Described As Clouds: The Vivid Things

Stitching Hearts

Described As Clouds: Chapter 1- Stitching Hearts (Apollo)

Sierra, Duke, and I waited at the train station. Sierra's best friend was supposed to come any minute. We were the only ones there. All we could hear was the beautiful sound of the train whistle and the gentle noise of the rain clashing against the ground. The Crimson City train station was severely quiet at night, almost relaxing. I would have fallen asleep, but I told Duke to keep me awake.

"Apollo, a train is coming!" Duke pretended to be panicked. And, naively, I believed him.

"W-what? Where?!" I got up as fast as I can, looking up and down the train tracks. It was too late to realize that Duke had tricked me.

"Good morning." Duke chided.

"I'll get you back."

"Of course you will."

"Guys! Look! A train!" Sierra anticipated the classic train carrying multiple passengers. One of them had to be Sierra's close friend. The train approached and, like a disturbed nest of wasps, the passengers unloaded the train. She looked for her friend-Harris-all while being surrounded by other passengers. Duke and I couldn't see her, too much people were coming out at the same time. When the passengers cleared and the train left blowing its beautiful whistle, we saw Sierra staring at the tracks with her back turned to us, obviously devastated that Harris didn't come.

"Sierra? Are you okay?" I said concerned.

"Yes." She wasn't crying, although deep down, she was. "Something happened. I can feel it. Harris is in trouble." She started to walk home, pondering. I followed, but Duke stayed.

"Duke, what are you doing? Come on." I stopped following Sierra and waited for Duke to catch up.

"I will meet you at the Bakery tomorrow," duke said, sounding flustered. "I've got work to do here."

"Duke, tomorrow's my date with Avery, remember?"

"Well, I'll see you later." What "work" did Duke have to do at the train station? Then I remembered. His father works at the station, as a conductor.

"OK. Bye." And with that, I left, catching up with Sierra.

************************************************************************

Avery was beautiful, and our love was a flame that couldn't be taken out. She had long, red hair and soft, light brown eyes. Tonight, she was wearing her ebony, thigh high skirt with a matching top. She wore a khaki jacket over that and a grey beret. We were out on our favorite hill, looking at the stars near the train station, just north.

"Why don't nights like this last forever?" Avery asked me, with that usual playful smirk on her face.

"There are reasons," I replied, returning her playful smirk with a quiet giggle.

She looked at the stars, pointing out different constellations that I never heard before, like the Lynx, the Auriga, and the Eridanus. I wasn't surprised. She wanted to be an astronomer, she wanted to study the stars. At one point of our date, we saw millions of small dashes of light going across the sky very quickly, and then they'd disappear.

"It's a meteor shower!" I've never seen Avery so glad before. All the dashing lights seemed to gleaming down on Avery. Then she turned to me. "Oh, Apollo." She said calmly. The meteor shower appeared to be going faster. I smiled down at her. As she wrapped her arms around my neck, I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I love you, Avery." I say.

"I love you too, Apollo." She replied. It wasn't long after that before Sierra came and interrupted our embrace.

"You're okay!" she exclaimed. I stared at her, angry that she ruined our date.

"You two have to see this, a train somehow ended up in Town Square."