Penelope call him Morgan while he called her Baby Girl. That was a thing, a very interesting thing.

Soon enough it was just her and Reid. Hotch was pulled away by an officer. Rex had wanted to say something but she didn't know where to start. Hi didn't seem good enough. He was flipping through the files some more even though he probably remembered everything already.

"Reid?"

"Yep." He was distracted and that probably was a good thing.

"What am I suppose to do here?" Her voice was soft and bordered on lost and childlike but she couldn't seem to mind it at the moment. She wasn't completely okay with any of this.

He turned her to then, dropping the file in his hands and sitting next to her.

"I don't have a clue." He chuckled. "I was just as shocked when I saw you with Garcia."

"Sorry." She said fiddling with the cup in her hands. There wasn't much she could say about it. This thing wasn't special, it was a small hobby she picked up when she was younger. She didn't expect to be invited to be with the big leagues. The FBI were one of the best. Especially not knowing where she stood.

"We all have things we want to keep to ourselves. It's good you're here though. I was gonna give you a call in the morning."

"Why?"

"To be sure you were okay." That made her smile. "You're a good person Reid."

It was like a light bulb went off in his head. She didn't know why or what had made it but he was practically tripping over as he exited the room.

He came back a minute later, peeking his head through the door. "Thanks Rex." Then he was back out again.

She said a quiet 'welcome' to the empty room. She imagined she was supposed to stay put, so she did while looking over the last file he was looking into. It was talking about the McDonald's field. There wasn't anything special about it but perhaps there was something else that he knew. Something that would save someone else.

A call came in about an hour later when Hotchner had come back alone and sat with her. He didn't say much up until that point but he had been watching her as she took out a sketchbook and started reworking an old piece.

"Garcia?"

"Sir, there's been another one."

"How? Reid found the place. Morgan and JJ are with him looking into it."

"I just got a call from Derek. The body of Michael McDonald was found in the field of the third property closest to Lela West; daughter of Andrew West. Neither West were on the property but JJ has headed over to start questioning at the main house."

"Send me the address. Rex and I are gonna take a closer look."

His eyes trained back on Rex. She started putting her things away and got to her feet by the time he bid goodbye to Garcia.

"I'm not sure I'll be of much help, sir."

He just gestured for Rex to follow. She did, reluctantly.