Status: Active. [In Progress, Again. Sorry for the wait!] (2.11.2014)

Idle

ocho

Rex knew she had to be panicking, being taken to a crime scene by the lead FBI agent who as a matter of fact made her nervous more than all of the rest. She didn't belong there, civilians didn't go to crime scenes. She knew, she had a lot of intel to say that this was completely not supposed to happen. Yet, here she was flashing lights behind them as Agent Hotchner walking around the scene after having a small chat with the head officer in charge who had been called to the scene reporting 'strange activity'.

To her, anything about this was strange. Forget the fact that they were standing over a dead body in the middle of the field. Hotch had spied on her for a few minutes once they were there. Dead bodies were supposed to repulse most people, and yes while she was not okay with the idea there was no getting out of it. Her stomach was strong, her nose was not. She thanked the heavens she was wearing a sweatshirt and she could cover her face from smelling the blood.

The body of Michael McDonald wasn't that fresh but the gruesome nature of his death made her a bit dizzy. She managed to control her wobbly legs as Hotch inspected the body. She took the time to look around them. There wasn't much here to see. A field was a field anywhere.

If it weren't for the other officials around she was sure that they would have been lost in there. The hay and corn fields rose high. Great place for a murder, not that she often thought about murder. This was the first day that she had even thought about it on a rational sense. She felt like an oddball here.

It wasn't her domain and Hotch knew that.

"What do you see?" He asked, getting to his feet.

"Not much. It's far from the house. There wasn't a trail was there?" Rex turned back to him, one of his brows was raised at her.

She shrugged. "I read a lot. Trails are normal for murders?"

He nodded slightly as he began walking a bit past the body, signaling for the crew that were around them to move the body. He obviously had gotten what he needed from it.

"There isn't a trail. It's highly suspicious. The probability of that happening is probably slim. There is a pool of blood by the body. Splatter would be common especially seeing as this is the murder scene." Rex turned back a moment trying to see what he saw. How could he tell what it was? She just saw cuts and blood and the paleness of the scene.

Something happened then, as Hotch moved ahead she felt something creepy. Forgetting for a moment that this was a place that a body was found and the history of bad blood between rivaling families. Something was off. She didn't like it.

It made her run after Hotch. Not to him. At him.

Then she was tackling him to the ground as a bullet passed by them. Someone was close. Someone was trying to kill them. Or him rather.

Rex suspected that the killer didn't even know who she was and had no idea that she was around when they went for Aaron Hotchner's head.

Another shot came, missing the desired target as Hotch rolled her over so that she was under him. Protecting the civilian - it was probably in a book somewhere. High priority and all that.

Everything happened quickly, she was finding out. There a lot more shots fired before the silence came back. Then there was JJ and Morgan, standing nearby to check on their boss and friend then shortly her.

"How did you know that was about to happen?" JJ asked when Hotch explained that she tackled him to the ground.

"A feeling," She brushed it off like it was nothing. She didn't know how to explain it any more than that. Her day job entailed her sitting at a desk and occassionally showing a group of people piece of art and telling them factoids about it. It had little to do with gunmen and her ability to react to save a life.

Correction, slightly saving the life of a man who was like a father to Reid. God, she probably knew more about these people than they knew of her and that was something she was more than okay with at this point.

"A feeling, huh?" Morgan said as he roped an arm across her shoulder as he led her back through the fields to an exit where a car was waiting.

"Sure." She mumbled, not totally sure where he was going with this. She slid into the backseat of the car where he accompanied her.

"So tell me something Rex..." He stopped looking at her as if he was waiting for confirmation that he got that part right. She was used to that, her name wasn't normal especially for a girl. It was the only one she got so she didn't see any problem with having to explain that. "What do you do? You seem to know more than you're letting on. Knocking over a FBI agent pretty much gives away a lot."

She hated to disappoint the man but she really didn't do much. She laughed while shaking her head, "I work at an art museum. That's about it. Nothing special if that's what you're getting at. I just happen to be a good listener." She gestures to her ears. "These things are as good as any hawks I guess. I wouldn't say it's exactly the best thing."

"You saved Hotch from a hospital visit. That's pretty huge. Don't knock it because he'll thank you later."

That made her wonder what exactly happened to the person who was shooting at Hotch and indirectly herself.

"Where's the culprit?"

"Snuck off but they did get hit so we think we'll be able to wrap all of this up in another day or so."

"Who was it?"

"Lily's husband."

She went to ask why when the blonde agent, Jennifer came over and pulled him away to tell him something. Morgan left and she took his place. "We're gonna room tonight. Us girls." She smiled. Rex nodded. Jennifer didn't seem like a bad person. Rex hadn't look into anyone besides what she knew about Garcia from years past but she had a good feeling about these people.

She had no clear reason as to why that was but she did.

Jennifer took her to the hotel after another hour on the scene and they headed up to their room.

"You can shower first if you want. I have to call back home. I have a husband and kid. Reid is a godparent actually." Rex liked to think she added that last tidbit to make it more comfortable for her knowing that Reid was someone she already readily trusted.

"Didn't know that." Rex took the other bed that Jennifer hadn't put her stuff down on. "He's probably good with kids."

She laughed, "Oh yeah, sometimes i think Henry loves him more than Will or me."

Rex wasn't sure of what she could say that wouldn't come off odd. She had good ties with children too. They came into the museum a lot. Interacting with them was one of the highlights of her days.

As JJ called home, Rex took a moment to think of everything that had happened since she arrived to this group. It had been more eventful than she could possibly imagine. It felt okay so far.

A couple minutes passed and so Rex decided to go ahead to take her shower. She was utterly exhausted and she felt the dirt from the rolling round in the field. It was far from pleasant.

She grabbed what she needed from her bag and caught the other woman in the room's attention before heading into the small bathroom.

Jennifer was wrapping up the call with Will after talking to Henry - saying goodnight when she turned back to the bathroom door which Rex hadn't completely closed. She went to close it when she saw the young girls back. There was a long gash starting from her shoulder blade on down to her hip, not to mention the wound that looked newer right at her waist.

"I'll talked to you tomorrow. Love you too. Bye."

She shut the door before dialing Hotch. A part of her felt like she probably should be discussing this with Reid but she didn't know how much he knew and didn't want to worry him. He worried enough and she had already caught onto the fact that this woman was someone he cared about immensely. Friendship was still as strong as real love sometimes and she wondered what more there was to know about her. She was clearly smart but guarded for reasons unknown to anyone.

"I think we need to look into Rex."
♠ ♠ ♠
As if Garcia is gonna let that happen...or you know that Reid will be 100% cool with that.
Who knows what could happen really.
Not good things though I imagine.
Hope you liked it!